Affinity or Robots?

Poll: Affinity or Robots?

Affinity or Robots? - Single Choice

• Affinity 69.8%
  • Robots 19%
  • I don't care 9.3%
  • Other (please post) 2%
    I always preferred Affinity because it shows the decks roots and where it came from.

What about you guys? What are you calling it and why?
    I would call it Metalcraft before I call it robot. I still run a few affinity cards and I prefer that name. Sounds better.
    To me it's totally unrelevant. It's just a name and both names fit well.
    i choose robots cause the deck is not affinity any more, but it inherits many things from the original affinity.

i usually call it robots-affinity as there once was ravager-affinity.
    It's Affinity.

Thanks to Heroes of the Plane Studios for the amazing sig.

NO RUG: Primer
    Tempo Thresh: Primer

Quote from Tormod
    Modern could never replace Legacy.

The formats are completely different. Its like saying unicycles will replace airplanes.
    I call it Affinity. It sounds better, plus it perfectly describes my affinity for artifacts.
    "Robots" sounds bad to me, Affinity can still play cards with affinity, and the blue affinity lists I've been seeing more of lately do. (Thoughtcast)
    Get them all in Japanese and then you can call them Anime Robots!

Part of Team More Fun, now with 100% less clothes!

Streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/dolzero

Burn

WG Hatebears
    Kiki Pod
    Esper Deathblade
    Quote from Drekavac
    If Jesus was a card he would be banned in Modern, just on principal.

This is spam t_c

Quote from Lantern »
    Moderns the middle child. Legacy is the eldest, and standard is the baby. And vintage is a grand pa, who's going senile.

Quote from MemoryLapse
    Not really too much to say about it. The guy is good, has a great deck and I played like the awful scrub I am.

I call it Affinity, but I don't mind some people calling it Robots or artifact aggro.
    Affinity is just a good name and a great word...it's the heritage of the deck. Admittedly we're not shifting skullclamp around with disciple of the vault (shocker - the main engine of the broken deck wasn't 'affinity' per say) but Cranial Plating still feels pretty unfair at times.

Robots and Artifact Aggro before it (seriously yuck) are just dull names.

Regardless though, it should be mandatory to crack lines like 'autobots, roll out' every time you swing in with a group of the loveable little 'droids. Unless someone tries to get Autobots to be the next name. Or Androids. Leave it be.
    Pfffffft. It's Affinity. I heard people talking about Robots and thought there was some crazy new deck running around.
    Legacy:
    :symg::symw::symr: Enchantress
    :symw::symw: Death & Taxes
    :symb::symu::xmana: Tezz Affinity
    Affinity says all it needs to say about the deck, regardless of whether or not it's the deck's core mechanic.
    Affinity.

I write for Channel Fireball now! Read my CFB articles here. Read my Dies to Removal articles here. Read the definitive Red Deck Wins Primer here.

Want to see me in action? Check out my stream! Currently broadcasting Boros Burn in Standard. Full archive available.

Want to play better magic? Come join us at diestoremoval.com
    Definitely Affinity,
    It is part of the deck's history no?
    BUW
    ''Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories. ''

-Sun Tzu
    WUB

PLAYING MODERN:
    URSTORMRU + BUMODERN MILLWU + U AFFINITYU
    GWAURAWG + UWRWAFORWU + RBBURNBR + RGOBLINS!R + GWHATEBEARWG

Generation 17: First time you see this, change the number up 1 and copy into sig. It's a social experiment.
    Robots sounds cooler. It sounds a lot more manly than "affinity." Metalcraft is... boring. It sounds like a new popular MMORPG.

The only problem with using the term "robots" is that, especially in pauper, there aren't too many robots in my deck. I think I'm only using Frogmite and Myr Enfoforcer at the moment.

Quote from Zambrah
    Affinity says all it needs to say about the deck, regardless of whether or not it's the deck's core mechanic.

But it doesn't sound cool! It sounds meh.
    Quote from Rywads
    Robots sounds cooler. It sounds a lot more manly than "affinity." Metalcraft is... boring. It sounds like a new popular MMORPG.

The only problem with using the term "robots" is that, especially in pauper, there aren't too many robots in my deck. I think I'm only using Frogmite and Myr Enfoforcer at the moment.

But it doesn't sound cool! It sounds meh.

In your head though, just say "Affinity." It comes out in Tezzeret's voice doesn't it? Deep and manly, but a little raspy, a voice that causes fear in the hearts of the opposition.

Now say "Robots." It sounded like a small child looking through some Robot toys at Wal-Mart didn't it? A voice that does not inspire fear, but relief in the hearts of those once fear stricken by the thought of the deck!

Affinity sounds so boss. ;-P
    I prefer the name Battlebots. Smile
    I prefer affinity. Sure the deck isn't the old affinity, but it's like the deck is named after its bad-ass grandpa.
    Currently playing:
    Standard: N/A
    Modern: AffinityWR, Delver WUR
    Legacy: High TideU, ZombiesWBRG, 12post UG, Delver UR
    currently my deck has only one affinity card, two metalcraft cards, about 50+ artifacts ....

i either just say Tempered Steel ... or 'this is my artifact deck' ... eh ... most in my area here artifacts and say affinity though ... or ask if it has the Urza lands in it ... so they can call it Tron ...

though i guess since a fair amount of my wins come from inkmoth nexus + tempered steel + Cranial Plating .. i should just call it my Infect deck ...
    Robots is more appropriate, but Affinity will always be it's name
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes