Investigating Combo: Artifacts in T2

So far, I haven't liked the Missionarys all that much, but we'll see. The Day of Judgments have been reasonably good, and I have felt an improvement against Conscription Mythic after adding them in. The -Seas+Capsule plan seems to work fine, but it's not particularly impressive. The matchup is a lot more winnable, but I think the advantage is with the Conscription Mythic deck.

It seems that my infatuation with Hulk is beginning to fade. Foundry, while slower, is a fine win condition and adds value where Hulk would just cycle. Being able to beat RDW g1 feels great.

Executioner's Capsule changes who has inevitability in the Poly matchup. The difference is incredible. Now, instead of having to try and combo off faster through walls of countermagic, the deck can sit back and pick up steady advantages like it might against UW tapout. If the Poly deck blinks first, they probably won't be able to stop you from comboing. If they don't apply pressure, however, the deck will eventually set up a win no matter how many Negates the Poly player has. The match as a whole is probably still in Poly's favor thanks to a very strong game one, but it feels much closer. Just don't expect to win against a turn three Poly on the draw without a Capsule.

I'm hoping the new Jund deck doesn't take off instantly. The manabase is much more resilient to Seas.

For reference:

I haven't tested it yet, but I'm guessing it's correct to bring in Firewalkers against them.
Last edited by CalebD: May 13, 2010