- Registered User
Member for 5 years, 7 months, and 5 days
Last active Mon, Jan, 22 2018 23:17:09
- 0 Followers
- 1,475 Total Posts
- 156 Thanks
Jan 18, 2018Oh the Arcane Savant makes a copy of the card!? Alright that's absurd, I'd have hopped on the Arcane Savant train had I read the card correctly.Posted in: Forum Magic
Jan 18, 2018Oh there it is! Also you wanted me to remind you to comment on my deck. So... reminded.Posted in: Forum Magic
I disagree on 6 <-> 4, should be 0-6. 4 can flashback memory's journey at end step to put savant on top of his deck, then outrace with 6 3/3s.
Jan 18, 2018Cogwork Librarian is elegant, but is pretty much a worse version of extra pick.Posted in: Forum Magic
If this goes on for a while, I think a backdraft round would be pretty fun. Take out all the situational/comboy cards, see how bad we can make decks with a super powerful card pool.
(And absolutely no rush, but when is the round firing?)
Jan 16, 2018(Post match discussion from #5) Damn it! The idea was to either strip slower decks down to one win condition or bait their generic permanent removal with vessel, then battle with Ob Nixilis + BSZ. Ob Nixilis cleanly dodges one piece of permanent removal with downtick and can kill through creature removal, BSZ kills most creature threats while Demon puts pressure on opposing PWs.Posted in: Forum Magic
Unfortunately I thought the control decks would be running faster permanent removal (e.g Dark Betrayal/Liliana's Defeat) or another win condition in their "flex" spot, but instead they ran counterspells and got to draw against Nixilis.
A friend suggested the Braids deck, but I thought there'd be a lot of Dark Betrayal/Liliana's Defeat + some number of Putrid Imp reanimator decks and decided against it. He also thought there would be a lot of countersqualls, so I suppose the lesson is listen to my clearly smarter friend who has a way better pulse on the meta than I do.
I think the Ob Nixilis + BSZ core was really good, it's the flex spot that got me into draws instead of wins. Ah well. For my own amusement, what happens if I had gone with Countersquall instead of vessel?
4. 6-0, hold countersquall either to protect Ob Nix on an empty board or to protect BSZ if he plays his finisher, Ob Nix beats Anguished.
6. 6-0, do everything under CS protection and make the same plays two turns later.
7. 6-0, I match your counter with CS, I BSZ your dragon and kill you with Ob Nix upticks.
9. 2-2, You throw Defeat and Vraska at Ob (one eats CS), then BSZ the demon down.
So I'd have netted 10 points and been just behind the braids deck, neat.
Jan 16, 20185) ManyCookies :: Sunshine and LollipopsPosted in: Forum Magic
Black Sun's Zenith /Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath / Vessel of Malignity
1. 6-0. I vessel, you're basically forced to pulse it. You can activate Call end step to stick one vampire a turn, but then I just wait until turn 8 for clear+Nixilis.
2. 6-0. I spam BSZ to clear riffraff until Mogis drops. I play Ob Nixilis + uptick when you have one fairy in play. Nixilis goes to 2 loyalty from fairy+mogis, then I spam BSZ and start upticking. If you redirect to Nixilis you lose 2 a turn and I take nothing, if you go to me I take net 1 a turn and you take 2.
3. 3-3. On my play I take 7 -> 5 -> 3 -> 0 and eventually wipe board, on draw I take 7 -> 7 -> 5 -> 3 and lose.
4. 2-2. I vessel, you hold countersquall and draw.
6. 2-2. I vessel, you hold countersquall and draw.
7. 2-2. I vessel, you hold Charm and draw.
8. 0-6. lol braids.
9. 4-1. Hello mirror match! I vessel your non vraska cards. On the play I downtick and make a Demon. If Vraska downticks on Ob she dies to demon. If Vraska downticks on Demon, Nix + Vraska both uptick to 3, then Nix repeats the fork but with Vraska at 3 loyalty.
On the draw, Vraska starts at 6 loyalty when I play Nix and can destroy Demon -> Nixilis to force the draw.
5 | 6 6 3 2 X 2 2 0 4| 24
Jan 15, 2018Current challenge is looking oddly appropriate in light of the recent mono-red standard bannings.Posted in: Custom Card Contests and Games
Jan 11, 2018To clarify, the "Cards can't leave hand until turn 3" rule is still in effect despite the Leng restriction?Posted in: Forum Magic
Jan 11, 2018Posted in: Custom Card Contests and GamesA 4/4 vanilla base creature is not a good representation of the “greatest of these beast” regardless of the pack she comes with.
Have you watched a Saturday Morning Cartoon and/or Shounen anime!? Friendship is the greatest power of them all.
I like this next challenge, I hope you take off points for overly narrow hosers that couldn't actually be sideboarded or maindecked.
Jan 10, 2018My first deck was Sunder/Dispel/Memnite, but my first meta read was counterspell spam+threat which that just lost horribly to. Then I went with Realm Razer+Summonings to instant-blow up lands and beat any number of counterspells, then realized Summonings was awesome and other people were probably doing that, so then I tried to beat other savage summoning decks while still screwing over sorcery speed threat decks reasonably hard (which voidstone usually does).Posted in: Forum Magic
I stand by my choice of Angel of Sanctions as secondary payload, despite it doing worse against this particular field than SIgarda. Beats removal+threat decks, wins against single disallow Depths decks or those not playing disallow (and drew otherwise), and it'd have been amazing against other savage golem decks if they weren't running exactly Sigarda!
Jan 9, 2018^If you're on the play, he makes six tokens end step, you summonings in voidstone, and then he holds up counter magic for sigarda and 10 -> 8 -> 6s you. If you hardcast anything, he counters+makes 3 tokens.Posted in: Forum Magic
Alright I'm pretty confident you 6-0 our mirror. You win if we end up in golem stareoff, which happens if I don't respond to you Golem or try to summonings on your turn, because your hexproof 5/5 angel trumps my effective 3/4 angel. Playing my angel in response to your golem gets beat by the following line: golem naming angel, drop Sigarda next turn -> killing the angel via forced Sigarda double block -> having a 4/4 summonings golem vs my 3/3 hardcast golem. And this always happens on my turn, so I never get in a free swing with my angel.
Jan 9, 2018Ah I see. I missed that you can cast WSZ in response to golem cast instead of summonings, so we don't get to cast our angel off summonings. In that case, I concur with your results, although your analysis is a bit off:Posted in: Forum Magic
I attack with 4 cats (4) now 3 cats
This would put me to 6, not 4. I swing with golem (8), you swing with 3 cats (2) now 2 cats... and now I can't attack with golem without a cat sneaking past for exact lethal, and my alpha of 7 damage only puts you to 1. So close!
Jan 9, 2018Right, thank you. Thought the lands came down all at once or something.Posted in: Forum Magic
ManyCookies, take a look at my match vs MyNameIsFourteen, I think it's a little different than you said. Though probably the same score.
You hold back voidstone until the last attack and smack with sigarda. You smack him twice and put him down to 8, he smacks back for 10 then 8 and puts you to 2. Then you swing with both Sigarda and Voidstone for 9 and win. I do the same thing, with less power but fewer opposing cats.
Edit: I think personman has me. I can't actually let golems trade, because otherwise his sigarda beats my sanctions (hexproof). So he gets first swing in the 4/4 race and I lose that way.
Edit2: ...however, I can savage in Angel before he golems (hitting nothing), in which case he drops golem naming my golem. I chump sigarda -> embalm angel and hit his golem -> play my golem, double block the sigarda -> THOSE golems stare at each other.
Edit3: Ah drat, Voidstone Golem stops activated abilities from anywhere! So if I play angel he just names angel with his golem, and then I can't double block and enbalm the angel.
Jan 9, 20184) ManyCookiesPosted in: Forum Magic
Angel of Sanctions / Savage Summoning / Voidstone Gargoyle // 2x Lotus Vale
1. 6-0. Voidstone Golem on Bargain. I play out both things and smack with 4/4 voidstone, leaving angel back so the ascendants can't gain 30 life on backswings.
2. 6-0. Golem on Iona.
3. 6-0, Golem on Rude.
5. 3-3. On the play you drop WSZ and I die pretty badly. But hilariously enough, I do better on the draw: I cast savage summoning on upkeep, which you WSZ for 6 in response to (if you render silent, I hardcast golem next turn and easily win against 3 cats). I then drop angel of sanctions off the summonings and hardcast golem next turn. You have 5 2/2s against my 4/5 and 3/3, I get first swing and (barely) win the race.
6. 6-0, Golem on Council's Judgement, hammer can't kill the 4/4 golem.
7. 2-2. Hello handsome! I play for the draw here; if you cast savage, I respond with my own, put in golem naming Sigarda, and our golems stare angrily at each other. If you hard cast Sigarda, I savage angel (hitting nothing) and hardcast voidstone on your voidstone. I double block any attack from sigarda, which leaves me with either a voidstone lock or a 4/5 angel that blocks your 4/4 savage'd golem.
8. 2-2. Well first, you can't depths-stage and also hold disallow for the angel trigger. An interesting line is manually removing depths counters, transforming stage into a lotus vale, then remove the last ice counter with one vale while holding up a disallow with the other. But when you turn Stage into a vale (which requires tapping both lands), I savage in Voidstone naming disallow, then hardcast Angel of Sanctions on my next turn. You can crack depths on my turn and dodge the angel, but then I just chump with Angel and embalm it back.
4 | 6 6 6 X 1 6 0 2| 27
Jan 9, 2018Huh, is there a comprehensive rule that'd hard stop "Choose a creature card name or creature token name" from working? 201.3 only stops naming a token if asked for a card name, but that doesn't prevent a card from asking for a token name.Posted in: Custom Card Contests and Games
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.