Do People Play Pauper Outside of Tournaments Online?

I'm looking to get some cheap, casual/semi-casual play against people. Unfortunately, my life situation just isn't working for paper play (try as I have been lately). My situation is one that I would basically like to play one or two games every few days, and I don't need the cards to be bomby rares. Pauper-style decks would be perfectly fine with me. I don't have time to play tournaments, and I have no desire to spend a lot of money on the game.

Do you think I could meet those needs playing pauper outside of tournaments online?
    Sure. I basically play only in the Tourney Practice room (and sometimes "Just for Fun" if I'm playing a less tuned deck); you generally don't have to wait more than 5 minutes for an opponent, at least during the evening hours in the US. I understand that the daily events and 2-man queues are more competitive, but I don't find the practice room to be boring, and you see more random rogue decks that way too.
    Awesome. Thanks!
    Yeah, I'm pretty much a tourny practice room player, too. I have a feeling a lot of people play primarily this way, mainly because it takes such a huge chunk of time to play in a daily and it's hard to make a decent return in the 2-mans. Plus you don't feel bad playing some janky pile that you just threw together. Long live Zuberas!
    my friend tourney practices too. he has mono black, and because he can run hymn to tourach, his deck is a lot stronger on paper than online.
    Quote from soramaro
    Yeah, Magic2014 really is underwhelming ... just like Dragon's Maze, Gatecrash, Return to Ravnica, Avacyn Restores, Dark Ascension, Innistrad, New Phyrexia, Mirrodin Besieged, Scars of Mirrodin and all sets before those. Rolleyes
    Get over it, it's just a children's card game.

Thanks Argentleman;)
    :simic::dimir::golgari:mimeoplasm dredge/millGUB
    :rakdos::dimir::izzet: Nekusar Control painwheel RUB
    :simic::gruul::izzet: intet the dreamerURG
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes