AIM: How to retrieve IMs received while offline?

I use AOL Intstant Messenger via Trillian, and there's something that's been bugging me for a while that I haven't been able to figure out, and it appeared again today.

When I launched trillian, two IM windows popped up:

[15:45] AOL System Msg: You just received 1 IM(s) while you were offline. If you do not wish to receive offline messages, please go to IM Settings

and

[15:45] <SN censored>: [Offline IM sent 2d and 15h ago]

There has to be a way to read that message...right? But how?

I don't understand why they couldn't just pop up a window with the content of the message rather than the useless notification seen above.
    Last edited by SSJ Alakazam: 7/27/2008 3:13:31 PM
    [Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.]
    They're gone. That's a flaw in the AIM protocol, not Trillian. Pidgin has the same problem.

Sale list highlights: FOIL Innistrad Full Set, Ponder Playmat
    Third party trade service now available — PM me for details.
    DCI Level 1 Judge
    We'd prefer you not cause your opponent's cards to cease to exist.
    Oh. Wow, that's really lame.

Oh well. Thanks for your help.
    [Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.]
    Miranda will let you get some offline msgs, but not others. I think ICQ works that way, but not AIM or MSM.
    Actually, MSN saves them. Or MSN Plus does, I'm not so sure about that. I never have problems reading messages I received while being offline.

@Alakazam: In case you have chat logs enabled (not sure whether AIM supports that) then you could just check whom the message was from and read it from there (unless it's also censored there).

Miranda also lets you read them but, personally, I don't like the user interface.
    No sig.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes