[CON] Blood Tyrant (see first post)

I don't think any of us are close to unwrapping this riddle yet. The "lose the game" bit is being taken far to literally I think (if not then i'm very surprised it's in the intro pack).

Also I agree with white knights, I really want to see giltspire avenger.
    If I were to make a creature like that, I'd start it at 5/5. And of course, it would have flying.

B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana W/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana
    If this post is in a "running tally" thread, I'm referring to the price of the item on my website. If it's in Card Creation, I design for Portal 4, a hypothetical set legal in Legacy constructed only. Smile
    OMG
    Devour is a Jund mechanic, Vampires originate in Grixis.

Don't we have enough Grixis cards spoiled? I wanna see more Bant!

I don't wanna tell if it's correct or incorrect but in the conflux guess the name interview with guys from WotC they told that Blood Tyrant was hovering around Jund, so, anything is possible man...:D
    I value freedom, impulse, emotion and fire. I love instant gratification and acting on your gut feeling. At my best, I'm passionate and decisive. At my worst, I'm shortsighted and destructive. My symbol is a fireball. My enemies are white and blue.

This looks fun, also for the guy who said he would pass this in draft, a 5/5 flyer IS GOOD. btw I am going on the assumption he, like most other vamps are 5/5 flyers
    scollypoff viceroy!!
    Quote from ZetaZeta
    "Crovax Connections" does sound like a friendly corner store run by your local Ascendant Lord

I bet we have a case of Jon Finkel sleeping with the girl, then never calling her again and she going bat #%^% crazy and writing this article case closed.
    First PTQ top 8 6/13/09(1st)
    Second PTQ top 8 10/7/09(5th)
    Second at national Qualifier 5/15/10
    Third PTQ top 8 2/12/11 (2nd)
    Second at Alberta 2011's
    Fourth PTQ top 8 3/17/12(8th)
    GP Vancouver 2012 (18th)
    Quote from zuca_piau
    OMG

I don't wanna tell if it's correct or incorrect but in the conflux guess the name interview with guys from WotC they told that Blood Tyrant was hovering around Jund, so, anything is possible man...:D

Correct, because creatures are beginning to appear on the "wrong" Shards. The Shards are starting to come together (ie Conflux) and the barriers between the Shards are weakening, causing some creatures show up in the wrong Shard.

In other words, it's still probably a Grixis creature and still probably in Grixis colors. But it happens to have appeared on Jund. What this means exactly is unclear, could it have Devour (the Jund mechanic), or perhaps an anti-Jund ability (ie protection:Green), or something else that we don't know yet.
    Perhaps (yes, this is a total stretch... but hey... nicol bolas is back right?)...

Perhaps there is an interaction with this vampire much like the unhinged card "enter the dungeon" where you start a subgame of sorts.

If nothing else it would be entirely interesting; granted this idea is less plausible than every other suggestion i've read Smile
    Quote from awesomepossum00
    Perhaps (yes, this is a total stretch... but hey... nicol bolas is back right?)...

Perhaps there is an interaction with this vampire much like the unhinged card "enter the dungeon" where you start a subgame of sorts.

If nothing else it would be entirely interesting; granted this idea is less plausible than every other suggestion i've read Smile

Haha, I was actually thinking about Ass Whuppin': Whenever a player loses in any game you can see from your seat etc. Grin
    GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    If it was phrased as a replacement effect, I would have assumed it was going to be a Platinum Angel variant, but if it only triggers from a player actually losing the game than yeah, it points towards WOTC pushing multiplayer.
    It's a shame that you can't make this work with Lich's Mirror, because that was the first thing I thought of when I read this. Sure, there's more that zesty isn't telling us, but I doubt that they would make them work together.
    Closed. Take any speculation to the correct forum. This thread will be reopened when there is info or rumours that fit here.

B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana W/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana
    If this post is in a "running tally" thread, I'm referring to the price of the item on my website. If it's in Card Creation, I design for Portal 4, a hypothetical set legal in Legacy constructed only. Smile
    Before we forget about this guy completely, here is what he does...

Blood Tyrant 4UBR
    Creature - Vampire? (R)
    Flying
    At the beginning of your upkeep each player loses 1 life.
    Whenever a player loses life, put that many +1/+1 counters on Blood Tyrant.
    Whenever a player loses the game put 5 +1/+1 counters on Blood Tyrant.
    5/5
    News and spoiler contributor for GatheringMagic.com

Twitter
    Damage causes loss of life... Shock/Tarfire makes him 7/7...
    Not to mention connecting for combat damage doubles his power...
    And in a 2-player game, he becomes 7/7 on your first upkeep... then 14/14 after his first swing. Woah!
    Quote from nightspirit
    The Bushido Codex is clear at this - ponza is not listed amongst the Seven Virtues.

Quote from ludd_gang
    sirpsychosexy, this is an unfortunate thread to start given your namesake.
    This is actually good in reanimator.
    (damage causes life loss 100%? )
    Reminds me of Szadek, lord of secrets...giant flier that has a big target on his head as he grows.
    News and spoiler contributor for GatheringMagic.com

Twitter
    Very good in reanimator. Since he'll be a 7/7 on your first upkeep, add a Double Cleave for the kill.
    Wow the last ability makes me want to play more emperor games XD 5 +1/+1 counters and his p/t at whatever he was then...soul's fire anyone?
    Last edited by Caveman: 1/10/2009 10:10:49 AM

"When a warrior of light tries to extinguish the darkness, he becomes seduced by it, becoming the thing he despises, he becomes the hated."
    Standard: jund(GRB)jank
    Quote from roussos
    (damage causes life loss 100%? )

You could read the remainder text on Sygg, River Cutthroat.
    Oh man, this guy looks like so much fun, especially in multiplayer. I can just see it hitting the table in my group and hearing the chorus of "Kill it! Kill it!" go up :D. Its first two abilities might make it into a Grixis deck, but really this guy's home will lie in multiplayer games. He'll be a cheaper rare I wager, and I will grab some for much fun. Spiteful Visions looks like he might be awesome monkey fun with him.
    Really solid.
    I love the multi-players potential of that card.
    Very seldom do WotC print cards that are designed for multi-players games, so it's really nice!

G- proud green mage -G

Currently playing ----- Commander: Azusa / Ashling the Pilgrim / 30$ Jor Kadeen

My guide to budget cubing basics (outdated)
    Quote from Raid
    You could read the remainder text on Sygg, River Cutthroat.

So this makes an awesome finisher :>
    I mean,he costs 7 mana and there is removal such as unmake,o-ring,pte that can take him out but he just needs 1-2 turns to kill your opponent.
    Quote from urzassedatives

Blood Tyrant 4UBR
    Creature - Vampire? (R)
    Flying
    5/5

Not too shabby. It would be cruel to drop him, next turn drop a cruel ultimatum and swing for 12. heh.
    EDH
    UUU Azami, Lady of Scrolls
    RRR Diaochan, Artful Beauty
    UR(U/R) Tibor, Lumia, & Melek (WIP)

Mafia Stats

Quote from Azrael

I don't have any hard numbers on this, but I'm targeted more often than a black guy driving a beat-up sedan with a broken tail-light and no license plate, and Cy's well aware of that.
    So, if he can hit just once, you will already have hit your opponent for 8? Pretty cruel!
    WIE DE SCHOEN PAST TREKKE HEM AAN
    Quote from urzassedatives

Blood Tyrant 4UBR
    Creature - Vampire? (R)
    Flying
    5/5

Perfect.

I was building a mulitplayer reanimation list, and this is going to go in there somehow.

Whenever I lose life, he grows.
    Whenever an opponent gets attacked, he grows.
    Whenever another player combos out and kills someone else, he grows a lot.
    Every upkeep of mine, he grows.
    Whenever he attacks, he grows.

I'm not sure what I'll take out, but something is making room for this guy.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes