Transformational Sideboard for Glory's Rise Deck

So I've been having fun lately with an Angel of Glory's Rise based deck (esper version) but it's very easy to hate out in games 2 and 3.

Does anyone have any good ideas I might try for a transformational sideboard?

Adding midrange beaters sounds alright but it's not a particularly strong deck (otherwise Esper midrange would be a thing) so I'm trying to think of something more powerful than that, maybe siding into a Curses package?

Anyway, ideas are welcome Smile

Edit: Sorry I meant to post this in Standard Deck Construction, if it could be moved please.
    Last edited by AsLan~: 5/24/2013 7:10:41 PM
    I currently side into my other combo.

Combo 1: Burning tree + undercity informer.

Combo 2: Cartel aristocrat + cathedral sanctifier + Attended knight (or Huntsmaster for both but I only have 1)

the second combo is better on the beat down... and can still combo off to win when they don't find thier hate.
    Standard, Budget:
    UBR URB control.
    UB heroic humans
    Modern, Budget:
    GBW Melria Pod (no fetch)
    R Mono red storm

Casual:
    RGB Jund Dragons
    UGrand Architech
    WR Tempered steel
    BG wild defiance Infect.

EDH
    GB Glissa, the traitor
    UWIsperia, Supereme Judge
    UWGDerevi, Empyrial Tactician
    I used to play the deck several months ago. The only transformational SB I can suggest is the "Aggro killer" SB, especially since it is the deck's bane of existence.

3 Rhox Faithmender
    3 Thragtusk
    3 Restoration Angel
    1-2 Centaur Healer?
    Type 1 - Sold all of my cards years ago to play Legacy
    Legacy - Imperial Painter, Elvis, DeathBlade, SneakShow, Shardless BUG, Jund Depths
    Modern - Scape*****, TarmoTwin, Melira Pod, Bogles
    Standard - GW Saito Enchantment, Jund Monsters
    Draft - Modern Masters is gone Crying
    Commander - Norin the Wary, Grimgrin, Adun still in progress (still need Adun)
    What are you trying to beat with this transformational sideboard? What card(s)/effect(s) impact are you trying to lessen?
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black][B][SIZE=2]Standard:[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=1] [/SIZE] [SIZE=1][SIZE=1]Bident Layers B Devotion RG Devotion UW Control [/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Modern:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] Jund UW [SIZE=1]Control [SIZE=1]Combo Pod [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] [SIZE=1] [/SIZE] [B][SIZE=2]Legacy:[/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Dea[SIZE=1]thBlade [SIZE=1]RUG Delver[SIZE=1] [SIZE=1][SIZE=1]BUG Control [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE] [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT]

BBCode Render failed due to reaching MaxNestingDepth(5) for Tag: size

Quote from Wydogg5305
    What are you trying to beat with this transformational sideboard? What card(s)/effect(s) impact are you trying to lessen?

No archetype in particular, but all forms of graveyard hate and slaughter games are very strong against the Angel plan.

I don't really feel aggro is a particularly bad matchup for my build (4x supreme verdict mainboard and 3x cathedral sanctifiers) so I'm more concerned with having a strong game plan against value decks like Jund, Reanimator, and Naya Midrange. Siding in extra midrange critters doesn't really help against those decks so I'm trying to find a plan that's strong against them.
    You could try out Clone in conjunction with Restoration Angel or Deputy of Acquittals and Renounce the Guilds.
    Quote from fjHawaii
    You could try out Clone in conjunction with Restoration Angel or Deputy of Acquittals and Renounce the Guilds.

Hey so this turned out to be a pretty good idea, I'm also liking Evil Twin and Soul Ransom too.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes