[the official] this will make you hungry thread

this link will help about pork skin.

http://www.pinoyrecipe.net/filipino-pork-chicharon-recipe/

and yes, my favorite noontime snack is chicken skin..... after i eat, i sleep. LOL
    A team should be as happy as a meal - TEAM HAPPYMEAL

EDH - UWGrand Arbiter Agustin IV
    UBW
    Oloro, Ageless Ascetic
    Modern - Mono U tron / Polymorph / NFTW (ninja for the win)GR tron GR

Buy All the planeswalkers!!!
    Buy All the Dual Lands!!!
    Buy All the fetches!
    Create tons of EDH Decks!!!
    Eat Nothing but Oats!! (LOL, not true)
    Train MMA!!!
    Marry My girlfriend!!!
    Get her Pregnant only Once!
    Teach my Son/Daughter Sports and magic cards!!!
    Continue my legacy son!!!/Daughter!!
    Not really for me, but if you want a snack for your kids, banana's covered in crushed cereal. They love it.

My comfort food reciepe!

Indoor Smores!

What you'll need.

Half box of Graham Crackers
    4 Cups of Chocolate Chips
    1 Bag of Mini-Marshmallows
    1 Table Spoon of Peanut Butter

1.) Grab a sauce pan, and melt the chocolate on low heat (don't wana burn the chocolate!), once melted add the peanut butter in and keep stirring!

2.) Grab the Graham Crackers and put them in a zip-lock bag. Mash the Graham Crackers up until the pieces are about the size of postage stamps. Add this into the pot with the Chocolate!

3.) Stir in the Marshmallows. Make sure everything is coated in chocolate before moving on to the next step.

4.) Get a pan (A Tempered Glass Pan works the best I've found), spray it with PAM or whatever cooking spray you use, and pour the Good stuff in. Try and make it as even as possible with a rubber scraper. Throw this in to the freezer with some plastic wrap over it, and let it freeze for about three to four hours. I usually make these when I go to bed, so when I'm done I just put em in the freezer and wake up in the morning and take em out.

5.) Once frozen take em out of the freezer, and find a large cutting Knife (You'll probably have to sharpen this knife afterwards). Cut it up and server cold.

You can of course make these without peanut butter if you have an allergy.

Edit: I eat these things like once a year. They're really really good, and really really bad for you.
    Current Playing

Standard

WBWhite Black HumansBW

EDH
    GWCaptain SissayWG

WUBOrlo, Ageless AsceticBUW

WWKhemba, Kha RegentWW
    Pineapple Mango Chicken with Peppers

I've never written it down, or even measured it. I just cook it. I'll do the best I can to explain it, as it isn't too terribly hard. The measurements given below should be pretty close to accurate.

You will need for two people:

1-2 Tbs Olive Oil
    1 Tsp Chili Oil
    Crushed Red Pepper/Chili Flakes
    1 Tsp Minced Garlic
    2 Medium Chicken Breasts (boneless and skinless), thawed and cut into chunks
    1 Bottle of World Harbor Island Mango Sauce/Marinade
    1 Can of Pineapple Chunks, undrained
    1 Green Bell Pepper
    1 Yellow Bell Pepper
    1 Red Bell Pepper
    1/2 (Or more) Sweet Yellow Onion
    2-3 cups of steamed white rice

Prep: Chop the peppers and onions into 1in by 1in chunks. Steam rice and set aside, or just cook up some 5 minute rice right before serving.

Heat Olive Oil, Chili Oil, and Garlic in skillet/wok. When the garlic starts to sizzle, add Chicken Breast Chunks and cook until done, stirring frequently to keep garlic from sticking and getting too done and bitter. Drain any excess juices if needed, then add some pineapple juice (just a little) and cook the chicken until it gets a nice golden color to it. Add peppers, onions, and the remaining pineapple juice and the pineapple chunks. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the vegetables are tender with a crunch when bit and pineapple juice has mostly cooked into the food/steamed away.

Place white rice on a plate. Top with spoonfuls of the chicken/pineapple/pepper mixture. Cover with Island Harbor Mango Sauce and sprinkle with pepper flake to taste.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Sweet, crunchy, spicy, and best of all - healthy. I came up with this recipe one day when I had a lot of leftover veggies and chicken from kebobs. It ended up being damn tasty so I now make it regularly.

Edit: Next time I make it I'll attach a pic.
    Last edited by FuxAlt: 6/3/2011 3:01:52 PM
    The day you realize you too, can triforce!

▲
    ▲ ▲
    Quote from Emo_Pinata
    Chicken skin is my probably my favorite yakitori.

You make yakitori with just the skin? I'm confused.
    Quote from TheInfamousBearAssassin »
    Should I really care what some emotionally ******** emo kid, Johnny the Homocidal Maniac wannabe thinks about any issue related to morality or life in general? You're part of the problems we talk about.

Quote from Blinking Spirit
    You're describing the existentialist movement that appeared after the end of the First World War.

The proper response to which is, "Get your **** together, you big baby. You don't like it, do something about it."

Quote from ElricJC »
    But life is too short for cheap beer.
    Check the link: (tori)kawa ((とり)かわ) chicken skin, grilled until crispy
    ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
    pinoy here! I like my adobo with bannanas!
    idk. i like PHO. lol
    http://www.pomiane.com/2008/01/recipe-original-sachertorte.html

I leave it up to those more versed in baking to determine the accuracy of this sachertorte (chocolate cake with apricot jam filling) recipe. My understanding is it is:

1. Very accurate, but more importantly...
    2. DELICIOUS

Unfortunately, it's in metric, so some conversion is needed.
    Last edited by Highroller: 6/17/2011 1:53:49 PM
    Quote from TheInfamousBearAssassin »
    Should I really care what some emotionally ******** emo kid, Johnny the Homocidal Maniac wannabe thinks about any issue related to morality or life in general? You're part of the problems we talk about.

Quote from Blinking Spirit
    You're describing the existentialist movement that appeared after the end of the First World War.

The proper response to which is, "Get your **** together, you big baby. You don't like it, do something about it."

Quote from ElricJC »
    But life is too short for cheap beer.
    Heres my favorite BBQ recipe.

3 Pounds Pork (Loin is my favorite for this one)
    Enough of each wood to smoke for a total of 7 hours: Apple, Hickory, Oak
    1 Tablespoon Sweet Basil
    1 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
    2 Cloves Garlic
    About 2 Table spoons of Ginger (I literally scoop it)
    3 Ounces whiskey ( I know, weird recipe, stick with me)
    3 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
    1 Cup Katsup
    1 Tablespoon Paprika
    2 Tablespoons Tobasco Sauce
    3/4 Cup Brown sugar
    1 Tablespoon of Salt and Pepper
    Mix all those in a blender until they are finely mixed. Proceed to rub all over the meat. Cook at around 205 degrees for 7 hours. I usually put above a metal pan, and i put on extra brown sugar mixed with ketchup and whiskey every hour. About 1/2/1 parts. Aka 1 cup 2 cup 1 cup.
    Why care about the past, when the present can smack you in the face?:halo:
    Well, something easy for starters:

tortilla española (spanish omelette)

1- Take some potatoes, peel them and cut them in slim slices. Do the same with onions and garlic.
    2- Put the sliced potatoes in a regular frying pan, add a good dose of OLIVE oil
    3- Fry the potatoes until they start to get sticky, then add the sliced onions and garlic. Add salt.
    4- Take a big bowl and put 2 eggs per person eating, and beat them hard
    5- Take out the fried potatoes, onions and garlic out of the pan and put them onto the bowl with the beaten eggs. Mix a bit.
    6- Return the pan to the fire and add a bit of OLIVE oil. Return the contents of the bowl to the pan when the oil is hot.
    7- Wait a bit, the tortilla is getting consistent. the most difficult part comes now:

8a- Easy way: Cover the pan with a dish, take the pan near a sink (just in case) and turn over the pan so its contents rest in the dish that covered it. Then simply return the pan to the fire, add a bit of OLIVE oil, and return the contents of the dish to the pan.

8b- Master way: take a deep breath and with a fast wrist movement you can make the omelette flip over the pan. This is much more difficult to do than with a "regular" (french) omelette, as your tortilla has potatoes and onions inside.

Serve with beer, wine, sangría or any other mild alcoholic beverage. And nice bread is a plus too.

Enjoy!

Zaphod :jam:@ HighLight Studios

:symgw::symgw: MUSHO BETI :symgw::symgw:
    How can we let this die! NO!! I have more food to post!

My wife made ham and cheese pretzel bites for our boys bday party. She made at least 50+ of them and they were gone before anything else.

http://penniesonaplatter.com/2010/01/08/ham_cheese_pretzel_bites/

WARNING: HIGHLY ADDICTIVE! LOL

I'm a chef and this thread is tempting me to post some recipes.... Hmm...

Italian food is the best IMO. I love lasagna and pizza but my all time favorite is Arancini balls!

LOL
    Quote from Gaea"s Regent
    ... --- --..-- / .. / --. --- - / .- / .-- .- .-. -. .. -. --. / ..-. --- .-. / -.-. . -. ... --- .-. / . ...- .- ... .. --- -. --..-- / -... ..- - / .. / -.. --- / -. --- - / -... . .-.. .. . ...- . / .. - / .. ... / ..-. .- .. .-. --..-- / -... . -.-. .- ..- ... . / .. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / .... .- ...- . / - --- / .--. ..- - / -- -.-- / -.. --- - ... / .- -. -.. / -.. .- ... .... . ... / .. -. - --- / .- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. / .. -. / --- .-. -.. . .-. / - --- / ..-. .. -. -.. / --- ..- - / .-- .... .- - / .-- --- .-. -.. / .. .----. -- / - .-. -.-- .. -. --. / - --- / .--. --- ... - --..-- / - .... . -. / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / -.-. --- -. ... .. -.. . .-. / .-- .-. .. - .. -. --. / .-..-. .--- --- -.. . .-. .-..-. / .. -. / ... .--. .- -. .. ... .... / -.-. . -. ... --- .-. / . ...- .- ... .. --- -. ..--.. / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.-- --..-- / .. / -.- -. --- .-- / .. - .----. ... / .- / -- . .-. . / .-- .- .-. -. .. -. --. --..-- / .- -. -.. / - .... .- - / -. --- - .... .. -. --. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -... . / -.. --- -. . / .- -... --- ..- - / .. - --..-- / -... ..- - / .. / .--- ..- ... - / -.. --- -. .----. - / .- --. .-. . . / .-- .. - .... / - .... .. ... / .-. ..- .-.. .. -. --. .-.-.- / .. .----. .-.. .-.. / -... . / -.-. .- .-. . ..-. ..- .-.. / .. -. / - .... . / ..-. ..- - ..- .-. . / -. --- -. . - .... . .-.. . ... ... .-.-.-

This is trolling. -Galspanic

You have been banned for violating our forum rules. If you would like to appeal this ban, please create a thread here.

Reason: Habitual trolling - no hint that it will stop.
    http://www.diestoremoval.com/
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes