[CON] 3 new cards from Lotus Noir

Hello,
    I have, in the last Lotus noir (french MTG magasine if you don't know what it is), some informations about new cards in Conflux:

Cylian Sunsinger - :1mana::symg:
    Creature - Elf Shaman (R)
    :symr::symg::symw:: Cylian Sunsinger and each creature with the same name each get +3/+3 until end of turn.
    2/2
    Art by Jesper Ejsing
    80?/145

Conflux - :3mana::symw::symu::symb::symr::symg:
    Sorcery (M)
    Search your library for a white card, a blue card, a black card, a red card and a green card. Reveal these cards and put them into your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.
    Art by Karl Kopinski
    102/145

Martial Coup - :xmana::symw::symw:
    Sorcery (R)
    Put X 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens into play. If X is greater than or equal to 5, destroy all other creatures.
    Art by Greg Staples
    11/145

In this, the Sedraxis Alchemist is shown as a common, not an uncommon.

Scans edited into the first post
    -Car.

Last edited by rancored_elf: 1/3/2009 6:20:01 PM
    The sunsinger is likely the best of this lot, but my favourite is the coup. A wrath with creatures left over can't be that bad, can it?

EDIT: I somehow got first, and can the coup be compared to kirtar's wrath (maybe march of souls as well). To any who ask, yes conflux can search for 5 cards.
    Last edited by kami.inu: 1/3/2009 2:36:50 AM

Quote from richard99th
    Elspeth "we must fight to protect order and justice!"
    Tezzeret "No! he will break all my artifacts and stomp my head!"
    Vol "powerful dragon must be brought to heel!"
    Ajani "**** this Im outta *planeswalks to lorwyn* wow what hell is this place?"
    Little lorwyn goblin "this be the place of bad art and Tribes!!!"
    All other Alara planeswalkers "hey where did ajani go???"

My Tamanoa decklist (RGW), infuriating my brother since it's so junky!
    Oh cool. Martial Coup sounds pretty good, kinda expensive though... Conflux sounds pretty bad since costing 8 mana with all 5 colors wont ever see play. (Or we'll just have to see :). Cylian seems ok, I suppose...
    Quote from mitooo

I have scans of the magasine showing the cards, but I don't think if I can post these.

Just crop the pictures of the cards and you can post them. You just shouldn't post entire pages.

Martial Coup is my favorite. Seems really good in edh.
    Very cool. We have a bear that pumps itself and other copies of itself if you happen to have them in play... well, I don't think it should be rare, and it doesn't seem *that* good, but it's decent.

Conflux is an 8-mana card that tutors for five cards. Wow. If you could somehow play this cheaply it would be amazing, but at 8 mana, you could have already cast Cruel Ultimatum for something very similar.

I love Martial Coup. Seven mana, wrath the board and give myself an army. Wow. Probably not up to par for constructed, but I like it anyway!

Thanks for sharing!
    Quote from Furor »
    Tolerance is the handmaiden of evil.

T|o|l|e|r|a|n|c|e
    My anti-Furor.

What's yours?

I'm a Gaymer, deal with it.

My trades!
    I can see Martial Coupe being awesome in WW or something. With the glorious anthems out and a board sweeper... 5 2/2s beating face next turn sounds pretty awesome
    No surprise if I say this, but Martial Coup looks really good.
    I remember someone saying that they'd be happy with a XWWW spell that did the same thing. Not only is this cheaper, but you get a board clearer with it.
    Very nice.
    DAMN, I will certainly be playing Conflux in my 5c EDH decks.
    Also, I bet it is preemptively banned in Prismatic.
    The elf is kind of meh for a rare, I'm not sure if it's that much better than Knight of the Skyward Eye, at least not enough to warrant jumping up two rarities.

Conflux is unplayable except for prismatic or maybe EDH. I'm pretty sure that 5cc would rather play Cruel Ultimatum if it has that much mana in play.

Martial Coup actually could be good as Wrath #5 in decks that need that much removal.

Quote from Mad Mat »
    I suppose you could go and protest for the rights of hymens, yes.

Quote from Duff Goldman »
    Boba Fett is B.A. Baracus and Walker, Texas Ranger all rolled into one. But evil.
    unless there's tricky ways to make copies of the bear or tutor for all the other copies he's pretty bad, there's already a common white version that only requires green and white

conflux is interesting if not something of an I win more card, if you can cast something that expensive you should have some other combo off already but its a decent casual card

the wrath would be good if it were instant, as it is its another decent casual card, well 5 or more 1/1s is better than these effects have given before maybe some kind of deck can make use of it in block or t2,
    Infractions so far = 2

Complaint box: Why was the mtg as an mmo(rpg) thread closed? I was having fun talking about it, hrmph-
    I like this wrath variant, though it costs a lot, I'm certain that edh doesn't care very much. Smile

I do like Cylian Sunsinger for limited since I'm a big fan of relevant 2 drops in general. As another 2/2 for 2 that pumps to 5 power, it's great early game and late game. I doubt that hitting three colors will be that difficult with the other spoiled color fixing. I wish it wasn't rare so it's ability to pump each other with the same name would happen, although even at uncommon it wouldn't happen all that often.

Not a fan of 5 color cards though...
    get those scans up

Spam infraction. Either post something worthy or don't post at all. And try to be more polite next time.
    -Car.
    Last edited by Caranthir: 1/3/2009 6:12:42 AM
    Infractions so far = 2

Complaint box: Why was the mtg as an mmo(rpg) thread closed? I was having fun talking about it, hrmph-
    wait, i have a question regarding cylian sunsinger and elf tokens.

does tokens have a name for them to trigger this?
    Image removed due to an invalid URL:

ChibiSwan! YOU ROCK! :p

...........Shin on the textless Cryptic Command
    Quote from Shinjutsei

I...I really have nothing to say.

This is EPIC.
    Pretty bad cards all round and pretty much unplayable unless Conflux has obscene mana acceleration.

The only one that is semi playable is Martial Coup but Rise of the Hobgoblins is probably better at mana costs less than 7.
    Numbers at last! Thank you!

You may not post scans of the article, but cutout scans of the cards themselves haven't been a problem.
    Looks like Martial Coup is a new Kirtar's Wrath except its even better
    Quote from yawg07
    DAMN, I will certainly be playing Conflux in my 5c EDH decks.
    Also, I bet it is preemptively banned in Prismatic.

As will I once I build it. I can't wait until I use it with Mirari. Can't get any better than tutoring for 10 cards for only 11 mana.
    Last edited by Yagami: 1/3/2009 3:07:21 AM
    Legacy
    BUG Dredge BUG]
    WUBRG Storm WUBRG
    UBR FaerieStalker UBR

EDH
    U/B mana Sygg, River Cutthroat U/B mana (1vs1)
    black mana Maga, Traitor to Mortals black mana (multiplayer)
    Tutor for 8 mana? Ergh, no thanks. Sunsinger is kinda interesting though I doubt it will see constructed play. Now Coup d'Etat is a great card for monoW control, should one arise. And with Oblivion Ring, Path to Exile, Condemn and Lapse of Certainty, I wouldnt be suprised to see it.
    Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me ~ Amy, Futurama.
    Quote from darkhiroki
    wait, i have a question regarding cylian sunsinger and elf tokens.

does tokens have a name for them to trigger this?

I think yes, if a token named cylian sunsinger is in play, it will trigger, same thing with Mirrorweave
    about the crops, they are here:
    ATTACHMENTS
    • scans
    Well technically if that bear doesn't say only once each turn its really dang good.

Mostly because its nantuko shade with the drawback of having to go 3 at a time of 3 colors and the benefit of giving it to all other copies.

Basically you come out the same way as if you would pump shade that many times. Obviously forcing you to spend it in chunks of 3 sucks but they make up for that with the sharing.

The wog is decent 7 mana for that effect is good. You can also use it for smaller effects if needed.

Feel free to bid on my cards here!
    I can certainly imagine more epic art for Conflux. Bad Mythic, bad Mythic.
    Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me ~ Amy, Futurama.
    Conflux looks hot, can't wait to get a foil one Grin
    Yeah, the coup looks amazing to me. Definitely putting at least one in my WW. Mainly cause it's nuts in WW mirror. Could be that I'm overreacting though. It just seems so nuts to me right now. I really hope I don't see it played against me too much :(.
    Actually I think WB tokens will gladly play 1-2 copies of that thing. Very strong card in the mirror and only costs 2 more then Cloudgoat Ranger for 5 guys and a wrath.

Feel free to bid on my cards here!
    Quote from Monopoman
    Well technically if that bear doesn't say only once each turn its really dang good.

Mostly because its nantuko shade with the drawback of having to go 3 at a time of 3 colors and the benefit of giving it to all other copies.

Basically you come out the same way as if you would pump shade that many times. Obviously forcing you to spend it in chunks of 3 sucks but they make up for that with the sharing.

The wog is decent 7 mana for that effect is good. You can also use it for smaller effects if needed.

Actually that's a very good way to think of the Sunsinger. I had not thought of the card that way but now that you mention, it does raise my opinion of the card significantly. (Worry not, as the card is printed from the image, you can use the ability as many times per turn as you have the mana)

Conflux is bombastic in any non-competitive constructed format. The card advantage and quality you get from casting this are huge. I'll take one or more for EDH or casual. It helps that here are plenty of ways to play the card without actually spending 8 mana.

Military Coup will be obnoxious in limited. I know a friend who loves tokem decks that will flip for this card too. Solid, solid card.
    Oooo... my French is not very good but is the flavor text of "Conflux"... "After years of machinations aimed at changing the world, Bolas is on the eve of his triumph"... Just makes me want to know what Bolas is doing to Alara
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes