How to build EDH deck?

Hi, I was thinking that I would build a deck. But there is a problem, I dont know how. Please, could you explain me how many creatures/spell s/lands should the deck have? I was thinking about 3 generals.
    1. Karrthus, Tyrrant of Jund
    2. Kresh, the Bloodbraided
    3. Jaya Ballard, task mage

I wasnt sure about Karrthus because I dont know how much are dragons played. Jaya was looking more promising but I want to play Chandra Ablaze, so it wouldnt be so synergic. So I picked Kresh because I can allways get him some counters. I guess I will run deck on many creatures. Anyone, please help me.

Sorry if you take this as a spam.

Maelstrom Graphics just OWNS!
    T2
    :symg::symg::symg: Some kind of Elvish monster :symg::symg::symg:
    EDH
    :symg::symg::symg:Azusa, Lost but Seeking under construction:symg::symg::symg:
    Quote from LowPlayer
    Hi, I was thinking that I would build a deck. But there is a problem, I dont know how. Please, could you explain me how many creatures/spell s/lands should the deck have? I was thinking about 3 generals.
    1. Karrthus, Tyrrant of Jund
    2. Kresh, the Bloodbraided
    3. Jaya Ballard, task mage

I wasnt sure about Karrthus because I dont know how much are dragons played. Jaya was looking more promising but I want to play Chandra Ablaze, so it wouldnt be so synergic. So I picked Kresh because I can allways get him some counters. I guess I will run deck on many creatures. Anyone, please help me.

Sorry if you take this as a spam.

It's easy. When building an EDH deck, most people (and most people should, imo) take the 59 other nonland best cards that they have at the moment, and the best 40 applicable lands that they also have at the moment, and build a deck with them. Then you should play games, and find out what you don't like. At this point, keep your eye out in trade binders and the local card shop for stuff that you think would be good. Then rinse and repeat.

If my EDH deck was ever "finished," I'd probably stop playing EDH. The continuous building of your deck is half the fun, unlike most other constructed formats.
    Quote from Vermy
    You are only going to hurt your brain trying to get these answers. You would be better off forgetting that Return to Ravnica even has a "story" or what apparently passes as a story these days.

Modern KarnTron

Thanks to V.M.Santore for the great avvy!
    First off, take a look at some of the decks people have already built using Kresh, the deck database is found here:

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=194327

That should give you some ideas on how you want your deck to look, Kresh decks tend to either be token themed or just play huge monsters. Once you've got your theme down take a look at the top 50 cards for each color found here:

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=239017

After that I usually do advanced gatherer searches, if you go tokens do a search for cards with the word token and if you go with fatties do a search for creatures that cost 6+ mana or something like that. If you are on a tight budget or only using cards you already own the above 2 links should at least help you decide a direction so you know what you are looking for when you go through your collection. Hope that helps.

EDIT: Beaten!
    Thanks guys, you really opened my mind.

Maelstrom Graphics just OWNS!
    T2
    :symg::symg::symg: Some kind of Elvish monster :symg::symg::symg:
    EDH
    :symg::symg::symg:Azusa, Lost but Seeking under construction:symg::symg::symg:
    I think Slivortal summed it up pretty well. I think most people who get into EDH don't understand the REAL fun of EDH. I have built and played too many decks to count, but am always changing them. Once I have a deck tuned the way I really want it to play, I usually play something else. I like to make a deck the way I want to play it. The deck should evolve and be something you enjoy, not something you net decked and only know how to play the one combo in it. The true fun of EDH is building your deck (baby) and growing with it. When I play, you will never see the same deck twice in a row. Enjoy the experience.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes