Black on Black promo price

I just bought two of these at the inflated price too Frown but I'm going to give one away at an August event at my store and then I will thank about keeping the other one for myself or I might do another tournament for it too. But I truly doubt it.
    Quote from Arkenstone
    I'm aware of this, I have my plans in order Wink

...as do I Cool

Now to live on the Hasbro site for a few days.
    "I prepared explosive runes this morning"
    Are there any better pics than the ones earlier in this thread?
    Quote from scatteredsun
    Are there any better pics than the ones earlier in this thread?

I don't think so. When I get mine in the mail, I will take some hi-res picks.

Quote from kalkris
    I am kind of amazed at [...] the fact that somebody on this thread called Mind's Eye, Mirari's Wake, Decree of Pain, Desertion, AND Scroll Rack, all before they were officially spoiled. I will edit this post VERY shortly with the username of this user who deserves at least all of the cookies. Probably more cookies than that.

EDIT: Robert, you win so many cookies.
    Any confirmation on how many per customer?
    Quote from pandafarmer
    Well now I'm a believer. Those look amazing. Glad they weren't as poor looking as the Garruk they put up on the mothership.

Kind of wish it was the original 5 walkers... would have been really nostalgic and sweet.

They do look better than I was expecting based off of that first Garruk picture. I agree, I wish it was the original 5 mainly because my Modern deck needs a 4th promo version of Jace Beleren. The original one (while still nice artwork) doesn't hold up well against the other promo versions.

Credit to Hakai Studios and Argetlam
    W/B mana The Meek of Orzhova (under construction)

EDH your cares away, Standard's for another day.
    MTGO: TheWagonBaron
    Why is anyone even investing in this over-priced set when they could be purchasing "good" planeswalkers like JTMS and Elspeth and so on?
    Quote from Arkenstone
    So has anyone asked at the booth if there IS an extra supply of promos to be sold online after the event, or if it'll just be leftovers? Because if it's just leftovers...I don't think I'll even get a shot at grabbing them on the site.

Well, no, if it is just leftover you won't because they sold out yesterday

New news to report. Apparently WotC messed up and didn't give their allotment out over the course of all 4 days. These items are completely SOLD OUT! Get them on E-Bay before they shoot up to $500. I asked 3 different hasbro employee's and they said it's the first time they've seen such a limited quantity go so fast.

Usually they have a stock for each day but WotC screwed up. Get them now if you want them because they are EXTREMELY limited. Also NONE will be going up for sale on the website as the stock for the entire convention was blown through in the first day (2 days if you count preview night).

This information is from the convention center floor, I just talked to them so it's solid. If anything changes I'll keep you guys updated. (I'm so glad I got my two) These are going to be worth a ridiculous amount of money a few years from now.
    I would chose my own religion, worship my own spirit. So if he ever preached to me I wouldn't have to hear it
    I'd name him a forgotten God, languishing in shame. Then if I hit stormy seas I'd have myself to blame
    Quote from taker324
    Why is anyone even investing in this over-priced set when they could be purchasing "good" planeswalkers like JTMS and Elspeth and so on?

I already have three Elspeth and have little-to-no desire to own Jace the Money Sculptor. However, I do have a couple of Commander decks that I like to pimp, and I know no one else at my LGS will have these.

Quote from kalkris
    I am kind of amazed at [...] the fact that somebody on this thread called Mind's Eye, Mirari's Wake, Decree of Pain, Desertion, AND Scroll Rack, all before they were officially spoiled. I will edit this post VERY shortly with the username of this user who deserves at least all of the cookies. Probably more cookies than that.

EDIT: Robert, you win so many cookies.
    Jut got told they ran out of boxes for the convention. In made line since 4 am and couldn't get one : /
    Here's my updated trade list, take a look!

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=447952
    Quote from taker324

Because it's a collectable card game. Exclusive art + packaging + 1 day to get it + extremely limited supply + only sold in person at comic-con = $$$$BIG$$$$

These will be more than the Media Insert Jace as he was sold to way more people.
    I would chose my own religion, worship my own spirit. So if he ever preached to me I wouldn't have to hear it
    I'd name him a forgotten God, languishing in shame. Then if I hit stormy seas I'd have myself to blame
    Quote from TheSloth
    New news to report. Apparently WotC messed up and didn't give their allotment out over the course of all 4 days. These items are completely SOLD OUT! Get them on E-Bay before they shoot up to $500. I asked 3 different hasbro employee's and they said it's the first time they've seen such a limited quantity go so fast.

Usually they have a stock for each day but WotC screwed up. Get them now if you want them because they are EXTREMELY limited. Also NONE will be going up for sale on the website as the stock for the entire convention was blown through in the first day (2 days if you count preview night).

This information is from the convention center floor, I just talked to them so it's solid. If anything changes I'll keep you guys updated. (I'm so glad I got my two) These are going to be worth a ridiculous amount of money a few years from now.

If true, that is tremendously depressing. Waaaaaaaaaaay too few were produced/allocated.

Avatar and Sig made by my Brother, Rai Kerensky.

⑨Rai's Little Brother⑨TradesNewTrades⑨Official Hugger of [The Crafters]⑨Need a hug?
    Quote from Biefall
    Jut got told they ran out of boxes for the convention. In made line since 4 am and couldn't get one : /

Me too! We must be looking at each other all the time or something. lol What a load of crap though right??? Never in my 5 convention years have a seen this. Seriously, everyone who wants one of these, E-Bay for 200-250 is reasonable right now. Get em' while you can.
    Well, I just snagged one on ebay that seems reasonable given this news. I'll be really annoyed if this turns out to be a plan to jack up ebay prices.
    My decks
    Standard - (Stil deciding)
    Modern - Superfriends
    Commander - Thraximundar, Trostani, Uril
    What search terms are you guys using to find these on eBay?

~Currently Playing~

~Modern~
    Quote from Bigeyes1992

I searched for mtg comic con.
    My decks
    Standard - (Stil deciding)
    Modern - Superfriends
    Commander - Thraximundar, Trostani, Uril
    Quote from Bigeyes1992

Just search SDCC planeswalker.

I would be :mad:IRATE:mad: if they went on sale tomorrow or sunday. That would be the dirtiest move ever. But WotC wouldn't be the ones benefitting from it, ebay would so it seems highly unlikely.

They did say "limited" just didn't really say how limited.

Wow, the bids on Ebay are skyrocketing. We're up near the 240 mark now. Up $40 from when I posted the news. It must be getting out.
    Last edited by TK-421: 7/19/2013 5:14:45 PM
    Quote from TheSloth »
    Wow, the bids on Ebay are skyrocketing. We're up near the 240 mark now. Up $40 from when I posted the news. It must be getting out.

You should relax with the panic talk.

These have been ~250 for two weeks now. Before that they were at 399.
    People have been snap buying any posted under 235 for the past two days.
    (I've been buying some myself ....)

It will be interesting to see if they did screw up allocation if any of the pre-sellers fall through. That would suck for some (I'm kind of hoping one of mine does - I overpaid).
    Damn tick tock tick tock just heard from my friend at Comic Con that they were gone. Can grab for 250ish online but I don't think I can justify that for personal use or investment. Damn yo.
    The question is, if they screwed up allocation, are they gonna try to fix it?
    Quote from Encendi

This... If Hasbro restocks their booth in the next few days then we're good to go. But then again... if they are out of them, they're out. It's not like they're going to print more to sell in a day.

Best course of action would be to get one on E-Bay and hold on paying until Sunday. Just make sure payment says 2-3days.
    Quote from Encendi

I sure hope so, but I'm not counting on it.
    Maybe a posthumous reprint for those who missed out due to this in the allocation mess up. Not to flood the market, just to offer enough to make up what would have been allocated for the convention.

Avatar and Sig made by my Brother, Rai Kerensky.

⑨Rai's Little Brother⑨TradesNewTrades⑨Official Hugger of [The Crafters]⑨Need a hug?
    This is ridiculous.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes