Banned? Possible hacked account.

I just got an email about an edit to my talk page saying that I was banned indefinitely for inappropriate behavior on the first of the month.

I haven't logged into either salvation or the wiki in more than 3 years until today. Did someone crack my account and spam with it? What actually happened?

I also want to point out that it's pretty bad design to have magic mage's page say to create a topic in user talk for "appeals" but if you are banned you specifically cannot do so.
    Last edited by Uber_Mexico: 11/22/2012 10:56:28 AM
    Rv'd.

Please accept my apologies.

The silver lining to this, I guess, is, hey, welcome to the Wiki forum. Tongue (Again, so sorry.)
    Quote from Uber_Mexico

I also want to point out that it's pretty bad design to have magic mage's page say to create a topic in user talk for "appeals" but if you are banned you specifically cannot do so.

Wikipedia allows blocked used to at least edit their own page to appeal but we don't. I'm not sure what's up with that; but, it's certainly something I've been looking into for some time - specifically, what I can do without deeper access, to allow users to at least edit their own user talk pages, even if and when they're blocked (unless they're hard blocked).
    Last edited by 9909: 11/22/2012 11:55:49 AM
    9099 you've been banning users left and right, not sure why, with comments like "this user hasn't been on in awhile", so why ban them?
    "It's worked so far, but we're not out yet." ~ Bones
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, why is almost everything becoming locked from editing?
    My music on YouTube
    My Sporcle Quizzes (Latest: "Who can break this code?"!)
    Official Quizmaster of [The Crafters]!
    Oh, why not pile on and rag on. Give me less than what I give. (Say, any good reason why "almost everything" [certainly, no storyline or crufty pages are locked] shouldn't be locked?)
    Quote from Lasersharp
    Also, why is almost everything becoming locked from editing?
    Do you have amendments? If so, to prevent going one step forward, two steps back, please make the suggestions on the talk page first.

I'm looking into the fixing of the access rights so that users that have a good record can bypass this crap.
    Quote from GeoMike
    9099 you've been banning users left and right, not sure why, with comments like "this user hasn't been on in awhile", so why ban them?
    Hi.

It's easier to explain than the longer explanation but I'm more than willing to furnish you with it.
    OK, maybe "almost everything" wasn't the right term to use... but the pages I look at most often are the pages on the sets and expansions. Though I guess having the talk pages should work fine.
    My music on YouTube
    My Sporcle Quizzes (Latest: "Who can break this code?"!)
    Official Quizmaster of [The Crafters]!
    Unfortunately, we don't use the talk pages enough. Thanks for your understanding one way or another.

There's something about product (e.g., deck, set) pages. They're 'solid' (not sure if anyone gets my meaning; I really doubt it) things.

Any electronic products is going to be broken until we work things out; we meaning sysops (those interested) as well as non-sysop users (again, those interested). Only recently have I worked out that MTGO or whatever it's called, after all, should be italicized. That's how screwed up things are.
    I apologize if this is wrong thread:

Hello 9009,

I recently tried to edit my clan's thread The Izzet and got the following:

This user is currently blocked. The latest block log entry is provided below for reference:

Your current IP address is 108.200.21.56, and the block ID is #16819.

I have to ask what the SPA means and is there anyway of solving this issue? This is very important to me since I am the Clan Rep prospect of the Izzet,

Sincerely, Onar Bargior

Former Izzet clan Rep.

Official Tech Geek of [The Crafters]

admin of MAGECRAFT:
    a forum for all from Magic to Pokemon!

To be fair, I was poking fun at RAs often-ambiguous quoting- Helios
    Quote from Russian Alara
    I apologize if this is wrong thread:

Hello 9009,

I recently tried to edit my clan's thread The Izzet and got the following:

This user is currently blocked. The latest block log entry is provided below for reference:

Your current IP address is 108.200.21.56, and the block ID is #16819.

I have to ask what the SPA means and is there anyway of solving this issue? This is very important to me since I am the Clan Rep prospect of the Izzet,

Sincerely, Onar Bargior

Apologies for the inconvenience.

I have reinstated editing privileges by reversing the initial block. The initial block was for single-purpose editing (reasonably, it was thought that you were, whilst not exactly the variety of spammer/advertiser that we often receive, we something like it). Good to know that you're not a bot-like! Smile

Have a good time editing your clan page now.

Cheers,
    J.

P.S. Please install a spell-checker. Don't take this personally. It's simply something that everyone should do if he or she hasn't yet done so.
    Quote from 9909
    Apologies for the inconvenience.

I have reinstated editing privileges by reversing the initial block. The initial block was for single-purpose editing (reasonably, it was thought that you were, whilst not exactly the variety of spammer/advertiser that we often receive, we something like it). Good to know that you're not a bot-like! Smile

Have a good time editing your clan page now.

Cheers,
    J.

P.S. Please install a spell-checker. Don't take this personally. It's simply something that everyone should do if he or she hasn't yet done so.

Thank you Sir, will be done accordingly.

Former Izzet clan Rep.

Official Tech Geek of [The Crafters]

admin of MAGECRAFT:
    a forum for all from Magic to Pokemon!

To be fair, I was poking fun at RAs often-ambiguous quoting- Helios
    Quote from Russian Alara
    Thank you Sir, will be done accordingly.
    Not at all. And 'sir', eh?

If you have other areas of interest or expertise, the wiki is more than welcoming for your edits. Smile Anyway, have a good day!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes