Forum has been deleted.

Thread split from threadid 13273 by Qwerty on 07-02-2005 at 07:33 PM via inline moderation tools.

[RAV] Full Ravnica Spoiler

[ravpartialspoiler]
    Last edited by Hannes: 11/20/2005 12:26:51 PM

B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana W/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana
    If this post is in a "running tally" thread, I'm referring to the price of the item on my website. If it's in Card Creation, I design for Portal 4, a hypothetical set legal in Legacy constructed only. Smile
    If you have any comments about the completeness or correctness of the spoiler, please post them here. "Thanks!" or "It looks like black will be strong in draft" type posts don't belong in this thread and will be removed. Thank you, and enjoy!
    Last edited by rancored_elf: 7/3/2005 5:48:19 AM

B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana W/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana B/G mana R/G mana B/G mana B/G mana
    If this post is in a "running tally" thread, I'm referring to the price of the item on my website. If it's in Card Creation, I design for Portal 4, a hypothetical set legal in Legacy constructed only. Smile
    Updated with a bunch of info from the FAQ. Post here to let us know what we've missed. Smile

Quote from rancored_elf »
    If you have any comments about the completeness or correctness of the spoiler, please post them here. "Thanks!" or "It looks like black will be strong in draft" type posts don't belong in this thread and will be removed. Thank you, and enjoy!

Circu, Dimir Lobotomist

may not be correct...

check the Orb.

lobotomist appears once there
    yet the card has it twice
    once on the name and once in the card text
    Quote from gothiousrex »
    Circu, Dimir Lobotomist

may not be correct...

check the Orb.

lobotomist appears once there
    yet the card has it twice
    once on the name and once in the card text

ah here we go Lobotomist appears only once

Circu, Dimir Lobotomist
    {2}{U}{B}
    Legendary Creature -- Human Wizard
    2/3
    Whenever you play a blue spell, remove the top card of target library from the game.
    Whenever you play a black spell, remove the top card of target library from the game.
    Your opponents can't play nonland cards with the same name as a card removed from the game with Circu.

* The first two abilities target libraries, not players.

* If you play a blue and black spell, both of Circu's triggered abilities trigger. You can target two different libraries or target the same library twice.

* Circu's last ability applies to all of its controller's opponents, not just the owner of the removed card.

* Circu's last ability doesn't prevent copies of the removed cards from being played because copies aren't cards.

* If a split card is removed this way, opponents can't play either half of the split card.
    -----
    Quote from gothiousrex »
    ah here we go Lobotomist appears only once

It appears twice on the card Card Image
    Quote from Faktor »
    It appears twice on the card Card Image

It also doesn't have the Dimir symbol in the background of the text box, does it?

My Trade Thread | My Tumblr Blog | My Mod Desk | My Sig Shop
    Playing: Modern Affinity // Rakdos Aggro - Legacy Pox // Burn - EDH Ghost Council
    Quote from Dechs Kaison
    What the Griselbrand, Xen. Just when I thought your stuff couldn't get any better, you churn out that Jeleva banner. It's gorgeous.
    Concerted Effort has a slightly different wording:
    At the beginning of each player's upkeep, all creatures you control gain flying until end of turn if a creature you control has flying. The same is true for fear, first strike, double strike, landwalk, protection, trample, and vigilance.

So does Spawnbroker:
    When Spawnbroker comes into play, you may exchange control of target creature you control and target creature with power less than or equal to that creature's power an opponent controls.

Firemane Angel has a "may":
    At the beginning of your upkeep, if Firemane Angel is in your graveyard or in play, you may gain 1 life.

Loxodon Hierarch is slightly different, too:
    GW, Sacrifice Loxodon Hierarch: Regenerate each creature you control.

I've attached my edited version of the spoiler, updated from the FAQ, which is formatted to fit on four sheets of paper (eight sides) and sorted by rarity & casting cost.
    Mythic Mage
    Quote from Xenphire »

It also doesn't have the Dimir symbol in the background of the text box, does it?

It is only non-recognizable at the picture, I am sure. Being a Dimir legend and not having the symbol of guild in textbox? That is impossible.
    Mad 100% Vorthos Spike and Storyline Expert Mad

Former Fact Prospector of the Greek Alliance.
    Let this great clan rest in peace (2001-2011)

>>Banner by Spanglegluppet<<

might as well get BoP & all up there now Smile

-tinker
    Quote from Mr. Stuff »
    Tinker, you rock!

Quote from i love tinker »
    Ignorance may be bliss, but the ignorant are still stupid.

Quote from KarmicNoose »
    Tinker I love you in a heterosexual way.
    Ye we will edit in those pretty pictures soon Smile
    Link Hero of Un-[Limited] Potential Link
    Image removed due to an invalid URL:

"You're truly a blessing.
    I want you to know
    that I care for you deeply,
    wherever I go"

Link

Quote from VestDan »

Btw, Belgareth... could you give the rest of us awesomeness lessons? Please?

Quote from MandersHex
    Belgareth, I second the quote in your sig. You should teach a class.
    Quote from Caranthir »
    It is only non-recognizable at the picture, I am sure. Being a Dimir legend and not having the symbol of guild in textbox? That is impossible.

That wasn't my point. My point was that it's obviously an errored card, an early version meant for magazines, hence the name appearing twice on that scan when on our spoiler Circu doesn't refer to himself in his text, and the fact that there is no Dimir insignia in the background (and I do think if it were on the cards in that magazine, we'd see atleast a vague outline, because they are quite prominent.

My Trade Thread | My Tumblr Blog | My Mod Desk | My Sig Shop
    Playing: Modern Affinity // Rakdos Aggro - Legacy Pox // Burn - EDH Ghost Council
    Quote from Dechs Kaison
    What the Griselbrand, Xen. Just when I thought your stuff couldn't get any better, you churn out that Jeleva banner. It's gorgeous.
    Quote from Xenphire »

That wasn't my point. My point was that it's obviously an errored card, an early version meant for magazines, hence the name appearing twice on that scan when on our spoiler Circu doesn't refer to himself in his text, and the fact that there is no Dimir insignia in the background (and I do think if it were on the cards in that magazine, we'd see atleast a vague outline, because they are quite prominent.

You are 100% right, Xen. The image is by no means a photo of real card. WotC even put sometimes wrong scans in Gatherer...do you remember Erayo? Grin
    Mad 100% Vorthos Spike and Storyline Expert Mad

Former Fact Prospector of the Greek Alliance.
    Let this great clan rest in peace (2001-2011)

>>Banner by Spanglegluppet<<

Okay, made those edits to the wordings. I'll leave the images for someone else unless they're still not done tonight when I'm on.

Minor Correction:
    Life from the Loam has dredge 3, not dredge 4.
    This can be confirmed by anyone playing in the Australian prereleases.
    Okay thanks. I'm not sure if that makes it more or less powerful, actually.
    Correction made.

Grayscaled Gharial has wrong flavor-text omg.:)
    Quote from Caranthir »
    You are 100% right, Xen. The image is by no means a photo of real card. WotC even put sometimes wrong scans in Gatherer...do you remember Erayo? Grin

you were wrong Smile I was right it has 2 times it's full name on the card Smile so it has to be corrected in the spoiler Smile Dancing Banana

Card Image
    Grayscaled Gharial's flavor text is apparently fake. According to the official Wizards spoiler it is "Each tooth carries enough bacteria to kill a person in a day or two. But then, gharials do have 138 teeth."

Edit: Sorry, missed the post above. But then I have the flavor text and the link. Wink
    Thinking is the most dangerous thing you can do. You never know what it will do to you.
    Quote from Mathemagician »
    Grayscaled Gharial's flavor text is apparently fake. According to the official Wizards spoiler it is "Each tooth carries enough bacteria to kill a person in a day or two. But then, gharials do have 138 teeth."

Edit: Sorry, missed the post above. But then I have the flavor text and the link. Wink

....Yeah, apparently the flavor text that I made up is fake. :p
    News and spoiler contributor for GatheringMagic.com

Twitter
    Yeah, i was wondering how people didnt realize that flavor text was your filler, Uzra.

Just like, "You have been surprised and killed by a mantacore!"

LOL
    Mafia MVP Harry Potter Mafia!

Logical Reasoning is dead; Long Live Stupidity

Quote from Seppel »
    I love Joboman, Poggy, Niv, and Vezok, because, while they may not be the best players, they still try to win. Having fun is the most important thing to a game, but I've learned that if you don't try to win, then you're ruining everyone else's fun.

Thread closed and unstuck.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes