MagicCards.Info Beta Preview

I tried clicking it just now and it isnt working. Frown whats up with that?
    I enjoy this website but what i want to know is, how do you sure for a "pure" creature type? such as only a Human, not a Human Archer, Human Soldier, etc...

and on a side note, I can't figure out the filter option for the life of me. It always returns nothing, what am i doing wrong?
    Quote from ID15
    I enjoy this website but what i want to know is, how do you sure for a "pure" creature type? such as only a Human, not a Human Archer, Human Soldier, etc...

and on a side note, I can't figure out the filter option for the life of me. It always returns nothing, what am i doing wrong?

You can access the website?
    In addition to the "HTML Link to this card" and "BBCode Link to this card" which link to the exact card, could you add a similar link by name?

For example,

Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle has this link:
    Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
    Whereas I'm asking for this:
    Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
    because the second link is self-describing.

Or maybe the card name link at the top of the page could link this way?
    Hi Smile

Is it possible to add the "pauper" validation next to the cards pls
    along with the ability to seartch for pauper eligable cards in the advanced search ?

Hope you understand the question as my englisch isnt so good .

Thx and GL

Good site BTW !!!
    I have no clue what your talking about Joeey? I just want to know how to refine the search engine a certain way.
    Are translators still needed? I could provide czech translation of the site...
    By the way, Ravager of the Fells is showing up on different color searches, e.g. blue DKA cards.
    Quote from void_nothing
    Oh my God, you took him seriously.

Quote from KoolKoal
    No

ME and CC should be ashamed. They actually managed to make the spam less interesting than usual.
    The judge promo cards are jumbled up. For example, if you go to look at the price of Orim's Chant, judge version, you see the price of the judge promo Vindicate.

Almost gave me a heart attack, I was seeing Maze of Ith for $15!
    Magiccards.info is terrible because no one uses it correctly.

Also because it's terrible for the same way scrye was terrible.
    I had raised the issue several years ago and since then I had invested thousands of hours in a solution that wasn't nearly as good as the magiccards.info filter options ...

I just want to login at magiccards.info and assign any text to any card. In addition, I would like another filter option in the advanced search to filter the my own entries.

syntax examples:
    user:top (show all cards with the user comment: "top")
    user:+++ (show all cards with the user comment: "+++")

user:good (show all cards with the user comment: "good")
    user:++ (show all cards with the user comment: "++")

user: playable (show all cards with the user comment: "playable")
    user:+ (show all cards with the user comment: "+")

user:combo (show all cards with the user comment: "combo". Cards with combo potential)

user:sideboard (show all cards with the user comment: "sideboard")
    user:side (show all cards with the user comment: "side")

user:all (basic filter option: show all cards with user comments)
    user:non (basic filter option: hide all cards with user comments)

Only a single word for every user comment on a card should be allowed but every card should allow several user comments, at least five!
    Only a limited number of characters should be allowed, too!
    I think its necessary to force these conditions so no one can lose the overall view of there own comment/filter system, even if someone don't realy think about it ...

The option to change a user comment for all cards to another comment is also essential.
    Last edited by enemy: 3/1/2012 7:37:28 AM
    Hi, I want to report that there is an error in the italian translation of Highborn Ghoul: in italian is "Ghoul d'Alto Lignaggio", and not "Ghoul Nobile". It's wrong also in the Gatherer... O__O
    Season's Beatings has "bloodsoaked" misspelled in the flavor text.

Spawnsire of Ulamog still has his ability cost text incorrect. Gatherer is the same. Do we mirror Gatherer's text?
    Striped Bears's <http://magiccards.info/wl/en/82.html> flavour text is misspelled.
    "The bear is never cautious -- which is why it wasn't born a human."

There are a rather large number of errors I've noticed. I was how these might have arisen. Would you care to shed some light on how these data are derived or added?
    Quote from enemy
    I had raised the issue several years ago and since then I had invested thousands of hours in a solution that wasn't nearly as good as the magiccards.info filter options ...

I just want to login at magiccards.info and assign any text to any card. In addition, I would like another filter option in the advanced search to filter the my own entries.
    Confused Sorry, what are you saying? Why the bolded, different-coloured text?

If this is what I think you're saying, I personally don't see much utility in that. Well, at least not worth the effort. It's much too variable, to start with.
    I just realized there's no way to search planeswalkers by loyalty. Any chance we could get a "loy" attribute to go with pow, tou, and cmc?
    Goblins seem to be attacking again.
    Hey Hannes, I didn't know it was you or MTGS that made MagicCards.info. I gotta say, keep up the great work!

I do have some suggestions;

- When the page loads, the text in the input element is selected. This means if I want to quickly add something to the query form, I have to be careful to deselect the text or it gets replaced. This auto-selecting of the text happens a couple seconds after load, which is awkward.

- I usually only want to look at scans, never spoilers. A cookie that remembers my preference, or an icon so I can quickly click it versus the drop down, would be convenient, though not the end of the world.

- If I only want to see gold cards, say XGW, I can't do that? (No hybrid, no mono, no tri).

- Why does Master ED IV count as new?

- Maybe sometime down the road; add combo notes? This could be user submitted (just card names); 10 identical submissions or more, combo get posted?

*I use FF, on a Mac, latest version. Beta link on page 1 isn't working for me.

Originally Posted by Pizzabagel >
    It's like Bloodghast shat all over itself.

Originally Posted by Negatorator >
    Red's new color pie feature is that it doesn't do anything.

19 Questions I asked Maro >
    Is this correct?

cmc=3 t:"creature" f:standard ci:r

This should get me all 3cmc red creatures in standard right? Yet it also list artifact creatures as well. Is this a bug, or am I not searching correctly?
    Use this

cmc=3 t:"creature" f:standard c:r
    Will MTGO: Cube be eventually added? (Obviously not soon, what with everything else.) It seems it ought to be, since many of the cards have new art.

EDIT: A more serious issue: There doesn't seem to be any escape sequence so you can use quotes inside a quoted string. Could you add a way to do that? Maybe allow quoting strings with either " or ' so ' can be used if there are quotes inside?
    Last edited by Sniffnoy: 4/23/2012 3:08:48 AM
    I posted this message in Technical Support but this thread is probably a much better place for it...

I was wondering who created the mockup images for the masters edition I-IV sets that magiccards.info uses. I was interested in using them but I'd like to get the approval of the creators first. If there's a specific source for them that I'm not aware of, that would be great as well. Thanks in advance!
    Nice reorganization of the special sets! I'm surprised to see Collector's Edition added (or was that always there?). Does that mean the various World Championship decks will eventually be added, too?
    I just noticed there's error on the sitemap:

At the Korean sets, Dark Ascension is not placed properly in the Innistrad Cycle, and the whole Zendikar Cycle is placed outside the list.
    Are the Micropose cards ever going to be added?
    I know, bad graphics and unplayable, but still.

Also, the cards that were dessinged as promo for "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" would be nice.
    Just noticed that the "Color Identity" filter is a bit off. For example, if one were to search for all cards with color identity in Bant multicolor (ci:wugm), Sunscape Battlemage SHOULD show up, but it doesn't.

Just a mention.

Glorious avatar and signature done by Rivenor at Miraculous Recovery Signatures.

***Former MCC Organizer***
    Come join us! Show us your creative side.

I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English. If you believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure, then copy this into your signature.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes