Cubing on Cockatrice

Does anyone else here join Cube Drafts on Cockatrice? If you do, my name is Salmoilla on there, and I try to cube whenever I'm on there. (Drafting is done on tappedout.net; making an account there takes two seconds)

Post your cockatrice user names here or PM me and next time I'm on I'll look for you/add you to my buddy list.

Also if you have a cube on tappedout, post a link! I'm always looking to try different ones.

The Site -- http://www.cockatrice.de/

edit: if there is already a thread about this, direct me there
    Last edited by Salmo: 1/21/2012 1:33:15 AM
    http://www.turnonemagic.com -- a cube blog. about cube. on a blog. cube. blog.

Also, follow us on twitter! @TurnOneMagic
    What exactly is cockatrice?

Is it like MTGO, but free (magic workstation)?

How do you find people on tappedout to draft with?

Do you have every card on cockatrice so you can play what you draft, or do you have to borrow cards?
    Cubes that I run:
    My Legacy-Legal Cube <--- Draft It!
    wtwlf123's Classic Cube
    Lanxal's Pauper Cube

Cubers, UNITE! Don't forget to post your cube location on The Great Cube Map Thread
    I also cube draft a lot on cockatrice. It's a lot like MWS, but there are draft "rooms" you join, and when they fill up, you go to tappedout.net to draft, then head back to cockatrice to play. You do have every card.
    It's a really decent program. Its alot of fun if you have a bigger screen to play it on though, those multiplayer matches can get crazy. Though, the one on one is perfect.

meep, how often do you have people drafting on TO, then not showing up for cockatrice?

It almost never happens. Occasionally someone will drop because their internet goes out, but that's about it.
    Quote from duckpants
    What exactly is cockatrice?

Is it like MTGO, but free (magic workstation)?

How do you find people on tappedout to draft with?

Do you have every card on cockatrice so you can play what you draft, or do you have to borrow cards?

It's like MTGO from what I've seen of MTGO (never used it), a slight learning curve but once you learn how to do everything it's pretty easy.

In regards to finding people, you make a room on cockatrice, people join, you collect the user names and then you set up a private match with only the user names of the people in the room allowed. Sometimes it'll take 15 minutes to launch, sometimes an hour; most of the the time, right in between there.

Every card on cockatrice is available to play.

I'll probably be on there during the day tomorrow (EST) so if anyone is interested poke your head on.

It's not like MTGO at all. It's way more similar to MWS.

I might be interested depending on what I'm doing tomorrow. I've never drafted on tappedout.net before, I'd like to give it a try.
    ~
    Blimpy's Aggro-Focused Cube (powered 360)

I'm always open to suggestions on how to improve my cube. Take a look and ask a question, or give a constructive critique whenever you can.
    I honestly don't think I'll use Cockatrice to look for games. The absolute best way would be text messages. Would be willing to if anyone else is.
    [450][Unpowered] Nathan's Cube @CubeTutor | @MTGSalvation
    [360][Custom] Nathan's Custom Cube Final list coming soon!
    [150][Theme] Myr Servitor Cube @CubeTutor | @MTGSalvation
    I honestly don't think I'll use Cockatrice to look for games. The absolute best way would be text messages. Would be willing to if anyone else is.

What I typically do is log in and see if there's a queue open, and unless a cube draft JUST started (a lot harder to launch two cube drafts one right after the other than it would be for ISD etc., though it does happen), I'll open one myself and find something to do on the 'net til it begins. Not too willing to give my number out, but if you want I can PM you on here.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes