This thread was Locked by ktkenshinx.

Rumor Mill Prefixes - A Guide

I can see the colors working in time but ignoring the pleas that the golds and oranges and yellows are punishing to the default skin is not going to fly.
    MY EYES! MY FRIGGIN EYES! HOW THEY BURN! Seriously though Im using the black skin and it looks fine,colors and all.....ceeeeept M13. lol

There is buried treasure everywhere...in a graveyard. Golgari
    Quote from Pseudofate
    Shut down the rumor mill. This man has everything under control.
    Quote from Arcadic
    Bright red is also the color our eyes are drawn to the most, so i'd be a bit ironic and counter-productive to brightly label fakes. Fakes should be labeled as fake and fall off the forums, not have attention drawn to them imo.

Reconsidering the colors a bit. Problems with specific colors, please be specific if its a forum/visibility problem and not a personal preference. Also, since these are Hex coded, if you want to suggest improvements to the colors, please supply the the hex code thingy as to better represent your opinions.

Gray for fakes
    I want to let everyone know that we are indeed taking your comments to heart. I've seen a lot of "there's too many colors", and I can understand this sentiment. I personally love the colors, but you guys are what's important here.

Bear with us, we are working on it. In the mean time, feel free to keep commenting Smile

She wants a ride on the pony, dude.
    Mafia Stats
    Kill shot: BB
    Issue with my shooting? Please visit my helpdesk and help me learn to aim!
    Also, if we do change it to 1 color, we need a color other than black and red so that it appears on all the skins.
    Quick Question:

Why was 'DvD' chosen as tag for the Duel Decks?
    "Petals within petals within petals, tadpole. The truth lurks below an opulence of illusion."
    —Neerdiv, fallowsage
    Quote from ForTheLichKing!
    Quick Question:

Why was 'DvD' chosen as tag for the Duel Decks?

It was the hardest to tag, i chose DvD because its a Deck vs Deck. PvP is a too familiar term for many videogaming people, and the decks are not always Walker vs Walker.

If you have a suggestion for a better one, i am all ears. It was by far the hardest product to tag, and i was unwilling to have each Duel Deck have its own tag when every other standalone product was getting 1 tag.
    Quote from Arcadic
    It was the hardest to tag, i chose DvD because its a Deck vs Deck. PvP is a too familiar term for many videogaming people, and the decks are not always Walker vs Walker.

If you have a suggestion for a better one, i am all ears. It was by far the hardest product to tag, and i was unwilling to have each Duel Deck have its own tag when every other standalone product was getting 1 tag.

Actually, I thought "Deck vs Deck" was very intuitive.
    Hmm.

The first thought that came to my mind was that it was named after one of the first Duel Decks, Divine vs Demonic, and the second was, like, 'wait, wasn`t Elves vs Goblins' the first one.

I would actually propose [Duel] or something like that.
    "Petals within petals within petals, tadpole. The truth lurks below an opulence of illusion."
    —Neerdiv, fallowsage
    Quote from ForTheLichKing!
    Hmm.

The first thought that came to my mind was that it was named after one of the first Duel Decks, Divine vs Demonic, and the second was, like, 'wait, wasn`t Elves vs Goblins' the first one.

I would actually propose [Duel] or something like that.

This made me feel really stupid. Like, it was so obvious i can't believe i missed it as a possibility.

Dark Skin template users : What color of text is easily viewable on them? Orange/Green/Blue? Other?
    I can easily see the FTV orange and RTR gold colors right now. DvD green is also readable, but I don't know how other dark users feel about it.

Mafia Stats
    Add another voice to the number of people who vastly prefer it without colors.
    Original quote byTacosnape "All ideas that give me knowledge without any effort involved on my part are good ideas. Chop chop, my dear fellow."
    DCI L2 Judge
    GP:Madrid 2010 45th
    GP:Amsterdam 2011 74th
    GP:London 2013 67th
    Bazaar of Moxen 2013 32nd
    Yeah... It was perfectly easy to navigate before. These colors give me a bit of a headache and aren't very easy to read/recognize. the way they throw off the left justification of the thread name also bothers me.

Thanks for trying to make improvements, but I like things better the way they were.
    YMTC: We need a spikey red enchantment. My creations:
    RR
    Whenever a player taps a nonbasic land, [Card] deals 2 damage to them.

-or-

R
    Whenever a player would gain life, flip a coin. If heads, that player loses that much life instead. If tails sacrifice [card] and that player gains that life as per usual.
    How to tell if your Mana Base is fail.
    Thanks to Heroes of the Plane Studios for the Bump/Bolt Avatar!
    Why is the Duel Deck one "DvD"? Why is it not DD?
    Quote from heroicraptor
    Why is the Duel Deck one "DvD"? Why is it not DD?

Because neither Arcadic nor I had that thought Redface DD would have made a lot of sense and I prefer it over the Duel suggestion since that could be confused with DotP

Mafia Stats
    Nice, but I prefer without colored tags

TEAM WICKED WIZARDS

Personally, I'd say use different colors for each set, but you can re-use the colors once they're a year old.

For example, Innistrad, Return to Ravnica, and "Friends" (fall 2013 set) could all share the same color, as it's highly unlikely that we'll get any "Friends" info before RtR has been released.

Then you won't have to worry about coming up with more new colors in a year's time, just have a set of six or seven that you can reuse.
    Quote from fwip
    Personally, I'd say use different colors for each set, but you can re-use the colors once they're a year old.

For example, Innistrad, Return to Ravnica, and "Friends" (fall 2013 set) could all share the same color, as it's highly unlikely that we'll get any "Friends" info before RtR has been released.

Then you won't have to worry about coming up with more new colors in a year's time, just have a set of six or seven that you can reuse.

QfT, also another vote against the [Promo] and [M13] colours on the dark skin.
    DCI L1
    Quote from PhanTom
    Add another voice to the number of people who vastly prefer it without colors.

This. The colors actually hurt my eyes and make me not ever want to come check the Mill.
    I thought that I might add that having an abbreviation for what set it is talking about then spelling out the entire set name after it is redundant and annoying.

I wouldn't mind it having the set prefix then just what it is. For example :

[FTV] - Realms Spoiler
    [EDH Primers] Jenara | Marton | Thrun | Lin Sivvi | Toshiro
    [EDHNon-Primer] Obzedat
    [STANDARD]
    [MODERN]UWR Flash Control

My helpdesk
    well, points for tryng something new.
    but, imo, the colors are confusing, gawdy and several are hard to see.
    preferred the site without the colored tags
    thanks to High~Light Studios for the sig and EVERGREEN Studios for the avvie
    Link
    Quote from kman1474
    i don't see anything wrong with the monkey other than the fact that the other monkeys are looking at his crotch.
    So why are the colors still here?
    Quote from Madding
    So why are the colors still here?

To put it colorfully (:laugh:), we are a slow, lumbering ship in the night near a coastline. They'll definitely be going away though. Some time. Just know that it's not something Mods or even Globals can set so we have to wait in line. Frown

Mafia Stats
    BOOM! Shiny white now.
    DCI L1
    Quote from manaman
    Thank you very much for removing the color from those tags. The forum is now more readable.

Yes, agreed. I happily report I also am able to read through the mill quicker than last week. Smile

The explosion that... destroyed our city, razed our home, and turned our fields into wasteland was nothing compared to what was now happening to those who survived.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes