Polukranos, Worldeater

What if instead of using counters as heads, it uses Head tokens instead (like the "Fight the Hydra" deck for the Hero's Path thing)?
    (W/U)(U/B)(B/R)(R/G)(G/W)(W/B)(B/G)(G/U)(U/R)(R/W)
    Polukranos, World Eater
    GG2

Trample, Devour 2

For each 1 damage that would be dealt to ~, if it has a +1/+1 counter on it, remove a +1/+1 counter from it and prevent that 1 damage.

When ~ dies, put X X/X Hydra tokens onto the battlefield, where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on ~.

4/4
    Last edited by jhneoh: 7/25/2013 2:58:03 AM
    On Liliana of the Veil:

Quote from Valarin
    I can't believe anyone is excited about this card. It is absolutely unplayable. I wouldn't even play her in LIMITED. Easily the worst walker printed since the green elf one. Absolutely terrible.
    Most Hydras have X in their cost or start underpowered, so I'd say it etb with 3 counters, also it probably has trample. Worldeater sounds like destroying lands, but there are many ways to use that:
    -Sacrifice a land: Put X +1/+1 counters on ~
    -Whenever ~ deals combat damage, destroy target land, then put X +1/+1 counters on ~
    -At the beginning of your upkeep, each player sacrifices a land, then you double the +1/+1 counters on ~

EDIT: Just saw the first 5 minutes of the San Diego Comic Con Panel. Apparently Polukranos is quite strong and showing up in a lot of decks, hmm...
    Last edited by DisRaptor: 7/25/2013 4:21:20 AM
    My guess for the returning mechanic in Theros: Scry
    Maybe we'll see "Runes" as a new type of enchantments Nodding the Affirmative
    Kiora for Born of the Gods, maybe?
    4 ability planeswalker in Theros block, go!
    2014 Block: Monocolor matters
    2015 Block: Zendikar 2.0
    2016 Block: Bizzaralara
    I'm going deep guys.

4GG

Sacrifice a land: put two +1/+1 counters on Polunkranos, and Polunkranos gains trample until end of turn.

Whenever Polunkranos deals combat damage to a player, that player sacrifices a land and you may search your library for a basic land and put it into play tapped.

5/6

Sure is a nice Library you got there.. be a shame if something were to happen to it...
    I'm going deep guys.

4GG

Sacrifice a land: put two +1/+1 counters on Polunkranos, and Polunkranos gains trample until end of turn.

Whenever Polunkranos deals combat damage to a player, that player sacrifices a land and you may search your library for a basic land and put it into play tapped.

5/6

Unlikely, since we know he costs 2GG. But I could actually see somthing similiar on a smaller creature. Maybe just one counter?
    My Decks

T2
    B Infect

Casual
    B Vampires
    BUG Melira
    WUB Arifacts
    RGW Naya
    BGW Skullbriar Revival

Casual EDH
    WBR Kaalia of the Vast
    WB Teysa, Orzhov Scion
    Polukranos, World Eater
    Polukranos, World Eater enters the battlefield with four +1/+1 counters
    As long as there is a +1/+1 counter on Polukranos, World Eater it has trample and indestructible
    Tap; Exile target noncreature permanent
    Tap; Exile all other permanents activate this ability only if there are ten or more +1/+1 counters on Polukranos, World Eater
    Whenever Polukranos, World Eater exiles a permanent put a +1/+1 on it
    Any opponent may tap a creature to remove a +1/+1 counter from Polukranos, World Eater
    0/2

Would like to see others ideas and thoughts
    Too powerful. If I'm not mistaken, didn't they spoil the mana cost as 2GG? I could be totally wrong on that so just say so if that's the case :p

I think a 4 mana creature with tap: exile target noncreature permanent would be absolutely busted.

EDIT
    On the first page it shows 2GG for mana cost, so I'm assuming that's what it costs.
    Horde
    BBB Two Hundred Zombies BBB

Duel Commander
    WRBoros Tajic, Wrath of the Manlands BorosRW

Commander
    WBOrzhov Vish Kal, Corrupt Judge OrzhovBW
    :dimir::simic::golgari: Mimeoplasm, Screw Politics :golgari::simic::dimir:
    BGGolgari Skullbriar, Relentless Assault GolgariGB
    WUBRG Karona, Jank God GRBUW
    RRRR Adamaro, the Earth Shattered RRRR
    World Eater made me think of terravore. Maybe something like:

trample
    ~ has power and toughness equal to (2?) + the number of land cards in all in graveyards.
    Destroy a (noncreature) permanent whenever ~ deals combat damage.

Worldslayer destroyed more than just lands so this guy could as well.
    Quote from SAUS9001
    Too powerful. If I'm not mistaken, didn't they spoil the mana cost as 2GG? I could be totally wrong on that so just say so if that's the case :p

I think a 4 mana creature with tap: exile target noncreature permanent would be absolutely busted.

EDIT
    On the first page it shows 2GG for mana cost, so I'm assuming that's what it costs.

Polukranos, World Eater
    Polukranos, World Eater enters the battlefield with four +1/+1 counters
    As long as there is a +1/+1 counter on Polukranos, World Eater it has trample and indestructible
    Tap,GG; Exile target noncreature permanent
    Tap,GGG2; Exile all other permanents activate this ability only if there are ten or more +1/+1 counters on Polukranos, World Eater
    Whenever Polukranos, World Eater exiles a permanent put a +1/+1 on it
    Any opponent may tap a creature to remove a +1/+1 counter from Polukranos, World
    0/2

Sorry forgot to put the mana cost for its abilities lol
    Novablast Wurm comes to mind.

Being multi-headed will have an effect, and being a hydra most likely means +1/+1 counters.
    Standard - BRG Dredge
    Modern - BRG Living End
    Legacy - W Death & Taxes
    Commander - WGB Karador, Ghost Chieftain Reanimator

Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    Worldgorger Dragon for 4CMC...GOGO! Nodding the Affirmative
    Quote from Cz »

I hate you Cz (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ . Ok. let's all calm down and take a deep breath. ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ). Better?
    I like this though it may or maynot be broken.

2GG

Trample

Whenever Polu comes into play, destroy target non-creature permanent.

Polukranos enters the battlefield with 3 +1/+1 Counters on it.

Whenever a land is put into a graveyard from play put 2 +1/+1 counters on him

Sacrifice a land - Regenerate Polu
    Polukranos, Worldeater :2mana::symg::symg:
    Creature
    Feed. (Sacrifice target permanent you control, put a +1/+1 counter on Polukranos, Worldeater)
    If Polukranos has 3 or more +1/+1 counters on it, it gains trample.
    If Polukranos, Worldeater has 6 or more +1/+1 counters on it, it gains indestructible.
    (3/3)

Now act of treason and crucible of worlds will be awesome again.

Worldeater Neonate green mana
    Creature
    Feed.
    If Worldeater Neonate has 1 or more +1/+1 counters on it, it gains hexproof
    (0/1)
    I want a busted, high risk/high reward type creature. One that either will win on the spot or kill you in a blaze of glory:

Polukranos, Worldeater
    2GG

Trample

When Polukranos ETB, exile all permanents you control. Put a +1/+1 counter on Polukranos for each non-land card exiled this way.

Whenever you play a permanent, remove a +1/+1 counter.

If Polukranos leaves the battlefield or dies, it deals damage to you equal to its power.

8/8

The last ability at least keeps blinking shennanigans in check. And having it Doom Bladed after exiling your field AND causing you to loose life? Blaze of Glory self-death fulfilled.
    Legacy:

BU Reanimator
    BWG Stoneblade

Modern:

Not even caring anymore

Standard:

Changes daily Slant
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes