Demon oath vs GG oath

Poll: What Oath build is better?

What Oath build is better? - Single Choice

• Golden Gun Oath 55.9%
  • Demon Oath 44.1%
    Hey guys, what version do you guys this is more consistant? I like the fact GG can run tinker where as demon you loose out on that gameplan.

GG oath is normally Emrakul and blightsteel with dragon's breath

There are less dead cards in demon oath, but im curious if anyone else is playing oath these days.
    IMO, GG oath is probably the most competitive of the two. But I like playing Demon more for some reason.
    Check out my Cube Discussion Thread. Also try the draft simulator at Cube Tutor
    Demon Oath gives you more options, more choices to make, more chances to interact, and more chances to be disrupted. GG has the stronger win condition and gives a smaller window for your opponents to step through and stop you.

I can agree that Demon is probably the more fun to play while GG is probably the more powerful. Though, honestly I have played neither, I am currently putting together Demon Oath.
    I'm what the fox says.
    I've run both and always felt GG Oath is just more powerful and wins more (elephant is my favorite though, but GG has won me far more games far more consistantly).
    I've played both and I absolutely love Demon Oath more, but GG Oath just wins faster and more often for me.
    "Bottled life. Not as tasty as I'm used to, rather stale, but it has the same effect." Baron Sengir
    My Deck Index

Main Decks:
    Casual
    black mana Vampire
    black mana Zombie
    :symw::symu::symb::symr::symg: Last Stand
    Legacy
    :symu::symb: Reanimator
    blue mana Merfolk
    :symb::symr: Dragon Stompy
    Vintage
    :symu::symb::symg: Demon Oath
    3 mana MUD
    :symu::symr: Landstill

I don't get Demon Oath.
    You could take several extra turns by using up 5-6 spots in your deck (I forget how many dedicated or semi-dedicated cards demon oath has exactly, but it's at least 3 demons and some regrowth spells).
    Or you could have 2 Emrakuls as the only creatures in your deck and take infinite turns that way.
    Quote from t3hplatyz0rz
    I don't get Demon Oath.
    You could take several extra turns by using up 5-6 spots in your deck (I forget how many dedicated or semi-dedicated cards demon oath has exactly, but it's at least 3 demons and some regrowth spells).
    Or you could have 2 Emrakuls as the only creatures in your deck and take infinite turns that way.

Oathing in Emrakul doesn't grant you the extra turn.
    Tantarus: It didn't make the gaka greifer level, so it should be fine

EDH:
    RNorin the WaryR
    GUEdric, Spymaster of TrestUG

Duel Commander:
    WUGeist of Saint TraftUW
    BGSkullbriar, the Walking GraveGB
    BUGDamia, Sage of StoneGUB

Chruch of the Wary
    Quote from Gaka
    Oathing in Emrakul doesn't grant you the extra turn.

Well, ****.
    Apparently I've been testing wrong. Glad I didn't buy anything yet :P.
    Quote from t3hplatyz0rz
    Well, ****.
    Apparently I've been testing wrong. Glad I didn't buy anything yet :P.
    What you can do though is in a Show and Oath deck include a Channel. If you luck into drawing the Channel with Emrakul first turn that's pretty much game if they resolve, because the Channel allows you to cast Emrakul, which means you get the extra turn. When I run GG Oath I tend to also include a Tinker for the Bot; just extra ways to win besides Oathing up Emrakul or the Bot.
    "Bottled life. Not as tasty as I'm used to, rather stale, but it has the same effect." Baron Sengir
    My Deck Index

Main Decks:
    Casual
    black mana Vampire
    black mana Zombie
    :symw::symu::symb::symr::symg: Last Stand
    Legacy
    :symu::symb: Reanimator
    blue mana Merfolk
    :symb::symr: Dragon Stompy
    Vintage
    :symu::symb::symg: Demon Oath
    3 mana MUD
    :symu::symr: Landstill

the problem with GG oath is that you don't get haste often enough; if you run 1 emkarul, 1 colossus and 2 dragon breath, you only get dragon breath 50% of the time, and the other 50% of the time you can only pray you don't get jaced.
    I actually have found that running 3 Breaths remedies that (1 Emmy, 1 Robot), and 3/5 is betting odds. I've been sorely tempted by 4, but I thunk that's too many sadly (2/3 also happens to be the % of games I need to win...)
    Quote from glurman
    Quote from Lotus Cobra
    Could someone help me create a sideboard for the current meta?

-1 Merfolk deck
    +1 Almost literally anything else

Sorry if that isn't quite what you're looking for, but it's way more helpful strategically.

Level 1 Judge

Currently Playing:
    W Death and Taxes
    BGR ScapeWish Nic Fit
    BGR Punishing Nic Fit
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes