NO Elves / Aggro Elves

I don't know the importance for Glimpse Elves but a lot of testing for Aggro Elves brought me to the conclusion that the extra color splashed can screw with your gameplan far too much. I know Mirror Entity is practically an I win button (3 card combo, but still). And really, I found that elves doesn't have that much use for creature removal, especially when it doesn't draw off a messenger.

Here's the creatures we care about

Of these, the ones to play creature removal against would be dreadnought, sharpshooter or pit dragon.

As for dreadnought, grip is better (speaking SB) the other 2 either can be dealt with (they really can) or aren't worth screwing with your engine for. Elves can generally outrace, just about anything. The problem comes when they're being hindered and that's where I believe where the sideboard becomes imporant.

Looking at my sideboard (4 grip, 3 needle, 3 caller, 4 relic 1 gaea's blessing) I do not see any space for creature removal - and I don't need space for it because anything creature based is already a good MU.

Check out the NO Elves Primer!
    'With the cards that are out there right now it is flavorly more common to know a spell that DESTROYS AN ENTIRE PLANE OF EXISTANCE than one that summons a snake that chills near lotus flowers...'

Quote from Naz

Of these, the ones to play creature removal against would be dreadnought, sharpshooter or pit dragon.

Sharpshooter isn't played too often in goblins anymore (really has to be a meta choice for goblins to run him) and even so..you have Imperious and Champion to nullify him.
    Elves can knock out Dread via Zealot/Krosan Grips/enough men.
    The other guys I wouldn't worry about (Emp. Angel being more of a pain in the ass than anything)

Mass removal in the form of Deed and explosives is a bigger threat than the stuff listed.
    That which nourishes me, destroys me
    Former Legacy Mod :: Cube
    Quote from Samyueru

I mean, hell, we're all on a forum for something that most people would describe as a "children's card game"...do what makes you happy. You are never too old to enjoy yourself.
    i have a newb question:

how fast and explosive is this deck, if not interrupted?

Thanks for spiderboy4 of High~Light_Studios for the kick ass avatar.
    Thanks for DarkNightCavalier of HotPS for the exceptional signature.

I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Ideal scenario? Using my build I focussed more on resilence then on explosiveness, you can make a glass cannon elf deck whose aim it is to win turn 2 undisrupted.

Lets see

T1 -> land, Sentinel
    T2 -> cradle Attack with sentinel 18, drop heritage druid, untap, drop quirion ranger/nettle sentinel 1 mana floating, tap everything 4 mana floating throw down a sylvan messenger draw ~2.5 elves, untap quirion ranger and throw down 1 pumper
    T3-> If it was a lord, attack for 12/13, if it was a Tribal forcemage, attack for 17/18 if it was garruk (only possible with two nettle sentinels) attack for 19

That's the heritage route which works with a 1 mana creature, nettle sentinel and heritage druid. If you have two nettle sentinels and a heritage druid together with a sylvan messenger then the sky is the limit as you can just keep going (no need for cradle either).

T1 Land, Llanowar Elves
    T2 Land, Priest of Titania/Rofellos, Quirion Ranger
    T3 Sylvan Messenger/Tribal Forcemage/2 Lords/Garruk (11 mana available)
    T4 Win

You can also have a combination of the above, but with either Heritage Druid or Priest of Titania with atleast one bomb in hand you should be able to get a turn 4 win. Concordant Crossroads usually means that you have one less turn.

'With the cards that are out there right now it is flavorly more common to know a spell that DESTROYS AN ENTIRE PLANE OF EXISTANCE than one that summons a snake that chills near lotus flowers...'

At this moment I am toying with this list:

17 Lands:
    4 Savannah
    4 Windsweapt Heath
    2 Gaea’s Cradle
    7 Forest

43 Creatures
    1cc
    4 Fyndhorn Elves
    4 Llanowar Elves
    4 Quirion Rangeer
    4 Wirewood Symbiote
    2cc
    2 Priest of Titania >> maybe more?
    1 Viridian Zealot >> Or a Viridian Shaman, for symbiote wickedness.
    4 Wren’s Run Vanquisher
    4 Wirewood Herald
    3cc
    1 Mirror Entity
    1 Caller of the Claw >> nice with Wirewood Herald.
    4 Elvish Champion
    4 Imperious Perfect
    4cc
    1 Wren’s Run Packmaster >> for the mana-floods. I like deathtouch.
    4 Sylvan Messenger
    5cc
    1 Deranged Hermit >> Also Symbiote wickedness.

I only splash white for Mirror Entity, though I've toyed with the idea of running maindeck StP's, though I'm not sure if this adds something substantial.

Any suggestions? I haven't played a tournament with it yet, though it works fine in casual games (which is not a criteria, i know) as I used to play with combo elves (glimpse, chord, pact, regal force) but got really bored playing the deck (It wins a lot though, even when the combo fizzles it leaves you with a gigantic board position).
    I'm reluctant about not playing Visionary or even glimpse, though glimpse would require Nettle/Heritage.
    Maybe played too much extended recently..

I'd like to add Elvish Spirit Guides and maybe Tribal Forcemages/Gempalm Strider but am not sure about what to cut..
    Also Visionary is good with symbiote, but maybe not in aggro.

Have a nice day people, and be sure to reply.
    Wasn't there a CIP enchantment removal elf as well? I think that enchantments are more relevant for elves to remove then elves. Though, both hurt, badly. Everything looks good on the list, but I do think not using the heritage engine is old fashioned, both ways work and I've played it your way too elves can be a lot more explosive with heritage druid though.

Wirewood herald is interesting, however, he isn't CA and a loss of tempo. I've played him a fair bit and when mass removal is common in your meta then he's an option.I've learned that sorcery based mass removal isn't the biggest threat for elves though you need to learn to play around that.

I've started to lose games that I wasn't losing before. At some point I used to run viridian zealot mainboard which made me win games against stax type of decks dreadstill and alike. Jitte hurts as well and as I've been playing goblins as of late I'm starting to realize just how much it hurts when Vial is offline, counts for merfolks too. I'm not going back to viridian zealot just yet though, I'm thinking of mainboarding Krosan Grip and have even more redundancy in the sideboard against hate.

Naz's DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
    Creatures 41
    2 Llanowar Elves
    2 Fyndhorn Elves
    4 Priest of Titania
    4 Nettle Sentinel
    2 Quirion Ranger
    4 Heritage Druid
    4 Wren's Run Vanquisher
    4 Sylvan Messenger
    4 Elvish Visionary
    4 Elvish Champion
    4 Imperious Perfect

Utility
    2 Garruk Wildspeaker
    3 Krosan Grip

Landbase
    3 Gaea's Cradle
    10 Forest
    4 Wooded Foothills
    1 Windswept Heath

While this hurts consistency, it offers a lot of good stuff too and I feel that it's ultimatly the best thing for the current meta. The sideboard will have atleast 4 more enchantment hate (not sure which, I'm thinking 2 zealots 1 grip and 1 more I haven't decided on). Anyway, the biggest problems for me right now are:
    (though.. not THAT much, it's still annoying)
    Engineered Explosives (when recurred)
    Pernicious Deed

And then there's ofcourse the occasional

It seems like that's enough reason to start packing mainboard hate against it. And with it the deck probably matured from an all out agressive deck to a more meta adapted deck.

Wirewood Hivemaster caught my attention after a suggestion by leander, who isn't on this forum. It's such a powerful card, most tribes would dream of a card like it. I'm personally not entirely sure yet. Mostly because I prefer Wren's Run Vanquisher over it in most matchups and because 1/1's aren't going to win you the game when they aren't pumped. I haven't had a lot of experience with the card though.

Wolf-Skull Shaman is another card that I frequently see in lists and a lot more interesting for me. But what spot would it take. Also it's slow in the sense that it takes several turns, you usually don't want games to last that long. At the same time, with this card that might change and having it online will make people hesitant on playing standstill against you as it should destroy them. Another card that needs a removal/counter is good I guess.

I'm getting excited about the deck again I almost have it completely foiled up now. I need to start thinking about how my sideboard should change with 3 spots freed up, how much more enchantment hate I need and what the decks secondary weaknesses are so the sideboard can deal with that.

i am running almost the same deck as that^^^

the only difference is i had no garruks and i was running talara's battalions and tribal forcemage.

it was quick enough to not have troubles with almost everything on the list above. krosan grips and viridian shamans took care of trinispheres and counterbalances

all in all, if i played my hand out on the second turn coupled with cantrip elves, its a guaranteed turn 3/4 win....
    heritage druid + nettle sentinel really shined on this

I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    It's still not entirely optimal. It needs more global pump effects. Set in stone for me is the following:
    4 Priest of Titania
    4 Llanowar Elves
    4 Imperious Perfect
    4 Elvish Champion
    4 Heritage Druid
    4 Nettle Sentinel
    4 Sylvan Messenger
    2 Garruk Wildspeaker

Krosan Grip seems to be more of a sideboard card then mainboard card from testing... That doesn't mean the need to destroy enchantments, because that's still very needed. But the way you do it can be variable. Just the same the slots could be Viridian Zealots I'm thinking, which isn't dead in any matchup as an elf. I'm sort of thorn on that though. Something in me is thinking about counter protection and all that...

Lowering the amount of bombs (removing 2 tribal forcemages) wasn't good I don't think. I'd rather look somewhere else for spots but I'm still unsure. As of now, probably the Quirion Rangers, even though I love their effect and how they make the deck more fluent/resistant to sinkhole. As I said, I'm not sure yet; needs some testing. What I do know is that Tribal Forcemage is far too powerful to not include. Especially with the way the deck is setup. I'd actually rather have a Forcemage then a lord when it comes to finishing, though I'm afraid of taking lords out, doesn't seem like a good idea.

lords are too damn good to be removed... and i concur on the forcemages. they can win you games even with just mana elves in play. they give everyone evasion.

do you think that forcemages are good as a 2-of? would making them 4-of affect the deck in a bad way?

how helpful was garruk with you? i barely have the chance to play him and if i do play him, im already winning.

btw, i am also running elvish spirit guides and i havent had any problems with them lately.
    Last edited by (nameless one): 3/11/2009 11:10:49 AM

Yes, the lords are too damn good, the point is mostly that I'm really affraid of messing with the engine.

Garruk is amazing, if he lands he'll win you the game single handed even when you don't have a lot of elves in play. I especially like his effect in MU's that try to lock you down. Besides, it wasn't why I was suggesting forcemages again, the deck needs to run more bombs, cards that make you win. You can be "in control" but not win when you just draw multiples of mana production elves.

Sorry for the double post, this is new stuff though and someone wanted me to post my most recent list. It's unfortunate I'm the only one working with elves as a main... But that's alright.

I'm going to eat my words I fear, the deck went through some pretty drastic changes for my standards. So, what was the problem; my deck was being incredibly inconsistent in terms of mana management. That's partly just getting a good starting hand and partly being resilent against minor hate.

There were two issues I had

- Sylvan Messenger was inconsistent, often not worth the cost while it should draw me into something that will win me the game.
    - My mana production was limited giving me difficulties casting 3CC and up spells

So I decided:
    - More 1 mana elves that produce mana
    - Higher elf density
    - All threats will need to be drawable off Sylvan Messenger (bye garruk :()

Lands
    14 Forest
    3 Gaea's Cradle

Mana Production
    4 Llanowar Elves
    3 Fyndhorn Elves
    4 Priest of Titania
    4 Heritage Druid

Fighters
    4 Nettle Sentinel
    4 Wren's Run Vanquisher

Pumps
    4 Imperious Perfect
    4 Elvish Champion
    4 Tribal Forcemage

Draw
    3 Elvish Visionary
    4 Sylvan Messenger

Anti Enchantment
    2 Viridian Zealot

Sideboard hasn't changed much, 4 grips, caller, relic an extra zealot and 2 blessings. Anyway, it's working great, fast and consistent right now. I went full circle as this was basically the deck I started with (though back then, it was G/b).
    Last edited by Naz: 3/16/2009 4:24:18 PM

mana problems?

i havent had any mana problems with this deck. in fact, my elf deck is my most consistent deck and im loving it

here is the list that i have

(nameless one)'s DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
    Mana Base:
    8 Forest
    4 Land Grant
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide

Mana Elves:
    4 Llanowar Elves
    4 Heritage Druid
    4 Priest of Titania

Beater Elves:
    4 Nettle Sentinel
    4 Talara's Battalion
    4 Wren's Run Vanquisher

Pump Elves:
    4 Imperious Perfect
    4 Elvish Champion
    2 Tribal Forcemage

Advantage Elves:
    4 Elvish Visionary
    4 Sylvan Messenger
    2 Quirion Ranger

im actually using this elf deck in a tourney this saturday. the problem is i only own 1 elvish champion Frown

i dont know what to sub with it. i was thinking of 1 coat of arms, and add 2 more forest. maybe add wirewood symbiotes?

our meta is comprised of combo (ANT, storm, 2-land belcher) and aggro

this was my original sideboard:

now, does anyone have a way to combat storm decks?
    Last edited by (nameless one): 4/19/2009 10:29:56 PM

Quote from (nameless one)
    mana problems?

i havent had any mana problems with this deck. in fact, my elf deck is my most consistent deck and im loving it

Is that against players or in goldfishing? As the difference is huge. Also, is it on MWS or irl and are if it's irl are you shuffling the correct way?

I find it hard to believe that you have no problems as your mana requirements are the exact same as my old list and you're running less lands (even when you count ESG as a land) in addition to counterable tutors, with an equal amount of mana production elves. With pure statistics, your chances of getting a one lander with no extra mana production is way too big to be acceptable, or even a hand with ESG and just a llanowar elf isn't keepable. This results into mulling, which is card disadvantage which is the worst thing that can happen to elves.

In my testing the mana production setup (18 lands, and the same amount of mana elves) was far from sufficient to reliably cast a Sylvan Messenger/Lord turn 3 in goldfishing, my current list is so much better at doing that while still having a high threat density.

I got my current version entirely foiled up minus the fetch and cradles... last bits. It's being very consistent only losing to my worst matchups (combo, r landstill, aggro loam with a DDreams before turn 4) I've had far too many times that the deck just lets me down but it hasn't happened in the last week of testing, so I'm quite content.
    Last edited by Naz: 3/18/2009 7:03:33 PM

I've been playtesting it with buddies of mine. Although one thing I should keep in mind is that half of the matches I played were semi-competitive. but for the most part, the deck had only let me down when I face a 1st turn force of will disruption. I should also keep in mind that I haven't faced a type1.5 version of storm or ANT decks. but overall, I am more than pleased with what the deck can do.

I also find that quirion ranger helps a lot when I'm on my only land or 2. I used to run a 9-land stompy deck and I run it as if this deck is. I do forget the fact that I have 3-4 mana costing elves which could be problematic in the future. but for now, luck is still on my side and even if I do not mulligan with just one land I still somehow manage to get my second or third land. also, I've won enough times with just 1 land ( thanks to mana elves), but this is mostly against aggro decks

and as of you foiling you're deck, well done. hopefully I could pull of something like that. elves has a special place in my heart for it was my 1st magic deck (buddy of mine gave me his onslaught elf deck as an intro to magic). Where do you get foil priest of titanias and quirion rangers?

Overall I notice that there is a lack of "Vs. Aggro Loam"
    I have to say it is less than favorable, a resolved 1cc Chalice or well placed devastating dreams can really ruin Elves day.
    I can say this with certainty after playing the two decks against each other with a friend of mine many many times.

Currently working on
    B// =34 (Legacy)
    R// AggroLoam (Legacy)
    B/ Elder dragon highlander, General: Savra, Queen of the Golgari

Team Sexy Decks
    Serrephile, US, Mal'ganis, Horde, <zZq>
    A found a tech to battle chalice...

It's called leyline of lifeforce

My buddy borrowed my elf deck for an event yesterday. Once I get it back from him, I'll have a report posted

Overall I notice that there is a lack of "Vs. Aggro Loam"
    I have to say it is less than favorable, a resolved 1cc Chalice or well placed devastating dreams can really ruin Elves day.
    I can say this with certainty after playing the two decks against each other with a friend of mine many many times.

I've played against Aggro Loam many times because it's in my local area. It's entirely build dependand how favorable this MU is. I'd say that 90% of the elves decks floating around are downright terrible, the other 10% is usually suited towards a meta and when Loam is in that meta you can certainly build around it. Caller of the Claw is a keycard against it Loam, Relic is sometimes good but I think it's the wrong approach to battling Loam. Personally I think Quirion Rangers, Callers of the Claw and not overextending are the strongest things against loam.

1CC chalice is much less of an issue as you shouldn't be cluttering the 1cc spot to start with and Aggro Loam isn't playing double lands like DStompy and alike, first turn is a free game. Quirion Rangers are huge against Loam for instance and Heralds are rather nice too with Caller of the Claw.

Alright, I just got the deck and as promised, I'll report what happened:

1st of all the deck:

Lands/Mana Help:
    8 Forest
    4 Land Grant

Mana Elves:
    4 Heritage Druid
    4 Llanowar Elves
    4 Priest of Titania
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide

Beater Elves:
    4 Nettle Sentinel
    4 Talara's Battalion
    4 Wren's Run Vanquisher

Pump Elves:
    4 Imperious Perfect
    2 Tribal Forcemage
    1 Elvish Champion

Utility Elves:
    4 Quirion Ranger
    4 Elvish Visionary
    4 Sylvan Messanger

Just in Case:
    1 Krosan Grip

Heres what happened:

1st Match: Burn

Game 1: He basically got mana flooded, cannot answer all the coming elves. Game Over
    Game 2: Boarded:

It was a close game but he never got the chance pinging me because he was busy pinging my elves. Then, topdecked a Messanger, it was the defining moment.

2-0

2nd Match: Boros Sligh

Game 1: He had a 1st turn Izzy, had a 1st turn Battalion (play Land Grant, removed Guide for mana, play Battalion). Emptied my hand on second turn, 2 turns later, she scoops.
    Game 2: Boarded (same as Match 1 [Burn])
    He got stuck with white removal which actually helped me. He managed to play a Pyroclasm but it wasnt enough to burn Battalion and Vanquisher. Topdecked a Messanger and it was the game.

4-0

3rd Match: Mono-red Goblins

Game 1: He managed a 1st turn Æther Vial but I Krosan Gripped it. His Wasteland was pointless. I out-tempoed him.

He managed a 1st turn Æther Vial but once again, I Krosan Gripped it. He tried to attack with a Warchief, a Lackey, Piledriver. Had a Ranger and tapped Vanquisher, used Ranger's ability to untap Vanquisher, blocked the Piledriver and Lackey. Then the momentum went on my side and went for the win.

6-0

Match 4: Black Sabbath

Game 1: Demolished him with elves. Before he had a chanceTourached my hand, pretty much emptied it to the board (by turn 2, thanks to Heritage)

Thought he was running EvaGreen.dec. It turned out it wasnt. His turn 2 was: Bayou in play, played Swamp, tapped Swamp for Dark Ritual, then played another Dark Ritual off of it, played Thoughtsiezed my hand (removed Battalion)tapped Bayou and played Gamekeeper, then played Innocent Blood, then Gamekeeper grabbed Progenitus. GG

Game 3: Pretty much ran the original built. Boarded:

He managed to control the board and hand but he wasnt able to pull of his Gamekeeper thing. Topdecked a Messanger and momentum shifted to my side.

8-1

Match 5: Merfolk

Game 1: He controlled the board with bounce, saw multiple FoWs and Daze. He had Landstill. He attacked with unblockable merfolks. He won.

Had Leyline on opening hand. Aggro for the win

Game 3: Boarded:

Added Forcemage because the 2nd game would have been won a turn earlier if I had him. Once again, he had control. Leyline of Lifeforce was pointless and he ran more bounce. He managed to get me to 2 while he was at 12. I managed to topdeck the lone Forcemage (it of the best topdecks ever), Morphed him in using Priest then unmorphed him naming elves, used Ranger to untap Priest attacked with everything. He managed to block 1 elf with Triton but I still managed to deal 12 that turn.

10-2

As you can see, overall the elf deck did well in an unknown meta. now my question is should i stick with my sideboard or should i change any? like krosan grips over viridian zealots. and would packmasters work against still-based decks?

and i've also confirmed that you cannot stifle heritage druid because it is still a mana ability. also, i've proven that leyline of lifeforce can get around chalice, as seen here: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?p=3712339#post3712339
    Last edited by (nameless one): 3/24/2009 11:45:46 AM

This is my list that I'm currently running... only thing I've been debating is throwing two Eladamri, Lord of Leaves in there.

Dm225's DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
    4 Llanowar Elves
    4 Fyndhorn Elves
    4 Quirion Ranger
    4 Priest of Titania

4 Wren's Run Vanquisher
    4 Nettle Sentinel
    4 Talara's Battalion

4 Sylvan Messenger
    4 Elvish Visionary

4 Imperious Perfect
    4 Elvish Champion

16 Forest

I know I could use some Gaea's Cradle's I'm trying to get my hands on some but no one I know had them and they're expensive to buy.

Comments? Suggestions?
    Last edited by Dm225: 4/14/2009 9:18:33 PM
    Gaea's Cradle is a nice add-on but you dont need to have him. i would love to run him too but i do not have him, just depend on your mana elves.

you should add elvish spirit guides as your ramps. and if you dont need the mana later on the game, you can play her as a beat stick. she can also be grabbed with sylvan messanger because shes an elf too (on the new errata)

reduce your forests to 8 and add 4 of elvish spirit guides and 4 land grant. land grant can provide a 1st turn talara's battalion if you have the right hand (given that you dont have a forest in your hand, play land grant, discard elvish spirit guide for mana, play talara's battalion [you played a green spell before talara's battalion])

eladamri, lord of leaves is a nice add on. the shroud ability is nice but he doesnt pump your elves. he would be good on the sideboard. i would rather run champions over him because of the pump (the forestwalking is tech against decks with goofy).

i just want to add that tribal forcemage would be a nice finisher

4 of llanowar elves and fyndhorn elves are overkill. reduce both to 2 of each and run heritage druids. she works wonders with nettle sentinel
    Last edited by (nameless one): 4/15/2009 11:22:55 AM

Yeah heritage druid + nettle sentinel is the greatest mana producing "combo" and if either card didn't exist combo elves would not exist. Just such a great combo having 3 sentinels and a heritage druid in play is a golden moment because you can probably empty your hand then and there.

I like tribal forcemage as a finisher card is sooo good when you have 10 or more elves that all have at least 3 power and trample.
    "Yawgmoth," Freyalise whispered as she set the bomb, "now you will pay for your treachery."

-Freyalise

Currently Playing:
    Legacy:
    UBWRGAll manner of storm comboGRWBU
    Dark Ritual on The Source and Storm Boards
    Notable finishes:
    Top 16 SCG Kansas City Legacy Open 2012 with Burning ANT
    Top 32 SCG Minneapolis Legacy Open 2012 with Burning ANT
    I'd again strongly advice against using land grant if you're in an environment where counterspells are used at all (any healthy legacy meta). I'm pretty much in disagreement with you about ESG as well. The limiting factor in elves is cards, not mana. Taking card disadvantage for mana is a bad deal when you're going to produce a massive amount of mana. You're playing aggro, not combo.

I do agree that when you're running Nettle Sentinels you might as well run Heritage Druid alongside. Your threat density is rather low. A Talara's Battalion won't be enough, with your high elf density global pumping effects are much stronger. Garruk Wildspeaker, Tribal Forcemage and Wilt-Leaf Liege are worth looking at all with their strong and weak points.

Cradles are good, quite expensive too though (I'm getting them foil now ~~). It's the best land you can get for Elves.

Yah I'm not too big of a fan of the Land Grant's and Elvish Spirit Guide's.

I am however gonna test taking out 4 Fyndhorn Elves and going with 4 Heritage Druid
    Reading that puts me on the verge of adding quirion ranger back in the deck again.

Of one thing I'm sure, I know that it's either 3 fyndhorn elves or 3 quirion rangers, I don't think I'll be running singletons. Now, Quirion Rangers have a stronger interaction with Heritage Druid and become better when there are more elves in play, strong synergy. They're great when you're low on lands too, but only useful alongside other elves. When they're not, it's kind of subpar =/

At the same time, they have this tendency to make you resilent against Devastating Dreams and Sinkhole. And lastly, they're available in foil while Fyndhorn Elves isn't! Okay, that's small, but still.

It's resilence vs utility really, I guess there's a correlation with the amount of lands someone runs. Thing is, the deck has been running great ever since I started playing 7 Llanowars instead of 4.
    Last edited by Naz: 4/19/2009 5:08:33 PM

I recently took Fyndhorn Elves out for some Heritage Druids and so far I haven't run into a situation where I wish I hadn't done that. The Druids have been nothing short of spectacular, allowing for some turn 2 shenanigans that lead to 3rd turn wins. I'm pretty pleased.

Turn 1: Land, Nettle Setinel
    Turn 2: Land, Heritage Druid, another 1 drop (preferably another Setinel, obviously). Play a ton of elves, including a lord or two.
    Turn 3. Swing for the win.

The list I'm playing with is:

huck's DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
    4 Elvish Champion
    4 Imperious Perfect
    2 Timberwatch Elves
    1 Ambush Commander
    1 Eladamri, Lord of Leaves
    1 Elvish Prominade

4 Sylvan Messanger
    4 Elvish Visionary
    4 Quirion Ranger

4 Wren's Run Vanquisher
    4 Nettle Sentinel

4 Heritage Druids
    4 Llanowar Elves
    4 Priest of Titania

4 Land Grant

1 Gaea's Craddle
    2 Wirewood Lodge
    8 Forest

The side board is a work in progress. I know that the Ambush Commander and Wirewood Lodge aren't optimal, but they allow for a lot of fun among my friends, who are the only people I play Legacy with thus-far. Also, the Prominade is a bomb, doubling your elves is a good idea, I heard. Lets Priest of Titania and Timberwatch Elves do stupid, stupid things.
    Decks
    Modern: U/W Tron
    Legacy: Nic Fit
    EDH: Captain Sisay (in progress)
    Cube: ">Cube!
    Casual: Aggro Elves
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes