- Registered User
Member for 5 years
Last active Sun, Nov, 19 2017 16:08:59
- 0 Followers
- 422 Total Posts
- 37 Thanks
Sep 9, 2017The goal of this deck is exceedingly straightforward:Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
- Cast vampires.
- Create vampire tokens from Edgar.
- Send vampires to snack on opponents.
And yes, there are Ixalan cards in here already. Don't like it? Tough. I prefer proxying new cards out ahead of time so I can get a feel as to whether they're good enough to buy or not.
Sep. 12, 2017: 👍🏻 Legion's Landing, 👎🏻 Volrath's Stronghold
Need to free up my copy of Stronghold for a Meren list I'm considering, and my curve is so low I think I can afford to test at 35 lands. Landing does everything the deck wants: it produces another warm body, I only need to cast one other vampire to flip, and once it does I get ramp and token generation.
Aug 14, 2017Gonna do a top seven (for 2017), in no particular order. Ranking cards solely how they'd perform in the 99, not necessarily as commander.Posted in: Commander (EDH)
Kindred Boon - Much like an improved Darksteel Plate: even if you only name your commander's type, this thing will cost the same as Plate to cast and activate, and it can potentially affect multiple creatures at once.
Teferi's Protection - Anything I'd say about this card has already been said.
Traverse the Outlands - At first I was comparing this pretty directly to Harvest Season, a card I'm not fond of. However, consideration led me to realize this is probably a lot better. It's easier to have one 3 power creature than it is to have three 1 power creatures, and the ceiling on this card can get absurdly high with not a ton of effort.
Kess, Dissident Mage - Kess honestly appeals to me less as a commander than as a major roleplayer for spellslinger builds. She's a Snapcaster Mage that sticks around and can really grind out value over time. Hopefully she ends up sub-$10 or even sub-$5, because I want a copy of her for my toolbox. And I don't even have a Grixis deck yet.
Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist - Great for any GWx deck that wants to go wide, but the real reason I like Mirri is that she helps you avoid the crackback that normally comes with swinging out in such a deck. She's going to find a home in my legendary tribal Naya deck for sure.
Herald's Horn - This card seems to fly under people's radars so far, and I think they're heavily underestimating it. If your tribal deck has a low curve, it saves you mana each turn; and can easily put you up in card advantage.
Path of Ancestry - Strictly better than Khans/Alara trilands for EDH purposes. What's not to like?
Aug 14, 2017Picking up the vampires precon to build Edgar Markov. Was debating between him and Alesha for a bit, but the precon has a bunch of interesting new cards for the archetype, and I've never really stuck to a tribal build, so am thinking of trying something different. Outside of that:Posted in: Commander (EDH)
- Herald's Horn for Edgar, since it's not in the precon and it's pseudo ramp/draw.
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist for Saskia, soon to become Samut. She's legendary, and is absurdly good at pushing through for damage while keeping the aggro off my neck.
- Portal Mage for Ephara. Being able to throw my opponent's alpha strike somewhere else seems too good to be true, haha.
May 28, 2017I see a surprising lack of Reyhan, Last of the Abzan in this brainstorm.Posted in: Commander (EDH)
And I second the suggestion of just playing Ramos as gold tribal. Cloven Casting, Defiler of Souls, etc. You also get to play all the good charms: Abzan Charm, Bant Charm, Crosis's Charm, Sultai Charm - hell, something as simple as Terminate now gets a boost.
EDIT: Mayael's Aria!?
Apr 26, 2017Not sure about this, but can't you just bake the exile clause for infuse into the reminder text like cipher? Right now, I see some potential confusion, in that it's unclear whether or not a spell that has something infused will itself be exiled on resolution due to getting the "Exile ~" clause from the infused spell.Posted in: Custom Card Creation
Double Vision 3U
Scry 2, then draw two cards.
Infuse 3U (Then exile this spell card. As you cast an instant or sorcery while this card is in exile, you may pay 3U. If you do, add this card's other effects to that spell.)
Apr 26, 2017Posted in: Custom Card CreationQuote from entombedhydra »G Vizier - I'm not sure I like green's Camel and "remove -1/-1 from your creature" effects. Black should be able to remove counters (ideally "all"), anytbing else feels off color. I don't see why green gets to remove ANY counters. That said, this is fair.
Hapatra's Mark? It at least "feels green" in Amonkhet, as you're making your creatures whole/untainted again, a flavor of healing that is very green.
Re: Mother of Scarabs - Right now, her second ability as worded makes her a better Ant Queen. I'd phrase her as:
B, Sacrifice another creature: Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.
B, Remove a -1/-1 counter from another creature you control: Create a 1/1 black Insect creature token.
Apr 21, 2017I don't think "random legendary creatures" is the way to solve BFZ/OGW. Original Zendikar block has 15. New Zendikar block, which is just over half the size, has 13. What you've posted look fine, but my greatest gripe is that none of them except for Valakut Flamekeepers feel legendary.Posted in: Custom Card Creation
My actual complaints are as follows. Note: a lot of these pwere also brought up in MaRo's Drive to Work episode on BFZ.
- Have a more plot that's more "adventure-feeling." Zendikar wasn't a block about war, it was a block about exploring. Have the Gatewatch and friends go plumb the depths of the plane to find the MacGuffin of the Week to seal away the Eldrazi, all the while avoiding drones and scions and such.
- Remove devoid. It's a mechanic that doesn't do anything, and people expect their mechanics to actually do something. Just have the "this card is colorless" bit spelled out in the rules text.
- Remove cohort. None of its cards were Constructed-viable, and it flew in the face of what Allies wanted to do. Keep rally through OGW.
- Add a few more white Eldrazi. Eldrazi Displacer was neat on how it took white mana and interpreted it as born by an Eldrazi, but it feels weird for there to not be any others.
- Introduce the C symbol in BFZ, not OGW. There's something really aesthetically awful about having half of the block use 1 and the other using C.
- Ingest and processors were underwhelming, and processing was a flavor fail. (Why are you getting back the processed cards if the flavor makes them vanish for good?) Beef up ingest a bit more, and drop processors to instead have Eldrazi that care about number of cards in exile.
- Why is Bearer of Silence not a Drone, but Birthing Hulk is? And you can't say that only Drones make Scions, because Drowner of Hope does too. Standardize sizes, jfc.
- Push support a bit more for Constructed. I remember it took the place of a mechanic that interacted with planeswalkers very late in development, but we got something very conservative and boring as a result.
- Ditch the 2HG theme for OGW and make surge just trigger on your own spells. I get what they were trying to do, but I don't think that design space should be explored in Standard. Save it for supplemental sets like Conspiracy.
Apr 19, 2017Arlinn, Blessed by Silver 1RGPosted in: Custom Card Contests and Games
Planeswalker - Arlinn
Starting Loyalty: 3
[+1]: Choose up to one target creature you control. Until end of turn, that creature gains trample and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card."
: Arlinn deals damage equal to her loyalty to target creature. That creature deals damage equal to its power to her.
[-6]: Arlinn becomes a 5/5 Wolf creature with double strike, trample and indestructible. (This effect lasts indefinitely. She's no longer a planeswalker.)
Next: Ral Zarek, if he had taken the place of Jace for the plot of Shadows over Innistrad and Eldritch Moon.
Apr 3, 2017Phosphorus posted a message on Xerex, The Planar Labyrinth - Custom Set In a Day Challenge [TODAY! Watch the Live Stream!]This is a super-neat idea! I'll definitely be watching the process unfold on Sunday: since designing a set for me has always been hard, I'd like to see how other people go about it. Don't have too many ideas right now, but some thoughts:Posted in: Custom Set Creation and Discussion
- Returning Mechanic: Dethrone or splice.
- Returning 'Walkers: Tibalt or Narset.
Feb 4, 2017Just gonna say that I fell in love with this deck idea. I've a few suggestions:Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
- Argothian Enchantress (if you beef up your enchantment count, she could be a nice draw engine)
- Earth Surge (another anthem effect for your lands)
- Nissa, Vital Force (her ultimate is pretty easy to get off, and the emblem helps a lot)
- Primal Order (really dumps on the multicolor decks)
- Seer's Sundial (helps with draw, again)
EDIT: I had some other thoughts - namely, a Treefolk Harbinger package could be nice.
- Argothian Enchantress (if you beef up your enchantment count, she could be a nice draw engine)
Jan 28, 2017Phosphorus posted a message on Jenara: Counterintelligence (suggestions welcome!)Made a few quick changes:Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
- Dropped Advokist for Anafenza. With all the creature spells in this deck, she should be able to reliably pump my team.
- Testing Verdant Confluence in place of Primal Command: its modes seem for the most part more relevant.
- Fixed up the nonbasics a bit.
Never been fond of Bairn, since the most reliable way of tapping him is throwing him into the red zone, where he'll almost certainly die. Vorel's a more tantalizing option, but right now I'm pretty well stocked on 3-drops, so it'll be hard figuring out what to cut for him if anything.
I considered Township, but I decided that I'd almost always rather use any mana I'm holding up on Jenara. She's the best mana sink this deck has available.
Ajani, MoH is definitely more enticing, though... If it weren't for his current price tag I'd jump on him, but right now I'd need to find cuts before I seriously consider him.
Jan 23, 2017Phosphorus posted a message on Jenara: Counterintelligence (suggestions welcome!)Posted in: Multiplayer Commander DecklistsQuote from XeroxedFool »
Any of these would be fine. Rashmi doesnt fit the theme of the deck.
Rafiq wants you to go tall and Archangel wants you to go wide so they don't work well together. In that case either one could go depending on if you want to focus your deck on either path.
The High Sentinels are big and spread counters around but they ask for a lot of mana.
Archangel was already a card I was questioning, and since I want to go tall I'm fine with cutting her.
-1 Archangel of Tithes, +1 Fertilid
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.