Cockatrice Project Receives C&D Letter from Hasbro

I for one am glad to see the program go. Have they shut down apprentice yet too?

MTGO is not going anywhere, time for more players to migrate to the digital world.
    Former DCI Tournament Organizer

Current MTGO Player and paper reseller/speculator.
    Quote from Doomhed
    I for one am glad to see the program go. Have they shut down apprentice yet too?

Pardon for the bump, but having not seen this thread in a while, this post just seemed like too much of a cliffhanger to leave alone. Assuming you're talking about Cockatrice, why are you glad, out of curiosity? [plus, hey, it is fun to discuss and debate this politely]
    Quote from Doomhed

MTGO is not going anywhere, time for more players to migrate to the digital world.

Cockatrice isn't even close to dead, what are you talking about? All they did was close down a single server. As long as people want to do something for free they will and there's no stopping them.
    Quote from Doomhed

First of all, your way of thinking here is wrong, Cockatrice is not dead and still runs on Woogerworks.

Second of all, Cockatrice's code is now open source, so we might see a brand new version with a brand new name comming up.

Third of all, MTGO is not the answer and it's not the best program Wizard and Hasbro could develop.

I am now requesting that this thread is closed by a moderator due to the fact that the C&D issue is now over.

Casual magic player.
    Decks:
    Elvish army: Mono Green duel, 100 cards.
    Myr emporium: White blue black duel, 88 cards.
    Grixis colored: Blue Black Red multiplayer, 60 cards.
    Artifact: All colors multiplayer, 71 cards.

Yeah, I know you will say I go overboard with the number of cards in my decks and I don't care.
    Lol butthurt much guys?

I am also to happy to see it "go"
    Yes, sure its still running on diffirent servers, but now its a bitch to update and has lost ALOT of momentum.
    I'm not past emailing wizards with the new server and letting them know about it either.

This game isin't free and shoulden't be able to be played for free.

Big thanks to Rivenor for the sig!!
    Here we go again with this... Someone just shut this down so we can end this conversation already...

Die Fools!!!

Looking for a Pokemon RP:

http://pokemonhaven223.proboards.com

Indulge your inner trainer today....
    Quote from jimmyrussles77

I'm not past emailing wizards with the new server and letting them know about it either.
    Watch out guys, I think he's crazy enough to do it!
    #define ALWAYS SOMETIMES
    #define NEVER RARELY
    #define ALL MANY

-=GIVE US SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN=-

I'm nerd enough to link my WoW Armory
    Though I'll put it in a small font. Slant

Please stop hijacking my reply box.
    The issue has been resolved and this is getting derailed. Thread closed.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes