[GTC] Simic Charm

This is a fake probably - i got this art from Russia from my friend:
    ATTACHMENTS
    • Simic Charm
    Yeah, the set symbol seems tacked on.

Plus, it seems like its number is 223, when there should be a hybrid card at that spot.
    I won't comment on whether or not it looks fake (I've seen to many people eat their hats with comments like that) but I will say it seems a bit too.....good. Nonland permanent bounce, hexproof, and a potential 3/3 (risky true, but at instant speed it can be played safely).

If it's real, I know what my first 4 of in the Simic deck will be lol.
    Yeah. It would function as a nice removal spell pretty often with that land being able to take mothas down at that point of the game. Don't know if it's real or not, but it is interesting.
    Don't start nothin' won't be nothin'
    It seems pretty Simic, I'm calling it real.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not." - John Lennon
    The abilities seem realistic enough, I'm not an expert at all on photoshop/editing techniques but I wouldn't be surprised at all if this turned out to be Simic Charm.
    Standard:
    Bident Layers
    B Devotion
    RG Devotion
    UW Control

Modern:
    Jund
    UW Control
    Combo Pod

Legacy:

DeathBlade
    RUG Delver
    BUG Control

shouldnt it usually tell you what color or type the animated land becomes?

abilities feel right, but I doubt this is the real deal.
    Quote from Miku
    shouldnt it usually tell you what color or type the animated land becomes?

abilities feel right, but I doubt this is the real deal.

Animate Land doesn't, that only seems to be featured on man-lands where color identity is already shown by the colors it produces. A spell is kind of a different animal.
    Standard:
    Bident Layers
    B Devotion
    RG Devotion
    UW Control

Modern:
    Jund
    UW Control
    Combo Pod

Legacy:

DeathBlade
    RUG Delver
    BUG Control

It's fake. Where would a digital image of a card come from?
    A Think Twice in hand is worth two in the grave.

You can find me on MTGO. My username is gereffi.
    Quote from gereffi
    It's fake. Where would a digital image of a card come from?

what do you think they print from?
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not." - John Lennon
    what do you think they print from?

If one is able to get his hands on Simic Charm through this method, he would be able to get the whole set. And if someone had the whole set, I doubt that the first thing shown off would be Simic Charm.
    A Think Twice in hand is worth two in the grave.

You can find me on MTGO. My username is gereffi.
    None of the abilities seem hard to believe, both in terms of flavor and power level. I hope it's fake though, because I'm really hoping for a stifle effect on one of the Simic Charm modes.
    Well, I'll say it again and bold my words this time, maybe people will read.

THE CARD IS FAKE. THE COLLECTOR NUMBER IS INCORRECT.

The collector number on the card is 22x, a card this far would be a hybrid card or maybe an artifact, but definitely not a gold card.
    http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=465574
    Quote from Tackman
    Well, I'll say it again and bold my words this time, maybe people will read.

THE CARD IS FAKE. THE COLLECTOR NUMBER IS INCORRECT.

The collector number on the card is 22x, a card this far would be a hybrid card or maybe an artifact, but definitely not a gold card.
    http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=465574

Be careful with proclaiming this too loudly. I've seen plenty of leaked cards on this site that turned out legit. I agree with your reasoning however, but you never know for certain lol.
    All of the charms have followed this format:
    - One mode of one color
    - One mode of the other color
    - One mode that both colors can do

Looking at this, the animate land ability is clearly green, the bounce ability is clearly blue, and the hexproof ability is something both colors can do. So this card from a design standpoint is completely legit... though I can't say the same thing for the render.
    What seems odd too me is that the text reads that the land becomes just a "creature". It seems like it should have a type. Maybe I'm just nitpicking.
    What seems odd too me is that the text reads that the land becomes just a "creature". It seems like it should have a type. Maybe I'm just nitpicking.

//gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?text=+[that's">+[still]+[a]+[land]"]Here's a link to several cards that animate lands. Not all specify a creature type.

So it's plausible, but I tend to think it's unlikely that this is the card.
    "Ask the right questions in the right way and truth is inevitable."
    —Lazav

Mafia Stats

Summary:
    Total Win %: 40%
    Total Scum Win %: 60%
    Total Town Win %: 20%
    Total Neutral Win %: 0%
    I would like some commentary on the artwork, has this art been seen any where else?
    If the artwork has been seen elsewhere then I would say it is likely a fake. But if this artwork is new I would put my money on genuine.
    Quote from Phyrexetherium
    I would like some commentary on the artwork, has this art been seen any where else?
    If the artwork has been seen elsewhere then I would say it is likely a fake. But if this artwork is new I would put my money on genuine.

The art is quite readily available-
    it was in the Facebook Art Fight,
    and it's in the Simic "fan kit" as well.

Azorius
    SimicSimic
    Orzhov
    Reprint Stasis!
    Control needs more love.
    Dimir

EDH:

:simic:Momir Vig, Simic Visionary:simic:
    :izzet:Melek, Izzet Paragon:izzet:
    :dimir:Oona, Queen of the Fae:dimir:
    :azorius:Bruna, Light of Alabaster:azorius:
    :boros:Gisela, Blade of Goldnight:boros:
    :golgari:Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord:golgari:
    :dimir:Sen Triplets:orzhov:
    :simic:The Mimeoplasm:dimir:
    WUBRGSliver OverlordGRBUW
    The fan kits have Zoltan Boros artwork that appear to be the Charms. For example, if you download the Golgari kit, you'll see the artwork that became Golgari Charm. So it is reasonable to expect that the similar Simic art from that kit is the Simic Charm.

This is not me saying I think this is legit. Merely pointing out that just because the artwork is available is not an automatic strike against it. I really want this charm to be real so I can slam four of them into a Bant deck. Instant speed hexproof? Yes please!
    My Decks:

Innistrad-RTR

UWR Flash: 7-1, 1 FNM Win-A-Box
    Rakdos Aggro: 20-8
    UW Flash: 11-5
    Boros Aggro: 3-1
    Jund: 42-12-3, 4 TNM Win-A-Box, 2 Koopa Standard IQs, Gatecrash Game Day Champion, M14 Game Day Champion

RTR - Theros

RDW 6-0 1 TNM Win-A-Box
    Esper Control 7-4
    Boros Burn 3-1
    RW Devotion 3-1
    Monoblack Devotion 8-4

Hoping it is fake because all three modes are meh. Maybe the animate land for some bootleg land destruction but the extra blue for a weak vines of vastwood and crappy disperse? All the other charms did so much more...
    To the people that say that a card needs to be a higher rarity because of Limited... I hate you guys so much. I present to you with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY8h2vp5Xis
    Also, disperse is worth 2 mana. Bouncing a creature is 1 mana, bouncing a nonland permament is 2 mana. Charms are said to have effects costing 1 mana.
    Art is real, card probably not. (based on the card number).
    Sig made by the awesome Rivenor!
    the golgari charm gives all dudes -1/-1 that costs 3 mana and azorious charm has griptide on it which is a 4 mana thing selesnia puts a 2/2 knight with vigelance and rakdos has the each creature does 1 damage to their controller. the only charm which all abilitys are one mana is the izzet charm.
    I am petitioning for the removal of mythic rarity and boycotting overpriced singles. Sig this to join the cause for a more affordable Magic the Gathering.:o
    Quote from colesy4971
    Let's complain about no Tarmogoyf reprint. Oh they're reprinting it? At mythic? TIME TO COMPLAIN AGAIN.

Quote from Senior Gomez

Holy bat-nipples bat man! Thanks to the power of basic mathematics we know that the MSRP per booster box of Modern Master is $167.76! Gee, thanks math!
    I say fake purely by the rendering, but this card feels very real...perhaps it was mocked up, but its the real card? Grin

Thanks to Rivenor for the signature and XenoNinja for the Avi!

Quotes:

Quote from Konstant1n
    I was wondering why Council of the Absolute had the 'non-creature' clause then I remembered... This is modern magic.

Quote from SteB
    I saw Elvis riding a unicorn with his buddy Michael Jackson on the night sky yesterday. You can say it didnt happen all you want. It did.

Quote from Mastodon
    When I throw a deck together, all I do is stick 3 surgical extractions and 3 pithing needles in the sideboard. Then I think to myself "that'll do"

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes