Dragonshift

Dragonshift
    1UR
    Instant Rare
    Target creature you control becomes a 4/4 Dragon with flying until end of turn.
    Overload
    (You may cast this spell for its overload cost. If you do change its text by replacing all instances of "target" with "each".

Get the last 4 dmg in that's needed, put up a 4/4 blocker for resto angel at instant speed, or swing for the win for 7 mana. Each specific mode isn't amazing, but that's some decent flexibility on this card. Could maybe see this seeing play in a Dryad-Gro deck or some deck with +1/+1 counters, as they would stay on the creature after it was made a 4/4.
    Is it just me or is this card absolutely amazing, I know exactly what card is going to be an alternate finisher in my Izzet ritual goblin deck. I think this card just fell in love with Krenko.
    Instant, and doesn't change any of the good abilities on your dudes.

Also a combat trick for attack or defense.

This is awesome.
    Actually I read somewhere that the "and loses all abilities" was lost in the translation. We'll know soon enough though! Still love it :).
    Awesome flexibility

Decent power

Full on Izzet madness

This card is a huge hit for me
    Very weak, but very cool.

I like it. Thumbs Up
    Elspeth is dead. Long live Elspeth.
    I'd give it a try.
    It seems really interesting.
    Its... overrun with flying in some ways.
    The Heir to Rakdos
    If I ever manage to overload this spell with my buddies over a couple of brewskies I'm going to shout

OVERFLY!!!
    As an Izzet player I really like this card. It's a trick! It's a finisher! It slices, it dices, it does it all!!!
    Luck isn't the only reason I win. Just most of the reason.
    Probably being picky but it says "loses all abilities and becomes a Blue and Red Dragon with flying"
    Who cares if its good in EDH or Limited? 95% of cards are.

Drinking game idea: when someone blindly agrees on blogatog no matter how erroneous or short-sighted maro's reply is
    this spell is just awesome in standard... i hope it will see play on eternal formats.
    A team should be as happy as a meal - TEAM HAPPYMEAL

EDH - UWGrand Arbiter Agustin IV
    UBW
    Oloro, Ageless Ascetic
    Modern - Mono U tron / Polymorph / NFTW (ninja for the win)GR tron GR

Buy All the planeswalkers!!!
    Buy All the Dual Lands!!!
    Buy All the fetches!
    Create tons of EDH Decks!!!
    Eat Nothing but Oats!! (LOL, not true)
    Train MMA!!!
    Marry My girlfriend!!!
    Get her Pregnant only Once!
    Teach my Son/Daughter Sports and magic cards!!!
    Continue my legacy son!!!/Daughter!!
    Looks pretty great for Izzet. I can imagine Goblin Electromancer joining this party. Perhaps also Talrand, Sky Summoner
    "There's plenty of Youth in the world. What we need is a fountain of Smart."

There's the image guys

Edit: The source website may have mocked up the image, can't confirm the card art.
    Last edited by Firemac: 4/18/2013 1:31:40 PM
    If that's not a mockup then WotC made a templating typo again. Missing a ( at the least.
    Needed to be perminate change to be any good teleportal mostly better.
    Standard, Budget:
    UBR URB control.
    UB heroic humans
    Modern, Budget:
    GBW Melria Pod (no fetch)
    R Mono red storm

Casual:
    RGB Jund Dragons
    UGrand Architech
    WR Tempered steel
    BG wild defiance Infect.

EDH
    GB Glissa, the traitor
    UWIsperia, Supereme Judge
    UWGDerevi, Empyrial Tactician
    I love this card. Amazing art. Very flexible and decent. May not see any competitive play but overall I think it's well designed.
    I don't think it'll really see any competitive play. Izzet wasn't a good deck then, and it hasn't really gotten the tools to be it now. This card included.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes