Slivers

Poll: which do you like more?

which do you like more? - Single Choice

• Old Slivers("Aliens") 61.1%
  • New Slivers("Predators") 19.4%
  • Both 17.1%
  • Neither 2.3%
    So since some people have begun calling the new slivers "Predators" and the old ones "Aliens" which do you like so far. Aliens or Predators?
    Last edited by asteriskreaper: 7/4/2013 9:32:33 AM
    "I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." -the Laughing Man
    "In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey... you should see me in a crown... "-James Moriarty(Sherlock)
    I'm old school so give me the Tempest/Stronghold ones or face my Rath.
    I find that "Predators" may have potential, Hopefully Theros some how has more slivers. Doubtful sense its a Greek mythology set.
    "I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." -the Laughing Man
    "In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey... you should see me in a crown... "-James Moriarty(Sherlock)
    It's interesting. I kind of like the variety, although I think the original Slivers looked the best.
    Cyme we inne frið, fram the grip of deaþ to lif inne ðis smylte land.
    All I want is a hexproof Sliver and these new ones will be alright to me Wink

Custom sig done by Me :3
    Current Standard decks
    Mono Blue Devotion (MUD)
    Dimir Control
    Mono Black Devotion (MBD)
    Current EDH decks
    Slivers combo
    Vorosh the hunter
    Sharrum, the Hedgemon
    Start of MTG videos and stuff like that
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mnmpackchannel
    Quote from Mnm12345
    All I want is a hexproof Sliver and these new ones will be alright to me Wink

OoOoOo even better a Blightsteel Sliver

Blightsteel Sliver
    CMC 3
    Artifact Creature- Sliver
    Slivers you control are indestructible and have infect.
    0/1
    Rare

but that idea can't happen for a few sets lol
    Both equaliy
    They're both good. I recognise a need for a core set to be more simplistic.

Sure is a nice Library you got there.. be a shame if something were to happen to it...
    I like them both as far as art goes, but I prefer the old mechanic as opposed to the new one-sided mechanic.
    Personally I'm one of those guys that hates slivers in general, but they were 10000x better as a unique race with intersting interactions in a mirror match.

I absolutely abhor GENERIC HUMANOID FACTION #13562 with an all-upside-all-the-time mechanic.
    what potential do you think "Predators" have ?
    Quote from asteriskreaper
    So since some people have begun calling the new slivers "Predators" and the old ones "Aliens" which do you like so far. Aliens or Predators?

Your poll lacks the options "Both" and "Neither" and leaves the criteria untouched. So even if moved to a more proper forum than Speculation (where this thread doesn't belong) it would still be a pointless thread designed to instigate more pointless polarization on a topic that already is creating more than enough overly heated arguments.

Why would you want to do that?
    Planar Chaos was not a mistake neither was it random. You might want to look at it again.

[thread=239793][Game] Level Up - Creature[/thread]
    Quote from MajoraX
    The explanation is simple: mortals trample; Gods annihilate.

Factions: Sleeping
    Remnants: Valheim
    Legendary Journey: Heroes & Planeswalkers
    Saga: Shards of Rabiah
    Legends: The Elder Dragons
    Moved to NCD.

She wants a ride on the pony, dude.
    Mafia Stats
    Kill shot: BB
    Issue with my shooting? Please visit my helpdesk and help me learn to aim!
    I call the new ones neo-slivers and liked the art a lot better. They were their own creature type the new ones just look like humonoid beasts to me.
    Also i wished the new ones had the creature types elder sliver to indicate they were different from the others.
    Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
    Old slivers are better, hands down, no-contest.

Old ones have 2 legends and better abilities.

Standard
    Whatever I can borrow

EDH
    WBG Karador GBW
    WUB Sharuum BUW
    R Purphoros R

WBR Modern Burn RBW
    RWR Legacy Goblins (constructing) RWR

Your poll lacks the options "Both" and "Neither" and leaves the criteria untouched. So even if moved to a more proper forum than Speculation (where this thread doesn't belong) it would still be a pointless thread designed to instigate more pointless polarization on a topic that already is creating more than enough overly heated arguments.

Why would you want to do that?

I just requested it be fixed
    Corrupted Gargantuan Sliver 7
    Creature - Eldrazi Sliver Horror
    Sliver creatures you control have infect and annihilate 2.
    7/7

Get me the above and new Slivers can stay.

Old Slivers rule.
    I was disappointed by Disappointing Signet, Inc.
    Quote from Rust Golem
    Corrupted Gargantuan Sliver 7
    Creature - Eldrazi Sliver Horror
    Sliver creatures you control have infect and annihilate 2.
    7/7

Get me the above and new Slivers can stay.

Old Slivers rule.

make that mythic rare and have indestructibility and you have one hell of a deal

edit: if any species in the whole of the multiverse could kill the eldrazi it would be the Slivers, and that would be interesting story wise.
    Last edited by asteriskreaper: 7/5/2013 10:41:42 PM
    Added two more options per OP's request

She wants a ride on the pony, dude.
    Mafia Stats
    Kill shot: BB
    Issue with my shooting? Please visit my helpdesk and help me learn to aim!
    I like the new slivers more, because I don't like the snake look of for example Battering Sliver. I think the more humanoid looking new slivers are better, although there are some old slivers whose arts I like (Barbed Sliver or Armor Sliver)
    Quote from TK-421
    Added two more options per OP's request

thanks!
    even in the movies, aliens are WAY cooler than predators. but i mostly voted old slivers because you can't have an interesting slivil war with any of the new slivers! so lame, my friend and i used to both have sliver decks which made for the most hilarious mirror matchup.
    on using non-basic LD:

Quote from Dechs Kaison
    Anything that can cause a ragequit is the right tool for the job.
    Quote from myr_on_the_wall
    even in the movies, aliens are WAY cooler than predators. but i mostly voted old slivers because you can't have an interesting slivil war with any of the new slivers! so lame, my friend and i used to both have sliver decks which made for the most hilarious mirror matchup.

SLivil war... nice
    Predator type of art has been seen and used a gazillion times, while the alien type slivers were unique and very "twisting".
    My vote goes for the Aliens, despite liking the quality of predator art more than the other one, but that is just natural becomes of progress through time.
    Artists do get better <3
    B Scourger B
    on Cockatrice

:sympb: The competitive player that doesn't want to play competitive decks. :sympb:
    Quote from AdamM
    Old slivers are better, hands down, no-contest.

Old ones have 2 legends and better abilities.

They have 3. Smile

(That is, not counting Mistform Ultimus and unless Sliver Legion isn't old enough for you, or you are only counting cards originally printed with "Summon Legend" and "Creature - ... Legend" and not "Legendary Creature," etc. :))
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes