This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

[Deck] Bant

My changes to the deck:
Mainboard:
-Tarmogoyf +1 Stoneforge -1 Sword of Feast and Famine -1 Umezawa's Jitte +1 Sword of Body and Mind +1 Batterskull

Sideboard:
-1 Umezawa's Jitte +1 Sword of Feast and Famine

I didn't change a lot of things, but I think they're big changes. As you know, stoneforge is now one of the best creatures even in legacy. Comboed with batterskull, it is really hard to beat. Batterskull, when played, is very hard to beat. Tarmogoyf, even though a great creature and can be tutored out with green sun's zenith, our key tutoring spell, I don't think it fits in here. I'd rather play a stoneforge turn 2. There aren't many cards that go to the graveyard so it's actually not that good in this deck. Green Sun's Zenith gets shuffled back into the deck and creatures get removed from the game by Swords to Plowshares. Lands and instants are the cards that go to the graveyard on a consistent basis. I chose sword of body and mind over sword of feast and famine in mainboard for many things. First, the protection. Protection from blue and green is better than protection from black and green. Green is off course great as it can go through/block creature's like tarmogoyf, which is important. Both swords have pro green. the difference in protection are pro blue and pro black. As I am mostly an aggro deck that fights with creatures I usually don't want the opponent's creature to bother me. Lets look at the blue creatures that you usually see in the top 8:
Vedillion Clique
Sower of Temptation (can really mess with you)
The Merfolk creatures

Now black:
Dark Confidant
Tombstalker

The only creature from black that is an actual threat is tombstalker. Dark Confidant isn't a threat at all to you, but a threat to themselves. While it does give you a great amount of card advantage, it barely has any board presence and makes them lose a ton of life, which is quickly dwindling away by your creatures anyway. Blue, on the other hand, has many threats. Merfolk is one of them. You usually beat merfolk constantly, but when they get a gond hand with nut draws it's actually kind of hard to beat them. Pro blue just shuts them down. Knight of Reliquary + sword of body and mind is usually a 2-3 turn clock against them. vedilion clique is more feared by it's ability which pro blue (or pro blac) can do anything about but it's flying 3/1 body can actually be pretty threating at times. Pro blue stops that. Now sower of temptation is just devastating at times. While being a 2/2 flying body it can take one of your creatures. Brutal. Pro blue stops that. Spell wise I will admit that pro black is better than pro blue as the only blue spells that i see are usually counters draw, bounce (which is actually very good) and sometimes the mind control enchatments. Black has the kill spells. But, looking at many top 8 deck that play black only play go for the throat or smother, which I usually only see as a one of (which is also why I have sword of feast and famine in the siedboard anyways). The best part of pro blue? It can't be jace bounced. kill spells last once. jace bounce can happen all day long, which just messes with my tempo pretty bad. I don't know which sword's ability are better though. the discard is great for disruption, but mill ten is usually better IMO unless your up against dredge or animator. the untap lands is good as it makes it easier to hold mana for your counter spells and batterskull but you only have 6 counters and you usually have enough mana for the counter spells. Oh, and you don't have to worry about 3 of the counter spells as they are usually free. Now the 2/2 body isn't something to laugh at. It gives you another body to attack with, or a creature to reequip the sword of body and mind to to block your opponent's creatures with; so you can carelessly swing with an equipped knight of reliquary and then reequip the sword to the wolf to block a merfolk for example.

Now the biggest thing is taking out the jittes altogether. I seriously just think that batterskull and the swords are just better, mainboard or sideboard. The only time jitte is better than the swords is against goblins, which you usually beat anyways and have batterskull to deal with those pesky goblins.

Anyways this a great deck so I suggest to try it out and see for yourself how strong the deck is! Please tell me what you think of the deck and how to make it better!

The things I am trying to do is squeeze in mirran crusaders and maybe 1 academy ruin to the deck. Mirran crusader is a beast (especially against BUG) and fit's perfectly into the deck. Problem: the deck is pretty tight so i don't know what to take out. Even worse, it can't be tutored out by green sun's and I don't want to delude the power of green sun's, which i forgot to mention is really powerful in the deck. I still believe mirran crusader should really be in the deck. I thought 1 academy ruin might be nice as you don't want your swords or batterskull to get destroyed by a krosan grip and not be able to get it back. Even better you can fetch it with knight of reliquary. the problem is that like I said, the deck is pretty tight, especially the lands. Even worse it only produces colorless mana, which can easily mana screw you. Thoughts?