Commander 2013 best deck?

Quote from Espuma
    In terms of power, probably Prossh. In terms of money, Jeleva.

In terms of annoyance: Sek'Kuar (my go-to general) gets reprinted, but we still don't get an official print of its tokens! I want my Graveborns...

Seriously, right?! When will Wizards give us the tokens for just about the best general ever? Sek'Kuar is my go-to as well. Grin
    I really don't see the value monetary wise in the Prossh deck. Hua Tuo is not going to maintain his pricetag after this set, not at all.

Value-wise in the early going will be Jeleva with the Strix but with a moderate circulation Derevi is going to take over - Oloro's biggest card is the three mana sweeper (that WILL blow up in Legacy). That Naya deck is NOT worth the $30 msrp - best to wait and snag the two commanders as singles, if those are your thing.

Host of the only 1v1 Commander League on Magic Online! Need some information about my events? Shoot me a PM or find me on the client under the name "3drinks"!

MTG: Commander
    WBRKaalia of the Vast Primer [1v1, Multiplayer, Tribal, & Duel-Commander Supported]
    WThalia, Guardian of Thraben [White Weenie Aggro]
    UBRNicol Bolas [Grixis Rendition of "The Deck"]
    WUBSharuum the Hegemon [Reanimator]
    I mean the "Scavenging Ooze" of the set is True-Name Nemesis, which happens to be in the same box as the already-proven Baleful Strix. Strix will drop slightly with a second printing to around 10$, but picking up the Nemesis before these go out of print and he skyrockets is worth far more than a hundred casual cards (which is all that's in the other 4 boxes).

Quote from clan_iraq

Oh, I thought he was talking about playing a spell that is countering a spell with counters on it as it comes into play, but I see you guys were just discussing whether he was flashing a creature with flash in order to flash a flashback or just flashing a creature with flash but not needing flash in order to flashback a spell without flash.

-regarding Snapcaster Mage.
    Quote from HammerAndSickled
    I mean the "Scavenging Ooze" of the set is True-Name Nemesis, which happens to be in the same box as the already-proven Baleful Strix. Strix will drop slightly with a second printing to around 10$, but picking up the Nemesis before these go out of print and he skyrockets is worth far more than a hundred casual cards (which is all that's in the other 4 boxes).

The white removal tuck and 3-mana wipe with lifeloss seem like contenders too, I don't play legacy though so I'm just wildly guessing.
    Edit: Unexpectedly Absent and Toxic Deluge.
    For true value: Grixis
    For my personal value: Bant/Esper
    For power: I think Jund or Bant
    Just ugly: Naya
    [Soul of Elements] of [The Spirit of EDH]. Join our clan!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes