Wondering what people thought of the general viability of a list similar to this. The mana base is fairly rough and I can imagine plenty of matchups where you would be behind in game one, but most control decks are.
Is this more viable than an esper build? I don't know, but I feel Zealous Conscripts is going to be really solid in this metagame and I think control is a pretty good home for it.
Things I like:
- Every creature has strong synergy with flicker creating so many seperate strong plays (recast batterskull for 1, reflash snapcaster, perma-steal with conscripts, change dungeon geist targets, or just 3 dmg with inferno).
- Almost every spell is good for snapcaster
- Good mix of spot removal/sweepers/counters
Things I don't like
- The mana base
- Not enough finishing power againt some decks (though it should be considerably better after boarding)
- A lot of one-of and two-of's without a ton of digging
- Gideon Jura Without testing I'm not sure how viable it will be. Another inferno titan/frost titan/batterskull may be better.
- Faithless Looting I just don't think the deck would benefit much from pitching cards, though it does let you look two cards deep for 1 mana at instant speed. Maybe cut these for ponder or gitaxian probe?
- Tamiyo, the Moon Sage Just want to play with her, not sure if she's that good here or not.
Mainly wondering what people who have run something similar's opinions are of the deck (or why you decided not to), how you dealt with the manabase, how you ran and what matchups were bad, what your list was, how viable you think a tweaked deck in these colors is in the metagame, etc.
Thanks for any feedback
P.S. I put very little thought into the sideboard, so I just didn't include it.