R/G hydra X deck

I wanted to have a fun themed deck based around X mana cost cards. The Best creature type I could think of was hydras, but I'm not sure if they would make a solid choice, considering all of my creatures would need a high mana intake to be useful. To get around this, I either need a new set of creatures, or, more preferably, I need to pour in the mana excelerators. Cards like rosheen meanderer and braided fire are no brainers for this purpose, but if anyone knows of any other good ones for green and red it'd help

For the creature list as it stands, lots of hydras. apocalypse hydra, balduvia hydra[/card, feral hydra, protean hulk and rock hydra are the main creatures I've got, which isn't necesserily a bad thing, as they're prety darn good, but should I look to some more solid choices like sprouting hydra as a blocker and molten hydra as a cheep creature

So where should I go from there? should I add in some cards that help with the +1/+1 counter theme? There's a green enchantment that doubles the number of +1/+1 tokens creatures get from effects (and doubles the number of creature tokens you get from effects) that I can't remember the name of which should definately be included. I'd want clockwork hydra, and possibly spitting hydra. Power conduit would definately be included, but I don't know any other cards along this theme (as I don't want to go into the arcbound, sunburst rout, I already have that deack :D)

If I didn't go down that rout, then I could do direct damage. There are a billion and a half fireballs, 'deal X damage to every creature with(out) flying and each player' and the like. I'd then want to add ancient hydra and spitting hydra, then the obvious additions to damage spell decks like furnace of rath. For this to work, I'd really need a whole lot of mana exceleration, so some more extreme cards like chaos moon may be included (which would hopefully work with the help of sprouting hydra), but then there's cards like new frotiers, or the less extreme nature's lore

So basicly, any ideas as to where to go from the basic idea of Xs and hydras, then any card sudjestions (go ahead and make long lists of cards if you know that many, and assume I don't know of any other cards save the ones I've mentioned, don't want to miss any good 'uns ;))
    First thing off the bat. If you are focusing on X cards, you will need MAJOR MANA RAMP AND ACCEL. second thing, get
    X BURNS. That will be nice
    Progenitus doesn't have protection from Lighters Grin

Thank you for Kennethwong, for inspiring me to do this sig pic when I was bored.

GENERATION 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    Quote from eyeolas
    I need to pour in the mana excelerators. Cards like rosheen meanderer and braided fire are no brainers for this purpose, but if anyone knows of any other good ones for green and red it'd help.
    There's a green enchantment that doubles the number of +1/+1 tokens creatures get from effects (and doubles the number of creature tokens you get from effects) that I can't remember the name of which should definately be included. I'd want clockwork hydra, and possibly spitting hydra.
    If I didn't go down that rout, then I could do direct damage. There are a billion and a half fireballs, 'deal X damage to every creature with(out) flying and each player' and the like. I'd then want to add ancient hydra and spitting hydra, then the obvious additions to damage spell decks like furnace of rath. For this to work, I'd really need a whole lot of mana exceleration, so some more extreme cards like chaos moon may be included (which would hopefully work with the help of sprouting hydra), but then there's cards like new frotiers, or the less extreme nature's lore
    So basicly, any ideas as to where to go from the basic idea of Xs and hydras, then any card sudjestions (go ahead and make long lists of cards if you know that many, and assume I don't know of any other cards save the ones I've mentioned, don't want to miss any good 'uns ;))

paragraph at a time, lets go.

1 - perhaps the red rituals? Rite of Flame and Seething Song. and there's always green's abundance of land searches (rampant growth, trace of abundance, explosive vegetation, etc). plus the two you already mentioned. fog effects could also be good as you save up the mana.

2 - Doubling Season is what you were thinking of. be warned, its ~ $12 apiece. did you include Protean Hydra and Feral Hydra? those are probably the two best green ones.

3 - put together a deck list soon. even if it's not effective, it still gets big points for flavor :).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes