Boros Charm

Boros Charm - WR
    Instant (U)
    Choose one - Attacking creatures get +2/+0 until end of turn; or Destroy target blocked creature; or Target creature gains double strike until end of turn.

Trumpet Blast, Smite and Double Cleave.

What else you think it could have ?
    DnC

Quote from ThisIsNotMyName
    Trinisphere. A card made by the devil, forged in Hell, and played by only the most evil of players. Last time I played against one, I performed an exorcism, and as he screamed, his deck caught fire, and the unharmed Trinisphere was sucked into the earth. The player was hospitalized, but no cute cuddly animals were harmed. Lesson? Don't play Trinisphere.
    Charms are designed so that they're an effect each colour can get for one mana, and one that both can get for that cost. Trumpet Blast and Double Cleave are 3 and 2 mana respectively.

Personally, I think it'll be something like
    Boros Charm - WR
    Instant - U
    Choose one - Destroy target enchantment; or Boros Charm deals 2 damage to target creature or player; or target creature gets +1/0 and first strike until end of turn.

Demystify,Shock and the many variants onSwift Justice
    Highly doubt they will print charms with the same effects.
    Golgari charm destroys enchantments.
    Izzet charm shocks.
    I think it would be rather hilarious to have 2 of the 3 modes be healing salve and lightning bolt, just as a way to troll people looking for a lightning helix reprint.
    so long as we're going ridiculous, i want 1 damage to creature or player, apostle's blessing and double-strike.
    I am thinking along the lines of

choose one: deals damage ala arc trail but with added lifegain effect; or search for red creature card with cc 1 or less; or search for white creat card with 1 cc or less and put it to your hand.
    I am thinking stop 1 damage, loot 1 card/discard a card, do 3 damage to player or creature.

Yeah I know it would be very powerful, one can wish.
    Back to limited, I wash my hands of Modern. It was fun while it lasted, but the format is no longer fun for me.
    Quote from LeDiableBlanc
    I am thinking along the lines of

choose one: deals damage ala arc trail but with added lifegain effect; or search for red creature card with cc 1 or less; or search for white creat card with 1 cc or less and put it to your hand.

That would be pretty cool if it could tutor up white or red creatures with CMC less than 1. Maybe it would signal a black bordered Little Girl functional reprint? Wink
    Moving abilities between Charms would suck a little bit, so no destroy Enchantments etc., and damage would such, as Izzet Charm would probably just have a strictly better or strictly worse ability. 1 to target Creature/player would just be a bit bad compared to killing a guy with X/2, and printing something like Lightning Bolt would make Izzet Charm strictly worse, so it'd be more of a Lava Spike effect, which I could see, but not for the Boros one. Seems odd.

Quote from LordSaturn
    I am personally in the 'patents are an unnecessary evil' camp.

Quote from jturphy
    Quote from H2O4Sho
    Smart move by Wizards, finally
    Yeah. The most profitable portion of the largest toy company in the world had clearly been making terrible decisions the last two years.
    It's been stated that this cycle of 2 colour charms always have one ability the first colour can do, one the second colour can do, and one both colours can do. Ruling out all the effects of Red and White charms from the RTR cycle, heres my take on Boros:

Boros Charm WR
    Instant
    Choose one - Prevent the next 3 damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn; or up to two target creatures attack if able this turn; or target blocked or blocking creature gains double strike until the end of turn.

It's Boros, so everything should be combat related; and with the possible exception of the "2 creatures attack" everything seems weak enough for a charm..... I was working off Incite and Into the Fray logic, forcing one attack just seemed slightly too weak.

Thoughts?
    Double strike for 2 just seems o.p. to me.

Boros is all about damage. I cant see them doing the charm without having damage involved, even with the Izzet issue.
    Back to limited, I wash my hands of Modern. It was fun while it lasted, but the format is no longer fun for me.
    Quote from bocephus
    Double strike for 2 just seems o.p. to me.

Boros is all about damage. I cant see them doing the charm without having damage involved, even with the Izzet issue.

That's why you give D.S. only to blocking or blocked creatures. Again Boros Charm should be all about combat.
    Harm's Way, Incite, or creatures you control gain first strike until end of turn.
    A Think Twice in hand is worth two in the grave.

You can find me on MTGO. My username is gereffi.
    My guess:

Boros Charm - Uncommon
    RW
    Instant
    Choose one - Put a 1/1 Soldier creature token with first strike into play, or Boros Charm deals 2 damage to target attacking or blocking creature, or target creature gains double strike until end of turn.
    Quote from PhyrexianWeezil
    My guess:

Boros Charm - Uncommon
    RW
    Instant
    Choose one - Put a 1/1 Soldier creature token with first strike into play, or Boros Charm deals 2 damage to target attacking or blocking creature, or target creature gains double strike until end of turn.

This looks printable. The effects are plausible, and one of them are usable at any state of the game. Though I actually think it looks a little underwhelming. Maybe that's just me.
    Quote from WoodWraith
    They left out the part where Yawgmoth is resurrected,but has been cleansed as Yawgmoth the Redeemed,and now must awaken Chromium so that Karn can fuse with him and create what can only be known as : the ultimate taco.
    Quote from PhyrexianWeezil
    My guess:

Boros Charm - Uncommon
    RW
    Instant

The token effect does not match very well with Boros-style, as far as I remember from original Ravnica, there were no token cards for boros.

The second effect is the white one, the third effect is the mixture. I think the first effect should be more red, with something like "Target creature can't block" effect or even a Haste effect.
    Standard:
    BR RkDW-Aggro | UBR Cruel Grixis-Control
    Legacy:
    WW Soldier Tribal-Aggro| WW Stax-Control
    Modern:
    RW Artifact Boros-Aggro | GB The Rock-Midrange
    Quote from Nikeyeia
    This looks printable. The effects are plausible, and one of them are usable at any state of the game. Though I actually think it looks a little underwhelming. Maybe that's just me.

In my opinion, some of the charms were kind of underpowered and almost useless (Rakdos, and if not playing against tokens, Azorius to a lesser extent.) I was trying to keep it "one-mana weak." Kind of hard to do, but I also did type that early in the morning with no coffee in sight Smile
    Quote from Reon Ethbarri
    The token effect does not match very well with Boros-style, as far as I remember from original Ravnica, there were no token cards for boros.

The second effect is the white one, the third effect is the mixture. I think the first effect should be more red, with something like "Target creature can't block" effect or even a Haste effect.

I was responding to all the charm spec posts for fun and used the "can't block" mechanic guess on Gruul instead. Gruul just seemed better than Boros for the "Hey, I've got a 4/4 and I'd really like to sneak by your 0/6 and hit you with it" mechanic.
    PhyrexianWeezil
    Gruul just seemed better than Boros for the "Hey, I've got a 4/4 and I'd really like to sneak by your 0/6 and hit you with it" mechanic.

You somehow got the Dimir confused with the Gruul.The Gruul do not sneak around.The 4/4 trys to smash the 0/6.Then when the 0/6 doesnt die the 4/4 gets pissed and then smashs it.

At least with the Boros it makes some sense since they cause confusion sometimes when bringing order.

While "can't block" on spells is usually red since it suppose to be about confusion it may end up on the black part of the Dimir charm to fit with the secretiveness of the guild.

gereffi
    Harm's Way, Incite, or creatures you control gain first strike until end of turn.

Aside from the color changing part i agree.They're focusing more on the feel of the guild and less on the colors they happen to be.
    WOut of the ground,I rise to grace.W
    Well, sorry for the dig on this thread, I just didn't want to make a new one, but, you guys, remember how Lightning Helix was popular and was, probably, the favorite Boros card by many players? I guess the third effect of Boros Charm will be something like Lightning Helix, causing like, 2 damage to target creature or player and you gain 2 life. They aren't reprinting the good spells from Ravnica, so, makes me think that this could be true.

(Give your LGS judge a hug. He deserves it.)

Nothing. All I want is Heroes vs. Monsters spoilers.
    You gotta remember the pattern that all the charms are made from which is 1 red spell 1 white spell and 1 spell that could be red or white

My guess is Prevent the next 2 damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn. If damage is prevented this way ~ deals 2 damage to another target creature or player, Creatures target player control can't block this turn, or Target creatures gains +1/+0 and Double Strike until end of turn

Modes are Harm's Way, Falter and Double Cleave ish
    How about

W: You gain 4 life
    R: Deals 4 damage to target creature
    WR: Deals 3 damage to target creature or player and you gain 3 life.
    sounds like lightning helix dannos...

How about

Exile Target Enchantment.
    Put a 3/1 Elemental With haste into play with sacrifice at end of turn
    Target creature you control gain Haste and Doublestrike until EoT
    Dreamcrushing
    Dannos, I'm definately sure that this won't happen in Magic. Like, in the whole history of Magic. Because Lightning Helix.

(Give your LGS judge a hug. He deserves it.)

Nothing. All I want is Heroes vs. Monsters spoilers.
    Double cleave, healing salve (damage prevention), trumpet blast (only half)

On Modern Masters 2:
    Quote from Serafiend
    just remember wotc, be sure to keep that print run in check. we don't wanna upset players of mtg: the stock market, after all.

My Ban Senses are tingling about Bloodbraid Elf in Modern. Just Saying. You heard it here first. 10/18/2012.
    ^ Will be kept until 12/31/2013 to prove if Right or Wrong. Proven right 1/27/2013

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes