[Lutharin Mountains] Reconnoiterring the Garr

  • #178
    The drow returns her rapier to its sheath. "Looks like we're clear for now." A quick frown. "Don't like what those drums could mean, though."
  • #179
    The drums suddenly stop.
  • #180
    **Eldridge flinched.**

    Eldridge - "I like that even less."

    Sing lustily and with good courage.
    Be aware of singing as if you were half dead,
    or half asleep:
    but lift your voice with strength.
    Be no more afraid of your voice now,
    nor more ashamed of its being heard,
    than when you sang the songs of Satan.
    Love
  • #181
    It gets more ominous. The drums start again. Faster now.
  • #182
    Garrett- Run?
  • #183
    **Eldridge didn't hesitate to start running the way they'd come.**

    Sing lustily and with good courage.
    Be aware of singing as if you were half dead,
    or half asleep:
    but lift your voice with strength.
    Be no more afraid of your voice now,
    nor more ashamed of its being heard,
    than when you sang the songs of Satan.
    Love
  • #184
    Garrett didn't wait for anyone else's reply, and made haste for the cart. As he drew closer he yelled to guard who had accompanied them.

    Garrett- We should go!
  • #185
    I'm not exactly sure how I managed to get so distracted by shinies that I forgot that I hadn't posted. Twice.

    Telcrova follows the other two, a little too slowly for her liking. She doesn't waste a breath on a reply - instead, she dives into the cart as soon as it's close enough.
  • #186
    My posts keep getting eaten by the 404's. Obnoxious.

    The guard in the cart looks up, startled by their quick advancement.

    "Go? What's going on?"
  • #187
    **Eldridge spoke first, though he was out of breath and didn't really know how to convey the urgency.**

    Eldridge - "Garr! They're coming!"

    Sing lustily and with good courage.
    Be aware of singing as if you were half dead,
    or half asleep:
    but lift your voice with strength.
    Be no more afraid of your voice now,
    nor more ashamed of its being heard,
    than when you sang the songs of Satan.
    Love
  • #188
    The guard stares at him before looking up the valley. It's a second before he stirs the horses up in to a gallop, taking them far away from the valley. He does seem a little curious about this though.

    "What did you find?"
  • #189
    "Something called the garr Brotherhood of Slaughter."

    Having finally recovered her breath, the drow answers the question, though only because neither of her teammates seem to want to.
  • #190
    Trying to give you guys chances to respond and do things...

    The guard stares for a moment.

    "That's it?"
  • #191
    Want us to do something? Then give us an in-character reason to do it. Right now we're all logically terrified and bewildered--if we should be something else, make it for a reason. It's your job to keep this quest moving forward, not ours.

    **On the verge of panic, Eldridge grew visibly annoyed with the guard's nonplussed remarks. He began to shout;**

    Eldridge - "There are bodies lying butchered in piles on the streets! The town is wrecked, the people are dead, and the place is swarming with garr! And now they're on the move! We had enough trouble dispatching just a couple of them with good conditions--how are we going to do anything against the sort of army it takes to do that!"

    **He gestured, hands shaking, at the town.**

    Sing lustily and with good courage.
    Be aware of singing as if you were half dead,
    or half asleep:
    but lift your voice with strength.
    Be no more afraid of your voice now,
    nor more ashamed of its being heard,
    than when you sang the songs of Satan.
    Love
  • #192
    I'm trying not to railroad you, and it's a fine line. An when I mean 'do something', only one person is talking at a time. I keep waiting for the others so I'm not moving on without you.

    The guard looks back angrily in response, "Wait, on the move? You didn't say that. You just came out running. How many are there? What weapons should we expect? Are they just coming from here, or are they coming from elsewhere?"
  • #193
    Eldridge - "I don't know and I don't care! You want to know, you go back there."

    Sing lustily and with good courage.
    Be aware of singing as if you were half dead,
    or half asleep:
    but lift your voice with strength.
    Be no more afraid of your voice now,
    nor more ashamed of its being heard,
    than when you sang the songs of Satan.
    Love
  • #194
    The guard stares at him.

    "But that's what you went in to find. We can't fight them if we don't know what we're fighting!"
  • #195
    Garrett- A large enough force to obliterate and string up a village. A large enough force to warrant the pounding of war drums to keep them in step. I'd suggest we mount as large a force as possible, they're on the move.
  • #196
    The guard rubs his forehead for a moment before shaking his head.

    "We can't prepare for anything if we don't know details. A five man army could destroy a village if they snuck up. And drums aren't always used for war. We need eyes on them."

    Is no one else posting at this point? I keep hoping to actually get multiple responses per update, but...
  • #197
    "The ones we saw weren't armed, but we do know they're on the move now." The drow half draws her rapier out of its sheath, checking it for damage before sliding it back in. "In other words, we have a garr clan that's supposed to be extinct that is responsible for the attacks on Epicus, and had just started to get on the move again when we left."

    "The problem lies in the fact that the only people that could actually get eyes on them in time are us, and we wouldn't be able to get back to the city in time for anything to be prepared."
  • #198
    The guard looks incredibly uneasy at this.

    "I don't like the idea of going back to the Commander with little more than 'We heard drums and saw a raided village, so we think there's an army on the way.'"
  • #199
    "By now, they'd already be on the move. Last we saw them, the garr were grouping up. Anyone who got close enough to lay eyes on them would never get back in enough time to prepare." The drow's voice carries a detached tone. She's not really interested in arguing the point anymore.
    Last edited by Cyouni: 5/4/2012 11:14:53 AM
  • #200
    The guard rubs at his eyes before grabbing the reigns and sending them back to town. The trip's about the same time as the time out.

    And then it's off to the Commander's office.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Reply
Clear All Quotes