MTGO Library Wiki down?

I've noticed that I can no longer access the Price Wiki on MTGO Library's website...They said on Feb. 13th that it would be down for the day for maintenance, but it hasn't work at all for me since last weekend (Takes me to a page that says Not Found). Is anyone else having this problem?

If it is down, where can I check multiple modo bot prices for cards without checking each bot individually?

Thanks
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man."

"Stylin' and Profilin', Limo Ridin', and Jet Flyin'!"
    Here is the official line I got from them when I emailed them

"Hello,

we shut wikiprice down for maintenance - it will stay down for another 7-8 days.
    We are taking the chance to implement a couple of new features. Don't worry - you will be able to use wikiprice again very soon

Sincerely,
    Albert

That was earlier today. So it will be down for a few days Frown
    "Now I am not saying we should kill all the stupid people, I am just saying we should remove all the warning labels off the bottles and let the problem work itself out."

LandLords Land Donation Thread
    I will accept any number of free basic lands on MTGO PM LandLord to get rid of them! Donate today and be part of the project!
    That's unfortunate...I can't complain though, it is an awesome tool they offer for free!

Thanks for the input.

I never realized how much I used it until it was gone Frown
    "Now I am not saying we should kill all the stupid people, I am just saying we should remove all the warning labels off the bottles and let the problem work itself out."

I will accept any number of free basic lands on MTGO PM LandLord to get rid of them! Donate today and be part of the project!
    Quote from LandLord
    I never realized how much I used it until it was gone Frown

This exactly, I keep coming back to check and see if its up, but alas its been down for days, hopefully the new version is even better.
    Yeah. It's a bit of a nuisance. I don't do much trading w/o it when on MTGO. Muh

Hopefully it'll be up again soon!
    Quote from LandLord
    Here is the official line I got from them when I emailed them

"Hello,

we shut wikiprice down for maintenance - it will stay down for another 7-8 days.
    We are taking the chance to implement a couple of new features. Don't worry - you will be able to use wikiprice again very soon

Sincerely,
    Albert

That was earlier today. So it will be down for a few days Frown

Sent them a email about the same thing 2 days ago and they sent me the exact message back to me. If you got yours today and i got mine 2 days ago but both messages say 7 to 8 days Frown
    hmmm we might be waiting longer then that im thinking now.
    EU magic site for buying cards
    http://www.magiccardmarket.eu/ Referral me muppetkiller or my wife missmuppetkiller if you do sign up Smile
    Quote from Muppetkiller
    Sent them a email about the same thing 2 days ago and they sent me the exact message back to me. If you got yours today and i got mine 2 days ago but both messages say 7 to 8 days Frown

This makes me a sad panda Frown

Quote from Muppetkiller

Perhaps it means the wait will be shorter? I mean, if it's an auto-reply that hasn't been changed in a few days, those 8 days could be just 4-5, no? Shrugs
    Library being down just shows how awful the MTGO buy/sell interface is. What a nightmare to use. GL tracking down an obscure card at a decent price. Hopefully they fix this in the future version of MTGO.
    Quote from Slone
    Library being down just shows how awful the MTGO buy/sell interface is. What a nightmare to use. GL tracking down an obscure card at a decent price. Hopefully they fix this in the future version of MTGO.

I know what you mean. I've been looking for a foil Planeshift rare for a month now.
    It's not enough to feel the lack.

~ Ribs, Lorde ~
    They should use the wow auction house style. Be so so much easyer for us all to find cards at good prices.
    http://www.magiccardmarket.eu/ Referral me muppetkiller or my wife missmuppetkiller if you do sign up Smile
    How often do they usually update it? From my experience everything is months out of date so the prices are always wrong and no one has them in stock like they say.
    Minecraft Channel ----> Youtube.Com/User/N320S
    Quote from TempestEye
    Magic Online is a great way to play Magic. Paper magic is a great way to socialize. That's the difference.
    Accepting MTGO Freebies Commons Want/Wishlist
    Quote from Neros64
    How often do they usually update it? From my experience everything is months out of date so the prices are always wrong and no one has them in stock like they say.

I've never once had this problem, except sometimes the stock shown will be +- a card or two once you get to the bot. Prices were always spot on, though.

Apparently the WikiPrice will be back Thursday of this week.
    Quote from Neros64

Often if a bot is advertising a price that is obviously way too low then that bot either doesn't really exist or isn't in sync with the Library; this is a lot less of a problem now than it used to be.
    Wierdly enough Marlon's pricing tool hasn't worked for me for a couple of days as well.
    Quote from Weekend Warrior
    Wierdly enough Marlon's pricing tool hasn't worked for me for a couple of days as well.

Maybe they base their prices on Wikiprice. Grin
    That wouldn't actually surprise me...
    Just an FYI, the wiki is back up, but it's at a different URL than previously:

http://mtgowikiprice.serverlet.com/wiki.php

So if you had the old one bookmarked, change it to this one. =)

Dear moderators, I hope this link isn't cut and I am in no way associated with that site.
    Quote from MMogg
    Just an FYI, the wiki is back up, but it's at a different URL than previously:

http://mtgowikiprice.serverlet.com/wiki.php

So if you had the old one bookmarked, change it to this one. =)

Dear moderators, I hope this link isn't cut and I am in no way associated with that site.

Thanks for that
    Looks like the wiki is down again. Well, did that even last 24 hours this time?
    Quote from LandBoySteve

Here is the reality.

John Doe needs a Wurmcoil. The store owner is selling them for $15. But John Smith has one for trade. He trades his Wurmcoil for a Bladehold that the store owner sells for $20. That's $35 in income that the store owner lost. Now, multiply that by the 30 or so people that play at the LGS and you can see how much money he loses in an evening.
    *sigh* Yet again it's down. As much as I feel bad for the people shopping (c'est moi), I feel bad for the people who bought the software and run the bots. When the wiki is down, I just don't buy from bots that use MTGO Library because it's just a needle-in-a-haystack waste of time. The wiki down is bad for everyone and unfortunately, they never leave an updated message as to when it will be back up.
    Quote from MMogg
    *sigh* Yet again it's down. As much as I feel bad for the people shopping (c'est moi), I feel bad for the people who bought the software and run the bots. When the wiki is down, I just don't buy from bots that use MTGO Library because it's just a needle-in-a-haystack waste of time. The wiki down is bad for everyone and unfortunately, they never leave an updated message as to when it will be back up.

Their software that runs this program must be very badly programed thats its down more then its up.

I hate using the add's section in the classified to look for my cards as its just a big waste of time.
    Quote from Muppetkiller
    Their software that runs this program must be very badly programed thats its down more then its up.

I hate using the add's section in the classified to look for my cards as its just a big waste of time.

Agreed. I know they recently changed things over there and are probably experiencing difficulties due to the change, but still it's frustrating to have it down for days at a time. Personally, I use it for buying foils, which not every bot has, so yeah, the classifieds are even more worthless to me.
    Well, I think the reason they took it down before was because it was interfering with the speed of the bots (there was speculation that someone had created a program to CRAWL the prices constantly for key cards; which may have been overloading the wikiprice). So, the solution was to put it on it's own server (serverlet).... Problem is - that server seems to be crap and is almost always down!

Hopefully they fix it. I too buy mostly foil's and when the 3-4 big name foil bots don't have what im looking for - (and since wiki price doesn't work) im reduced to advertising in the classified section (which if you advertise that you're looking for something long enough - you can normally find it).

I really don't understand why some of the big name bots aren't better stocked in foils. The market is very big for the key cards.
    Last edited by MedRage: 3/9/2012 11:28:19 AM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes