[CON] Nicol Bolas (partial), Lapse of Certainty, & Path to Exile

Merry Christmas England!!!!!

I guess I should have mentioned which time zone I was representing in all my riddles but..... you know... i have to keep things fun.

So with all of the final tallies it looks like Bolas is winning over everybody, but not EVERYBODY wants the Bolas, so I took a few surveys with some people and this is what we came out with.

Wizards..... spoiled the Name, Picture, and that its a Planeswalker,

So we will give you the tools to figure out the Casting Cost, the Loyalty increments both positive and negative, and what the first and second abilities are....... Leaving it's master loyalty and the SUPER CRAZY POWERFUL MONSTROUS GIGANTIC WONDERFUL MAGICAL abilities and I did say ABILITIE (S) for Wizards.... since it's there big baby anyways.

So, as a prize for those who are upset about not getting all of BOLAS I will give you SWORDS (STP), and one of the clues in the 2nd puzzle includes another new card that I'm very happy that white is getting........ even if it cost 1 more mana.

Oh wait,... did I say puzzle,... well I didn't have Wrapping Paper so I figured I'd wrap all the secrets up in 4 puzzles. So, Christmas is happening in the world somewhere. So let the fun begin. If you have issues with anything PM either me or Little Birdy for help. And don't peak on Puzzle 4 unless you have to. Enjoy!!! Merry Christmas.

PUZZLE 1:
    Casting Cost: (This ones easy)

(Cruel Ultimatum) + (Icy Manipulator)
    - [(Tidehollow Stix) + (Mogg Fanatic)]
    Big Boys Casting Cost

Too simple you say......

PUZZLE 2:
    Here's some fun for you. There are 3 circles amongst puzzle 2. The highest number you get is the (Negative Loyalty) for the Super Ability. The lowest number you get is the (Negative Loyalty) and the middle number is the positive loyalty.

ENJOY NICOLSUDOKU!!!!!!!

PUZZLE 3 - NICOL CROSSWORD
    After answering the puzzle, the codes listed below spell a magic card whose ability is that of Nicol's positive ability.
    http://www.variety-games.com/CW/Puzzles/859761792-puzzle.htm

Code Program: (First set is Clue Number/Letter in the Answer) Keep it in this order to determine the answer.
    (8D/1L)
    (14A/5L)
    (4A/6L)
    (11A/14L)
    (12D/3L)
    (2D/4L)
    (3A/2L)
    (15A/5L)
    ----------- Second Word
    (10D/1L)
    (16A/3L)
    (1A/1L)
    (9D/1L)
    (5D/5L)
    (7A/11L)

Puzzle 4: Nicol Word Jumble:
    This one may seem hard so there is a final "Peak" ability on the bottom but try to figure it out by yourself. The fun part is again there is a code attached and every card in the puzzle has the same theme as Nicol's Negative ability. Enjoy! The Codex is in the link.

http://www.armoredpenguin.com/wordscramble/Data/2008.12/2310/23102329.929.html

So again I wasn't able to give you all of Nicol, here is the STP.

Path to Exile (W)
    Instant - (Uncommon)
    Remove target creature from the Game. That Creatures controller may search for a basic land card and put that card into play tapped. Shuffle that library afterwards.

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Lapse of Certainty 2W
    Instant (C)
    Counter target spell. If that spell is countered this way, put it on top of its owner's library instead of into that player's graveyard.

Nicol Bolas 4rbbu
    Planeswalker - Nicol
    +3 Destroy target noncreature permanent.
    -2 Gain control of target creature.
    -9 "Something more gamebreaking than Cruel Ultimatum"???
    Loyalty: ??

MOD EDIT: To stop the number of "so what does it do???" posts on this thread, the answer is we don't know. There may or may not be partially correct info in the thread, but the OP hasn't returned with a complete rumour for Nicol Bolas. If you'd like to discuss the rumoured Path to Exile or Lapse of Certainty, please do so in the New Cards Discussion forum. Thread closed.
    ATTACHMENTS
    • NicolSudoku
    Last edited by rancored_elf: 1/3/2009 2:08:04 AM
    UUBBBRR and 4 minus UB and R
    4UBBR! Wow!
    sounds like fun
    im gona print the thing out and try to figure it out before all the mobs get to it and spoil all the fun
    Man it's awfully cruel of you guys to post puzzles like this on Christmas Eve when I have to spend time with my family. :p
    Death Vish | High on Crackblade | Ooze the Boss | Long Live the King | Fomori Face Fister
    Brunal Legend | Hazezon First | Cirrhosis of the Sliver | Animar Planet | The Joy of Pain-ting
    Lol omg the new swords its just imba..
    search for basic land???
    this is even better than STP..
    who plays basic lands nowadays anyway Grin
    Path of Exile: WOW! That's... just... awesome. Not better than STP some of the time, but will definitely push non-basics in all formats.

Thanks Zesty!
    Last edited by Twissted: 12/24/2008 5:16:41 PM

Thanks to Fogatog of Epic for the awesome avatar and spiderboy4 of High~Light Studios for the amazing banner.
    Thanks Zesty ! I don't have time to answer the puzzle, but I hope it'll be worth it Smile
    Quote from Kijin »
    Also, if they print enemy colored painlands, I'm buying a ham sandwich with a crapload of vinegar and eating it. And I'll take pictures and post them for you.
    Oh, I like that STP variant - its MORE swords to PLOWSHARES like than the original even. (Although the names are reversed to which you'd expect to be which - Path of Exile would've been a great name for STP)
    Quote from blueconcept
    Black Lotus is a vanilla creature. Deadbore is a counterspell. Artifacts are lands.

Dungeons and Dragons is an operating system. Baldur's Gate is a magic card. Experience is reasoning. Reasoning is experience.

Re: People misusing the term Vanilla to describe a flying, unleash (sometimes trample) critter.
    Path of the Exile is damn good. I've been wishing for a new STP for a long long time. But now back to the Sudoku!!

Edit: More importantly, Merry Christmas and thanks Zesty!
    Last edited by Lunatic_Sane: 12/24/2008 5:14:11 PM
    "Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between good and bad, but between bad and worse"

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

Wow. Finally some Timmy / Johnny Crap is Bolas getting. Unless you can somehow cheat him into play or his abilities would be somewhat of imba broken if he would cost less.
    "Petals within petals within petals, tadpole. The truth lurks below an opulence of illusion."
    —Neerdiv, fallowsage
    It's a very good card, especially in older formats, but it's not as good as STP. Personally, I love it, even for Standard.
    Quote from Madding
    It's a very good card, especially in older formats, but it's not as good as STP. Personally, I love it, even for Standard.

why not as good as stp.
    Think of removing 11/11 colossus Smile .
    Ill gladly trade a land than 11 life to opponent :p
    Ofc "big" playable cards like colossus arent in constructed but still , some decks like 5cc dont even have basics.
    Removing cloudthresher with 1 mana ftw Smile
    He costs 8 freaking mana? Is he even gonna be playable in standard?
    BW
    Ability costs are +3, -2, and -6.

[EDIT] The 3-2-6 figures are what the Sudoku says when solved. I've been told that it's actually 3-2-9, with the wrong number circled for whatever reason.
    Last edited by SadisticMystic: 12/24/2008 6:53:34 PM
    Nicol's positive ability is Neat!
    Path to Exile is better than the original. Vacuum up every copy you see.
    Nicol has some ass whupped abilities! Grin

Sudoko thingy was the only thing I managed... omg.. these puzzles.. and i'm sitting on the toilet with my laptop now :p
    Last edited by L_erik: 12/24/2008 5:33:06 PM
    Island taps for U and cost zero. It should be banned.

Quote from MajoraX
    Nicol's positive ability is Neat!

That seems a little too powerful, especially for +3!
    Path to exile seems really good and it will definately see play. Too bad we have only half bolas, really no reason for this... what the point of knowing only half? Big letdown.

Quote from Dogod

Yeah but he costs 8 mana.
    And he cant be flash-ed in with dramatic entrance like primus can.Or even mannequined.
    It's ok, since his CMC is 8, it's the doubled CMC of the average Walker. So it's expectable that he is having some imba abilities.
    "Petals within petals within petals, tadpole. The truth lurks below an opulence of illusion."
    —Neerdiv, fallowsage
    Quote from Dogod

He's Nicol Bolas! He can do as he god damn pleases. I will admit it seems out of color though what with the ability to hit enchantments.
    Quote from zesty234
    abilities and I did say ABILITIE (S)

Does this mean it's an 'or' ability? Or is it an 'and' ability?
    Zesty, you post this :
    - (Tidehollow Stix) + (Mogg Fanatic)

(:symr::symr::symb::symb::symb::symu::symu: )+(:4mana:) -(:symb::symu:)+(:symr:) =(:4mana::symr::symr::symr::symb::symb::symu: )

You probably should post this:
    -[ (Tidehollow Strix) + (Mogg Fanatic)]

(:symr::symr::symb::symb::symb::symu::symu: )+(:4mana:) -[(:symb::symu:)+(:symr:)] =(:4mana::symr::symb::symb::symu: )

Edit:
    But anyway, you ROCK, Man Smile

Edit2: nevermind, looks like you post it in really easy way...
    I spent too many hours on advanced mathematics, i just can't think in easy ways Smile
    Last edited by TrollmenX: 12/24/2008 6:17:05 PM
    By John Avon
    Decks:

Standard 5CC
    Modern :symrb::symrg::symgb:JUND:symrb::symrg::symgb:
    EDH: :symbw::symuw::symub:Merieke Ri Berit:symbw::symuw::symub:
    Archenemy EDH: Reaper king
    (\_/)
    (' -')
    =O (W/G mana) O=
    (")(")

U/R manaGONZOU/R mana
    R/G manaGenius, fast, and long eared.G/U mana
    Second ability = Control Magic....

This is looking ridiculous....
    Quote from blueconcept
    Black Lotus is a vanilla creature. Deadbore is a counterspell. Artifacts are lands.

Dungeons and Dragons is an operating system. Baldur's Gate is a magic card. Experience is reasoning. Reasoning is experience.

Re: People misusing the term Vanilla to describe a flying, unleash (sometimes trample) critter.
    Puzzle 4 = control magic
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes