Blue Artifact Deck

Hello all,

Let me preface this by informing you I only really play for fun. I used to play Magic back around Mirrodin and recently returned to it. I'm looking over some of my older decks and cringing. I'd like to revamp them and include more modern cards but still keep the overall "flavor" of the deck the same. Now, the deck...

Autoxidation's DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
    Creatures (24):
    4 Arcbound Crusher
    2 Arcbound Overseer
    2 Arcbound Reclaimer
    4 Arcbound Stinger
    4 Arcbound Worker
    4 Etherium Sculptor
    4 Steel Overseer

Artifacts (13):
    2 Darksteel Forge
    4 Semblance Anvil
    4 Cranial Plating
    1 Loxodon Warhammer
    1 Surestrike Trident
    1 Whispersilk Cloak

Enchantment (4):
    2 Inexorable Tide
    2 Telepathy

Instant (16):
    4 Boomerang
    4 Mana Leak
    2 Thirst for Knowledge
    2 Echoing Truth
    2 Override
    2 Rewind

Land (30):
    26 Island
    4 Darksteel Citadel

Just of the deck: Drop artifacts, lower the cost of artifacts and creatures, pump up an Arcbound Crusher or another artifact and walk over the enemy. Prevent them from messing with my set up with controls via Boomerang and Mana Leak.

Some cards I am considering adding:
    Contagion Clasp
    Contagion Engine
    Everflowing Chalice
    Mirrorworks
    Thirst for Knowledge
    Thoughtcast

I feel like I am a bit lopsided with my card allocation (24 creatures, 33 noncreature spells, and 30 lands) and I would like some advice on balancing that out. What would you recommend to remove, replace, or add to the deck, without killing the theme? What would compliment this style of deck?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Autoxidation: 2/20/2012 2:17:15 PM
    well, if you want this to be modern-legal, you'll have to dump counterspell and rhystic study.

I guess if you need a hard counter, you have enough creatures to play familiar's ruse, which would be fine with creatures that have ETB effects. And you need some cheaper counters like spell pierce, mana leak, spell snare, maybe dispel in the side. Thirst looks fine here, as does thought cast. The curve is a bit... weird. I think you'd need more ramp (like springleaf drum, mox opal, etc). Everflowing chalice? I dunno, you run enough proliferate that it COULD be good, but it seems too weak otherwise. Mirrorworks is too slow unless you god draw sculptor + anvil + business to use it on that would end the game, though I guess you could ditch it to thirst. In a deck like this, I'd pay attention to what each piece can do on it's own, since you won't be tutoring for any of it.

But oh yeah, Fabricate would be as close as you could get =\ And if you run that, I'd also run some good artifact-based hosers maybe engineered explosives, tormod's crypt, etc.

Also might as well Tezzeret the Seeker to abuse the proliferate and chalice and put monsters into play, and/or splash black for tezzeret, agent of bolas and try to get some CA out of the deal and stay ahead while turning things sideways. First one works with the idea of 1ofs in explosives and crypt and chalice of the void too, along with fabricate. I dunno, just spitballin.

In any case, good luck.
    "It's like Time Walk and Stone Rain had sex (and Lava Dart watched)" - Pinder, on stifled fetchlands.
    http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/
    Quote from Blitz Reloaded
    well, if you want this to be modern-legal, you'll have to dump counterspell and rhystic study.

Thanks! I had missed those in my initial sweep. I have edited my original deck and replaced Counterspell with Mana Leak.

The curve is a bit... weird. I think you'd need more ramp (like springleaf drum, mox opal, etc). Everflowing chalice? I dunno, you run enough proliferate that it COULD be good, but it seems too weak otherwise. Mirrorworks is too slow unless you god draw sculptor + anvil + business to use it on that would end the game, though I guess you could ditch it to thirst. In a deck like this, I'd pay attention to what each piece can do on it's own, since you won't be tutoring for any of it.

Tutoring...? From what I understand, Anvil and Etherium Sculptor both reduce the total cost of the spell. With Everflowing Chalice, I would essentially get multikicks for free depending on how many Anvils/Sculptors I have on the field. On top of that, it benefits from Proliferate. It just kind of made sense to add it but I wanted second opinions.

But oh yeah, Fabricate would be as close as you could get =\ And if you run that, I'd also run some good artifact-based hosers maybe engineered explosives, tormod's crypt, etc.

Also might as well Tezzeret the Seeker to abuse the proliferate and chalice and put monsters into play, and/or splash black for tezzeret, agent of bolas and try to get some CA out of the deal and stay ahead while turning things sideways. First one works with the idea of 1ofs in explosives and crypt and chalice of the void too, along with fabricate. I dunno, just spitballin.

In any case, good luck.

I'll give those cards some thought. I'll have to make room for a few of those, since I generally want to stay around 90 cards.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes