BANNING GRINDSTONE!

I personally think they should ban grindstone. After the release of painters servant millstone became a instant win with painters servant out my buddy plays this deck mullies till her has like a force of will painters servent and or grind stone in his hand then bam turn three you have no more deck ! you try to counter it or play a pithing needle and he just forces it its extreamly hard to stop and grossly over powered.:o
    Last edited by WrathofRob: 9/7/2009 9:03:31 AM
    Sorry but dont you mean grindstone
    [B][SIZE="3"]Nothing here yet
    Really? I just beat that deck recently in the tourney. I don't think it's overpowered at all. It's a good deck but it's not broken by any means.
    WrathofRob,

I personally play a Painter deck, and have put it to the wayside for now, because many players can easily beat it. What colors do you play? Each color usually has a way to kill it, which can be seen in a staple of that color.

Most combo decks in Legacy kill turn 3 or better, I dont see why this deck can't do the same.
    :evillol::link:Official Phyrexian Infector of [NYC Dark Knights]Link Evil Lol

Currently Playing:
    Standard:
    U/ Infinite Venser
    Legacy:
    BGW Dark Horizons
    UWB Painter's Stone
    G Combo Elves
    BGU Spanish Inquisition
    Elder Dragon Highlander:
    BGW Karador, Ghost Chieftain
    This is the most absurd whine I've heard in a long time. In case you didn't know, Gaea's Blessing>Grindstone. Taking that into consideration, don't you think we need to ban blessing too?
    Surge, et fortis, et signis
    I saw the title in CAPS, why did I even click it...?

Painter/Stone is an interesting, strong, but not overpowered deck to play with and against. I'd actually like to see a reprint of Grindstone, so the decktype is more accessible for the Legacy crowd.
    GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    Not overp. at all. I have a Belcher. I win on turn 2 usually, turn 1 quite usually and turn 3 sometimes. I play Duresses, so I can disrupt my opponent's disruption as usually as Painter's Stone with their FoW's. You can kill Painter's Stone with a StoP, with a PtE, with any creature removal in the format. Also, you can kill it with any artifact removal in the format. Belcher is not affected by those at all. You need 2 combo pieces to build the combo, if you're playing Painter's Stone. Well, I need as many as I can get, but becouse I can play 52x the other combo piece and 8x the other, I get enough usually.

Sure, Painter's Stone is better in a control metagame, and don't get me wrong - it is a good deck! But, Grindstone doesn't have to be banned.
    dreinal,

Smart Painter players know to pack 2-3x Stifle, or to use Mikokoro, Center of the Sea to cause a win condition with Gaea's Blessing on the stack.

The deck is a solid deck, and can perform well. But there are a number of things that can handle it, including Swords to Plowhares, Path to Exile, Pithing Needle, Krosan Grip (cant be Force of Willed), Lightning Bolt, Snuff Out/Smother/Diabolic Edict, your own counterspells, etc....
    :evillol::link:Official Phyrexian Infector of [NYC Dark Knights]Link Evil Lol

Currently Playing:
    Standard:
    U/ Infinite Venser
    Legacy:
    BGW Dark Horizons
    UWB Painter's Stone
    G Combo Elves
    BGU Spanish Inquisition
    Elder Dragon Highlander:
    BGW Karador, Ghost Chieftain
    ...Really? The combo dies to pithing needle, kgrip, StP, PtE, snuff out, or whatever creature or artifact removal in the format. Hardly needs to be banned it's a solid deck sure but it isn't ban-worthy. If anything LED is closer to being banned than grindstone is as it is far, far more broken than grindstone ever will be.
    "Yawgmoth," Freyalise whispered as she set the bomb, "now you will pay for your treachery."

-Freyalise

Currently Playing:
    Legacy:
    UBWRGAll manner of storm comboGRWBU
    Dark Ritual on The Source and Storm Boards
    Notable finishes:
    Top 16 SCG Kansas City Legacy Open 2012 with Burning ANT
    Top 32 SCG Minneapolis Legacy Open 2012 with Burning ANT
    Quote from WrathofRob
    I personally think they should ban grindstone. After the release of painters servant millstone became a instant win with painters servant out my buddy plays this deck mullies till her has like a force of will painters servent and or grind stone in his hand then bam turn three you have no more deck ! you try to counter it or play a pithing needle and he just forces it its extreamly hard to stop and grossly over powered.:o

Facepalm

thats all there is to say.
    Quote from Sort vand
    Facepalm

thats all there is to say.

Agreed. Thread closed.
    Stop by, or leave me a message on IM if you need something or want to chat.

(Siggy adapted, DarkHunter1357 (deviantART))

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes