A G/W/B Ally deck

I just started playing Magic and got thrilled with the Allies. So I choosed them for being my first deck. Smile

Lausebub's DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
    Creatures:
    4 Oran-Rief Survivalist
    3 Turntimber Ranger
    4 Kazandu Blademaster
    4 Ondu Cleric
    4 Kabira Evangel
    3 Bala Ged Thief
    2 Hagra Diabolist

Spells:
    4 Vines of Vastwood
    4 Path to Exile
    4 Ghostway

Lands:
    4 Sunpetal Grove
    4 Marsh Flats
    2 Llanowar Wastes
    6 Forest
    6 Plains
    2 Swamp

I did`nt have time to try it out. Frankly, I do`nt even own some of the cards. Maybe I`ll have to improvise a lil`bit.

So? Is there any chance, that such a deck could work in Casual?

P.S.: Do´nt bash my "not-so-native" English, I´m coming from Austria. Wink
    Last edited by Lausebub: 10/8/2009 11:24:10 AM
    2012 is the year of the bow. RISE your orange and blue bows!
    First, you might want to replace coat of arms with Ghostway. Coat of arms helps your enemies' creatures, and it doesn't save you when he casts Day of Judgement. Ghostway, on the other hand, can save your guys in response to sweepers, and when they come back in, there will be LOTS of effects.

Also, while vines of vastwood might be good, I haven't tried it in this kind of situation, you might want to consider momentary blink. You can splash a little blue for the flashback cost, and it serves the same purpose as an unkicked vines, only it triggers other allies as well.
    Ghostway is fun in this deck. Also, Overrun may be a better win condition than Coat of Arms, it works especially well with all the tokens.
    L1 Judge

Currently Playing:
    • Standard - Jund Midrange, UWr Geist
    • Modern - UWr Delver
    • Legacy - Mono Red Burn
    • EDH - Sharuum
    coat of arms doesn't help your allies as much as kuzuul warlord does i belive for the fact that warlord helps you only and gives them counters so even if he leaves blademaster is still an 8/8.
    i would take out the vines and add 4 lighining bolts in place of vines
    take out 3 turntimber rangers 2 more Diabolists and a bala ged thief
    the 4 survivalists would be ghostways (it is a win condition with diabolists on the field)

also i would like to appologize for misunderstanding coat of arms i though it gave +1/+1 per subtype your creatures had in common i though that they would get +1/+1 if u had 5 allies on the field not +4/+4 my bad
    Last edited by moosemanxl: 10/6/2009 8:56:41 PM
    Quote from moosemanxl
    coat of arms doesnt realy help all your allies. if im not mistaken they cant get a +3/+3 from it in most cases kor/human/elf then scout/beserker/warrior/cleric then all ally so they only get +1/+1 in some scenarios. i think i would run red in this and use 4 kazuul warlords take out vines for lightning bolt survivalist becomes warlords and take out turntimber rangers for 2 diabolistsand a bala ged thief i agree ghostway better than coat of arms. the allys all come back u get their effects again. so when they drop u choose diabolist first and it coulb be used to kill an opponant rather than protect your allies

If he has 5 creatures out that have "ally" in their list of creature types, regardless of what else is listed in their creature types, each of his creatures will get +4/+4.

I think I'm correcting your post, anwyay. I can't read it because you wrote one giant sentence without any sort of punctuation, capitalization, or even card tags. It doesn't take that much more time to write a legible post, come on.
    L1 Judge

Currently Playing:
    • Standard - Jund Midrange, UWr Geist
    • Modern - UWr Delver
    • Legacy - Mono Red Burn
    • EDH - Sharuum
    I replaced Coat of Arms with Ghostway and tried the deck out. It`s just awesome! Ghostway was more than one time the hell for the opponent. Hagra Diabolist dealt in one turn 10 damage. Smile

Everything works well, but I have a question left:

Was Doom Blade a good choice? Should I replace it with another spell, like Overrun. But this leads to another problem: I don`t have only 5 B-Cards in my deck. What should I do? I really want to ceep the Bala Ged Thief and Hagra Diabolist in my deck. :S
    Even if those two are the only reason you are black, it's worth it. You could be running path to exile[/card instead of doomblade, and black is still worth it. The ability to strip away cards and then knock ten life from an opponent is definitely worth it IMO.

I have a FOUR color ally control deck, and the only reason I am running red is because I want my creature removal to be an ally (murasa pyromancer). Does a four-of of one card make it worth red? when you can do a one-sided wrath it certainly does!
    @gilrad: I allready use Path to Exil 4 times in my deck. Wink

Should I run Ghostway 4 times and cut Doomblade out? Than I have to change the mana proportions in my deck. Maybe just 2 Swamp and 6 Plains? I`m going to try it. Smile
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes