What is the worst card you needed to make your deck work?

For me the worst card I needed to make the deck work would be Armored Cancrix. When it was spoiled I thought I would never play it, but later I found out that sometimes I just need that big blue blocker. Similarly next set I played often with Amphin Cutthroat. It is not that I picked them highly, but I often played them over other stuff, just to stall the ground, while I had some power in the air.
    I can't say the same about Pillarfield Ox. Although it has the same stats as Amphin Cuttroat, the ox is always bad and I never needed it. White has simply better alternatives.

What are the bad cards you don't mind playing?
    Doesn't Goyf satisfy you any longer?
    Do you want more value for your 1G?
    Get your Bosk Bannerets today!

Modern Shamanism Primer
    voidwalk in GTC sealed and draft if i have a mill deck. helps with the sage row triggers.
    Quote from soramaro
    Yeah, Magic2014 really is underwhelming ... just like Dragon's Maze, Gatecrash, Return to Ravnica, Avacyn Restores, Dark Ascension, Innistrad, New Phyrexia, Mirrodin Besieged, Scars of Mirrodin and all sets before those. Rolleyes
    Get over it, it's just a children's card game.

Thanks Argentleman;)
    :simic::dimir::golgari:mimeoplasm dredge/millGUB
    :rakdos::dimir::izzet: Nekusar Control painwheel RUB
    :simic::gruul::izzet: intet the dreamerURG
    Quote from pizzap
    For me the worst card I needed to make the deck work would be Armored Cancrix. When it was spoiled I thought I would never play it, but later I found out that sometimes I just need that big blue blocker. Similarly next set I played often with Amphin Cutthroat. It is not that I picked them highly, but I often played them over other stuff, just to stall the ground, while I had some power in the air.
    I can't say the same about Pillarfield Ox. Although it has the same stats as Amphin Cuttroat, the ox is always bad and I never needed it. White has simply better alternatives.

What are the bad cards you don't mind playing?

I played two warclamp mastiff in an extremely aggressive WB exalted deck with a bunch of auras. I needed more bodies to slam auras on and cheap guys to attack w/triggers. It went OK - I think I 4-0ed the sealed M13 daily with them, so warclamp and I are officially friends for life!

Rotted hystrix also made some maindeck appearances, much for the same reason that you mention cancrix. Sometimes you need a sir-mix-a-lot special.
    Last edited by urafever: 4/24/2013 6:43:15 PM
    Official Sacred Wolf of [Limited]

*DCI Rules Advisor*

Quote from Puddlejumper
    I don't anyone's really explored the potential of monowhite Jund, but it could be amazing.
    Corpse Blockade and Gutter Skulk aren't necessarily "bad", but I've taken them shockingly high in packs 2 or 3 when I knew I needed them and didn't have a better option. I've also gotten Beckon Apparition to do some surprisingly good work in a UB deck with a bunch of cipher cards.

I've been a big fan of Horned Turtle and all of its variants in the vast majority of formats since M11, when I'd basically force horned turtle decks. 1/4s for 3 and I are good friends.
    Slate Street Ruffian makes my decks far too often.
    Tormented Soul
    magicmerls ~440 card powered cube, 180 card Winston stack, guild precons and girly pics

let me state something - the things I tell you will not be wrong. It is you who will be wrong if you try arguing with me.
    One of the worst that comes to mind is Serpent of the Endless Sea from M10 draft. Ugh.
    MTG Rules Advisor

JAMMIT DIM! I'm a DOCTOR not a DECKBUILDER!
    Worst I can think of is Thought Scour. But I think even Ben Stark used that in GTC Pro Tour. Sad. Maybe a RTR island, because according to everyone at my LGS, basic lands are a thing of the past.
    "I am a noob in standard because I only own 15 shock lands."
    And if we ever used a basic, only Zendikars, Unhinged, and Unglued will suffice.
    "I am a noob in standard because I only own 15 shock lands."
    During the prerelease I milled a couple of opponents with Chronic Flooding, in conjunction with Hidden Strings and Ral Zarek.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes