The Official Console Wars Thread

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Just when I thought I had escaped all things that annoy me, I find console wars!

Can't we all just get along?
    "HEY! Lets all go sacrifice sheep to add black mana black mana black mana to our mana pool!"
    :fingers:
    Tetris is a revolutionary game. I'm sure there are next to no other puzzle games out there that are so addictive that they make you play it again and again and again just to see what rocket you can get at the end. This just proves my point about how people prefer volence and shooting to GOOD games.
    Ans Stax,why are you talking about the N64? We live in Gamecube time now.

Because Gamecube is nothing but a sad ressusitation of the N64 with slightly better graphics capabilities, wasted on the same dreary Nintendo game stock.

(\__/)
    (o_o)
    (>Cookie
    Extendo-Sig
    Quote from gerg »

Besides which, those three games you mentioned weren't even made by Nintendo, but by Rare (which is with Microsoft now). And even if those games didn't have a story (which they most certainly did, I played them all) who the hell would play platformers for their story? Heck, the Mario series, arguably the best platformers ever, never amounted to more than "the princess is kidnapped, find her."
    Thou shalt not have others of the same Legendary or Planeswalker before me
    Thou shalt not frame images with the modern card face
    Thou shalt not change rules in vain
    Remember the Reserved List to keep it holy
    Honor thy Slivers and the symmetry of their abilities
    Thou shalt not kill mana burn
    Thou shalt not sacrifice depth for accessibility
    Thou shalt not steal combat damage from the stack
    Thou shalt tell a story through thy cards
    Thou shalt not covet anything that is Ravnica's
    sorry stax but you're wrong, if the GC was a rehash of the N64 wouldn't both LoZ games look as awesome as the new GC one(not wind waker)

Quote from Stax »
    Because Gamecube is nothing but a sad ressusitation of the N64 with slightly better graphics capabilities, wasted on the same dreary Nintendo game stock.

Dear god do you even listen to yourself???
    Gamecube is only iferior to xbox in RAM and that's about it.
    many multiplatform games(like PoP Sands of Time) have been found to run better and smoother on cube.

Hating a console is alright(i hate the PS2 after all) but making retarded comments that ar obviously wrong is another...
    ***DCI Level 2 Judge***
    I hate Hidden Path
    I was a god
    Not all shadows are cast by light—some are cast by darkness
    truer than any.
    "Ignorance is bliss"
    I will be a god,
    "Empires rise and fall but evil is eternal"
    again soon.
    Leader of the Greek Alliance
    My name is Yawgmoth
    Reality.sys corrupted.Reboot universe?
    I am a PS2 man. I will say that right now, it is the only one I own. Gamecube is also an excellent choice, and I keep wondering if I made the correct decision... anyway. This is why those two are the best, IMHO:

Good exclusive, non-PC games for the systems:
    PS2: MGS3, the Jak and Daxter games, Ratchet and Clank games, the Final Fantasies
    Gamecube: Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, SSBM, Double Dash.
    XBox: Halo 2.

Notice something there?
    Out of the current genre of consoles, I am a PS2 man - the sheer number and diversity of their games far outweighs the slightly prettier graphics you get with some of the other systems.

To be perfectly honest though - my heart has never left the SNES and Genesis era, I am yet to see a game that rivals the sheer amount of enjoyment you would get out of sitting down to a game of Lufia 2, battling through all 99 levels of the Ancient Dungeon, wandering around levelling like mad so you could beat down Gades and the other Sinistrals, and then go through the game on Replay and Gift modes. The sheer level of gameplay in the elder generation of console games is simply amazing when compared to what we are forced to accept these days.
    I have all three now, just got Xbox for Xmas.:) I'll say that each has their own good points, I cant really compare hardware, since thats nothing to me, I just have eventually gotten all of them because there are exclusive games for each platform that I want. Now if they were all to band together somehow, and make one console I would be happy. Never happening though.
    Quote from That Which Squeaks »
    Now if they were all to band together somehow, and make one console I would be happy. Never happening though.

I'm sure it could happen. Hell, you could probably fit a Gamecube and a PS2 inside an Xbox quite easily.
    Last edited by OneUglyHobbit: 1/6/2005 6:56:12 PM
    For all the XBox owners out there, I have a simple question: what exclusive games for XBox besides Halo 2 do you play? Or is it just $200-$250 for one game?
    I play:

GHTP
    Madden
    Fable
    Kotor 1 and 2
    usually.

my sig. made by me.
    I pick Gamecube because of only one game: Super Smash Bros. Melee. IMHO, it's the greatest fighter of all time. Who hasn't wanted to beat the crap out of that bimbo Peach? It's art I tell you. Sheer art.
    Rumor Mills: too many monkeys and not enough coconuts.
    Quote from Reteon »
    I pick Gamecube because of only one game: Super Smash Bros. Melee. IMHO, it's the greatest fighter of all time. Who hasn't wanted to beat the crap out of that bimbo Peach? It's art I tell you. Sheer art.

<Epiphany> Wow... I think you're right.
    I liked Escape from Butcher Bay, for the XBox. If I remember right that's Xbox exclusive.
    :alien1: MTGO Sales, enjoy!:railgun:

Ah I see. I forgot that PS2 was wildly different from PS1. You know i mean...PS2 has a two...and it has all the sequels to the games on PS1...AWESOME!

Gamecube rocks you all!

Official Weenie chef of ARD
    Do you rogue? Accepting new members now!

(\_/)
    (:symrg:.:symrg:)
    c(>
    U U
    Quote from Qwerty »
    TOS chrs do get swords,, etc, in their torso/gut/head, ive played the game begining to end, the only problem is the immortal npcs ..grrrrr, Gets mildly annoying when a important npcs doe'snt die from a gut wound (real deep wound too), whats suprised me the most is that TOS only got a 12+ rating in the uk, and the amount of swearing/violence is very high, the only word i dont remember seeing and reading is the F word.

Qwerty

We are talking about Tales of Syphonia here right? If so, I don't understand where all this foul language nonsense is coming from. The most foul word in the game is probably ass, followed by bastard, with the occasional shut up thrown in. Pretty tame if you ask me.
    If you came here expecting a signature, you've just wasted your time.
    Quote from requinox »
    We are talking about Tales of Syphonia here right? If so, I don't understand where all this foul language nonsense is coming from. The most foul word in the game is probably ass, followed by bastard, with the occasional shut up thrown in. Pretty tame if you ask me.

All i can say is that I think you skipped bits were the language was like that, unless that is, the UK release was differant to other, which I doubt.

Stax
    I take it you just dont like the GC or nintendo for that matter. You know that if you compare gfx's to gfx's the cube is on par with the x-box for power. The ATI Radeon 8500 (whats in the gc , or near enough) is comparable to the Nvida Geforce 3 TI (whats in the x-box or near enough). What i am trying to say Stax is that am not sure your looking at it objectivly and your basing your arguments on your personal views. Which is ok, but its almost like you disdain others who like the GC.

Qwerty

Legacy
    UWR delverUW
    FishU
    zooGRW
    Soladarity U

Modern
    4c delver WURG
    Fish U
    Standard
    Mono Blue devU
    White Wheenie W
    Centered text, because when you call me on it, I know you see my argument, but do not want to counter it
    Quote from wolfwood »
    I've figured it out, You type like how Ozzy Osbourn speak.

Quote from Qwerty »
    All i can say is that I think you skipped bits were the language was like that, unless that is, the UK release was differant to other, which I doubt.

I played through the game three times and didn't notice anything vulgar at all. Could you give some examples, I'm pretty sure they never said the b-word or the s-word.
    If you came here expecting a signature, you've just wasted your time.
    From memory the B word so to speak was said when lloyds DAD betrays them (again), and offensive language is used through the entire game, its genraly when they are in contact with Mithos party from the past, i am about to replay it do want me to list the language.

Qwerty
    Last edited by Qwerty: 1/9/2005 3:14:05 PM

Legacy
    UWR delverUW
    FishU
    zooGRW
    Soladarity U

Modern
    4c delver WURG
    Fish U
    Standard
    Mono Blue devU
    White Wheenie W
    Centered text, because when you call me on it, I know you see my argument, but do not want to counter it
    Quote from wolfwood »

Quote from Qwerty »
    From mempoy the B word so to speak was said when lloyds DAD betrays them (again), and offensive language is used throgh the entire game, its genraly when they are in cntact with Mithos party from the past, i am about to replay it do want me to list the language.

Qwerty

Perhaps you mistakenly bought the "RPGz Gone Wild!" edition.
    Quote from Stax »

Were you hurt by a Nintendo system in the past?

Anyway, I have a Gamecube, and am looking forward to the next Zelda game. I'm debating whether to get a DS.
    Last edited by Salubrious: 1/9/2005 4:01:00 PM

By kingcobweb and Goblinboy.

Official Elitist of [thread=40859][RBS][/thread]

Quote from kingcobweb »
    I don't understand the purpose of gimmick accounts.

-Harkius

edit: crap wrong account sorry
    I love how nintendo stuff is like invincible. You can literally take a sledgehammer to it and it'll still work.

Possibly the last remaining member of the Banana Clan (+1)
    Banana of the Month Feb '05
    Cool stuff here.
    I rember i dropped my girl friends gba out of my bedroom window, it hit the floor made a crack and thougth ''aww crap shes gonna kill me'' so i rushed down stairs and to my amazement super mario world (its proper name) was still on and bowser had just beat me :(.

Quote from OneUglyHobbit »
    Perhaps you mistakenly bought the "RPGz Gone Wild!" edition.

I will list them then.

Qwerty

Legacy
    UWR delverUW
    FishU
    zooGRW
    Soladarity U

Modern
    4c delver WURG
    Fish U
    Standard
    Mono Blue devU
    White Wheenie W
    Quote from wolfwood »

Gamecube all the way. Sony kinda sickens me with all thier parading of supiriority.i hope i live to see the day nintendo wipes the smile off sony's face
    Last edited by Vimesy: 1/9/2005 4:51:05 PM
    Official Slavering Discworld Fan of the Forum Pirates
    A Pirate

-sig by Avatar

Avvy by Votan
    Praise be to Project 's avvy and sig shop
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes