Turbo Enchantment G/W [Sphere of Safety Deck]

Hey guys, It's not only my first post here in salvation, but also my first try in a standard deck building, since I'm not all to familiar with the metagame and such, discussion and ideas for this deck will be very much apreciated (:
    So, the idea is simple but I couldn't find lists similar to this one... tons of enchantments and sphere of safety to block out creature attacks
    Here's my list by now:

Planeshifter's DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
    Creatures
    4x Fencing Ace
    2x Sigarda, Host of Herons

4x Abundant Growth
    4x Ethereal Armor
    4x Rancor
    2x Ranger's Guile
    2x Ground Seal
    2x Pacifism
    3x Soul Tithe
    1x Ajani, Caller of the Pride
    4x Oblivion Ring
    4x Sphere of Safety

10x Forest
    10x Plains
    4x Selesnya Guildgate

This is the basic idea! Tell me what you guys think and what could be improved! Thanks in advance
    Guildgate is bad in this deck, try to at least save up for sunpetal groves.... which you can pick up for about 4 bucks a piece, unless you can afford temple gardens then go for those and some sunpetal groves. Never want to be mana screwed.

Just not sure how well it will fare, but good luck Smile
    Quote from reizendfalke
    Guildgate is bad in this deck, try to at least save up for sunpetal groves.... which you can pick up for about 4 bucks a piece, unless you can afford temple gardens then go for those and some sunpetal groves. Never want to be mana screwed.

Just not sure how well it will fare, but good luck Smile

Yeah sorry, I actually have them, I just remembered lol
    And I plan on using temple gardens as well
    It's on the build of the deck I'm mostly worried...
    I have some hard time finding people to playtest with standard decks, only a friend who runs a Dos Rakis deck
    So it's kinda tough to know how well can it get
    Rest in peace could be good here would shut down the graveyard. Could drop a few enchantments to get more dudes on the field.
    Dipping into blue opens up several very strong cards for you, Particularly in the creature department. Hexproof is very important for this kind aura heavy approach. Invisible Stalker and Geist of Saint Traft being the most notable. Your current list has 8 creature boosting enchantments, but only 6 creatures. 4 of those 6 are easily removed, which is a recipe for disaster.

Detention Sphere is also pretty slick.

You'll want Nevermore in the sideboard to stop Cyclonic Rift and Restoration Angel (blinking the Thragtusk you have pacified is a real beating) and whatever else

Finally, a single Moorland Haunt can allow you a bit of late game reach and a target for your Auras after sweepers like Supreme Verdict clear the board.
    Personally i run a GWU enchantment deck that mills instead of playing creatures. Counters are a problem as is direct damage. Rest in peace is nice because it's an extra enchantment and blows up quite a few decks in the current meta.

For your deck, dipping into blue means out goes fencing ace, in comes invisible stalker and geist... Also a 1 of bruna is fun if she can stay online for an attack. I'd drop soul tithe for spectral flight if you do that though and drop ranger's guile for either card draw, RiP's or nevermore's or maybe even some charms... both azorius and selesnya have their worth.
    Last edited by reizendfalke: 11/13/2012 11:12:40 AM
    Quote from EggShen
    Dipping into blue opens up several very strong cards for you, Particularly in the creature department. Hexproof is very important for this kind aura heavy approach. Invisible Stalker and Geist of Saint Traft being the most notable. Your current list has 8 creature boosting enchantments, but only 6 creatures. 4 of those 6 are easily removed, which is a recipe for disaster.

Detention Sphere is also pretty slick.

You'll want Nevermore in the sideboard to stop Cyclonic Rift and Restoration Angel (blinking the Thragtusk you have pacified is a real beating) and whatever else

Finally, a single Moorland Haunt can allow you a bit of late game reach and a target for your Auras after sweepers like Supreme Verdict clear the board.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm thinking a way to apply them, should I play three colors then? Using Hallowed Fountain perhaps?
    The geist is too expensive for me right now, but I can use invisible stalkers and detention spheres.
    Nevermore is already a sideboard plan (:
    And I liked very much that singleton Moorland Haunt, since while enchanted by the abundant growth, doesn't mana screw me.
    Is RiP better in MD then?
    Quote from reizendfalke
    Personally i run a GWU enchantment deck that mills instead of playing creatures. Counters are a problem as is direct damage. Rest in peace is nice because it's an extra enchantment and blows up quite a few decks in the current meta.

For your deck, dipping into blue means out goes fencing ace, in comes invisible stalker and geist... Also a 1 of bruna is fun if she can stay online for an attack. I'd drop soul tithe for spectral flight if you do that though and drop ranger's guile for either card draw, RiP's or nevermore's or maybe even some charms... both azorius and selesnya have their worth.

And out of curiosity... what do you run for milling? Chronic Flooding? Increasing confusion?
    Stuffy doll + inquisitor's flail + rancor an ethereal armor is awesome, and is currently in my enchanents list. They block a 5/5 stuffy doll and deal it 6 damage, they will get dealt 12 damage. Tey let it through, it deals 10 damage. Paired with silverblade, damage dealt is doubled again.

Blue gives us invisible stalker, one of the best beaters in this sitch. I second oblivion sphere
    ~
    Nothing but the rain...
    Quote from Planeshifter
    And out of curiosity... what do you run for milling? Chronic Flooding? Increasing confusion?

2 Jace and 2 Curse of the bloody tome.

Once i get the second sphere out i don't fear their creatures. Once they realize I'm not attacking they can wait to tap mana and flooding can be played around/tapped around.
    Last edited by reizendfalke: 11/13/2012 1:58:13 PM
    Planeshifter's DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
    // CREATURES
    4 Invisible Stalker
    2 Fencing Ace (I still like the idea of 14 trampling damage potentially on turn 4)
    2 Sigarda, Host of Herons

//ENCHANTMENTS
    4 Abundant Growth
    4 Oblivion Ring
    3 Detention Sphere
    4 Ethereal Armor
    4 Rancor
    2 Mana Bloom (for a turn 4 safety)
    4 Sphere of Safety

// INSTANTS
    4 Fog

// LANDS
    4 Hallowed Fountain
    4 Sunpetal Grove
    4 Temple Garden
    4 Hinterland Harbor
    2 Glacial Fortress
    3 Forest
    1 Plains
    1 Moorland Haunt

So... without SB this is my idea on the list after the suggestions, I liked the milling path, but I prefer creatures in the list. Those Hinterland Harbor won't be making the cut due to them being expensive and not reusable for me...(in opposition to the simic shockland) Did it get better? Is 8 Creatures enough? I though of putting some creatures in the sideboard...
    Thanks for the replies so far.
    Last edited by Planeshifter: 11/14/2012 2:16:34 PM
    Quote from ChallengeFate
    Stuffy doll + inquisitor's flail + rancor an ethereal armor is awesome, and is currently in my enchanents list. They block a 5/5 stuffy doll and deal it 6 damage, they will get dealt 12 damage. Tey let it through, it deals 10 damage. Paired with silverblade, damage dealt is doubled again.

Blue gives us invisible stalker, one of the best beaters in this sitch. I second oblivion sphere

I liked the 'combo' with stuffy doll, and I even have a couple with me, but where I'm going to play, there's multiple players playing angel of serenity and exiling gimmicks making hard to play it, keep it, enchant it and attack with it in those turns where we're at 5+ mana
    I run a similar enchantment deck, but W/U. Another decent enchantment is Arrest. The plan for my deck is get a couple sphere's on the field and mill (with Jace, Memory Adept, And Curse of the Bloody Tome) Or go under them with Invisible Stalker And Ethereal Armor.
    Blue is better in the deck. Invisible Stalker & Geist of Saint Traft have a hell of a lot of fun with Spectral Flight.

Detention Sphere should be an auto for of to, I would imagine.

While obviously you want to play on defense, Spec Flight on Geist is probably the best win condition available.
    Modern
    white mana Soul Sisters white mana
    white mana Boros red mana

Standard
    green mana Selesnya Middle Child white mana
    white mana Boros Sligh red mana

I collect Porcelain Legionnaire, current count of 18. Really want some foils...
    Quote from Planeshifter
    Yeah sorry, I actually have them, I just remembered lol
    And I plan on using temple gardens as well
    It's on the build of the deck I'm mostly worried...
    I have some hard time finding people to playtest with standard decks, only a friend who runs a Dos Rakis deck
    So it's kinda tough to know how well can it get

I will refer you to Cockatrice, it is an invaluable tool in testing standard decks. If you dont feel like purchasing the cards before playing either on MTGO or paper. I use it to tweak a deck before I buy it and bring it to my LGS. Just a suggestion though.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vici" - Gaius Julius Caesar

"No color is OP, you just have to not suck at yours." - Manki

STANDARD

EDH

G Omnath, Locus of Mana G
    is there a cheaper card similar to geist? im running a similar deck but i cant really afford two or three 35 dollar cards
    Mana base looks a lot better!! Instead of fog maybe azorious charm? The azorious charm I would think could be better than the fog because if they have some big creature you can then put it on the top of their deck, making them have to recast him and lose a draw. You were also talking about swinging for 14 damage with fencing ace. With azorious charm you can now give that fencing ace lifelink for when he swings big;)
    Why has no one mentioned Martial Law, or Security Blockade?
    Being able to detain a creature every turn seems really good. And security blockade, bringing up your enchantment count, giving you a dude, and slowing down some clocks? Seems like a lot of work for one card.

I've been thinking of a similar idea for some time, and these seem to be almost auto-includes of some capacity. I was definitely thinking in different colors though, Esper I think would be good.

Underworld Connections seems like it fits well, more enchantment and draw, as well as a couple Curse of Deaths Hold, if you go into these colors, heck, even Stab Wound is almost playable if you are going for a life-loss win con (I think the Esper opens up milling very nicely though).

I hate how awesome the new Jace is, because it can really be annoying in the control matchup if you are trying to mill with a Memory Adept, but Increasing confusion can be very good, especially in a stall-y kind of deck. My Local shop still plays extended, and I was playing a Turbo fog deck, and found increasing confusion to be a house.
    Last edited by RR3Rhoads: 11/26/2012 3:57:31 PM
    I just made a enhantment deck earlier today.

E17's DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
    3x Abundant Growth
    4x Burden of Guilt
    4x Mana Bloom
    4x Pacifism
    4x Oblivion Ring
    4x Security Blockade
    4x Sphere of Safety
    3x Parallel Lives
    1x Growing Ranks
    4x Selesyna Keyrune
    1x Elixir of Immortality

4x Grove of the Guardian
    2x Rogue's Passage
    18 lands

Win condition is Grove of the Guardian token. Wait until you have either Parallel Lives or Growing Ranks before you sac the land.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes