I had raised the issue several years ago and since then I had invested thousands of hours in a solution that wasn't nearly as good as the magiccards.info filter options ...
I just want to login at magiccards.info and assign any text to any card. In addition, I would like another filter option in the advanced search to filter the my own entries.
user:top (show all cards with the user comment: "top")
user:+++ (show all cards with the user comment: "+++")
user:good (show all cards with the user comment: "good")
user:++ (show all cards with the user comment: "++")
user: playable (show all cards with the user comment: "playable")
user:+ (show all cards with the user comment: "+")
user:combo (show all cards with the user comment: "combo". Cards with combo potential)
user:sideboard (show all cards with the user comment: "sideboard")
user:side (show all cards with the user comment: "side")
user:all(basic filter option: show all cards with user comments)
user:non(basic filter option: hide all cards with user comments)
Only a single word for every user comment on a card should be allowed but every card should allow several user comments, at least five!
Only a limited number of characters should be allowed, too!
I think its necessary to force these conditions so no one can lose the overall view of there own comment/filter system, even if someone don't realy think about it ...
The option to change a user comment for all cards to another comment is also essential.
Hey Hannes, I didn't know it was you or MTGS that made MagicCards.info. I gotta say, keep up the great work!
I do have some suggestions;
- When the page loads, the text in the input element is selected. This means if I want to quickly add something to the query form, I have to be careful to deselect the text or it gets replaced. This auto-selecting of the text happens a couple seconds after load, which is awkward.
- I usually only want to look at scans, never spoilers. A cookie that remembers my preference, or an icon so I can quickly click it versus the drop down, would be convenient, though not the end of the world.
- If I only want to see gold cards, say XGW, I can't do that? (No hybrid, no mono, no tri).
- Why does Master ED IV count as new?
- Maybe sometime down the road; add combo notes? This could be user submitted (just card names); 10 identical submissions or more, combo get posted?
*I use FF, on a Mac, latest version. Beta link on page 1 isn't working for me.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Originally Posted by Negatorator> Red's new color pie feature is that it doesn't do anything.
Will MTGO: Cube be eventually added? (Obviously not soon, what with everything else.) It seems it ought to be, since many of the cards have new art.
EDIT: A more serious issue: There doesn't seem to be any escape sequence so you can use quotes inside a quoted string. Could you add a way to do that? Maybe allow quoting strings with either " or ' so ' can be used if there are quotes inside?
I posted this message in Technical Support but this thread is probably a much better place for it...
I was wondering who created the mockup images for the masters edition I-IV sets that magiccards.info uses. I was interested in using them but I'd like to get the approval of the creators first. If there's a specific source for them that I'm not aware of, that would be great as well. Thanks in advance!
Just noticed that the "Color Identity" filter is a bit off. For example, if one were to search for all cards with color identity in Bant multicolor (ci:wugm), Sunscape BattlemageSHOULD show up, but it doesn't.