Zendikar Lands

Are there any pictures of the new (basic)lands from the Zendikar set, yet?
    The textless ones that have been in the boards for about 2 weeks

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=176539

BUWRG--->> Here to view my stuff GRWUB

Quote from frychikn
    level up is absolute garbage. yes somebody feel free to quote me on this in their sig. NONE OF THE LEVEL UP CARDS SHOWN TODAY WILL SEE COMPETITIVE PLAY OUTSIDE OF LIKE ROE ONLY CONSTRUCTED OR SOME GARBAGE.
    Oh, uhm.. right..

Quote from Thundrstorm
    The textless ones that have been in the boards for about 2 weeks

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=176539

Does anyone know the commonality? I also saw regular basics from the set. How much rarer is one from the other? I was hoping the Fatpacks would have a bunch of textless lands it was all I was going to buy...
    Does anyone know the commonality? I also saw regular basics from the set. How much rarer is one from the other? I was hoping the Fatpacks would have a bunch of textless lands it was all I was going to buy...

The full-art versions will be in boosters and in fat-packs.
    Current Decks (T2)
    :symw::symu::symg:Sovereign Mythic (8-4-0)
    :symw::symu:green manaMythic Bant (20-10-0)
    :symr::symb::symg: Jund
    :symw::symr::symg:Where Ancients Suck

Quote from Ramenth
    Linvala, Guardian of Silence can shut down just about every major threat in Standard, but can she see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Where Ancients Tread count:
    4x Foil
    1x Japanese
    50x Non- Foil
    Quote from taint666
    The full-art versions will be in boosters and in fat-packs.

Well,

Are they only going to be in the boosters in the fatpacks or will you get a plastic wrap stack of them
    they will be in both boosters And the plastic Wrap Stack. when you buy a fatpack you'll get 46 lands. 40 for the wrapped, 6 from the packs.
    Ravarshi Kashaku, Ancient Dragon of the Darkened Realms;
    The Merciless Lord of Torture, Permanently Bound To: ">[THE PACK] 11/5/63 - 11/25/09 Goodbye mom, i'll always love you...

Tibalt & His Devils vs. Avacyn's Inquisitors

My EDH decklists
    Quote from Ravarshi
    they will be in both boosters And the plastic Wrap Stack. when you buy a fatpack you'll get 46 lands. 40 for the wrapped, 6 from the packs.

you actually get 8 Boosters in the Fat Pack, so it would be 48 Land total.
    Quote from Mox Ryan
    "Splitting Headache"
    1WB - Instant
    A train leaves boston at 9:00 am traveling west at 63.5 mph...
    ... If you can determine, without the use of a calculator, what approximate longitude and lattitude the 2 trains will meet at in the midwest put a 1/1 Freaking Genius token into play under your control."

How hard do we have to work now a days for a little value in this game? ;p
    So... the only way to get the half-n-halfs is to buy the Preconstructed Theme Decks?
    Quote from Galspanic
    So... the only way to get the half-n-halfs is to buy the Preconstructed Theme Decks?

I imagine that the folks who run tournaments will get stacks of the regular lands for Limited events as well (does anyone know?), or else there are going to be full-art lands all over the place...and it will be a big LOL to the folks spending lots of money on Unhinged lands
    Quote from AEIOUsometimesY
    I imagine that the folks who run tournaments will get stacks of the regular lands for Limited events as well (does anyone know?), or else there are going to be full-art lands all over the place...and it will be a big LOL to the folks spending lots of money on Unhinged lands

It should be the same as usual with wizards sending out normal basics to organizers of the big limited events, wizards wouldn't bother doing normal and full art if the only thing getting normal was the theme decks.

And I doubt that this will effect the market for either Unglued or Unhinged lands. These are only extended art they still have the basic land - plains etc. text down the bottom and with 4 different versions of each land getting sets of a single type and art will be hard to do.

Don't get me wrong, they are cool, alot better than the normal lands(and will be worth a bit more to match that), but they don't have quite the same cool value as the Un-lands. This will just be the next evolution in the basic lands(original alpha without t or land type - Revised etc. with the original t symbol - 4th etc. with the second old t symbol - 5th etc. with the enlarged mana symbol in the textbox - 8th etc. with the new border and the "basic land - _____" text - and now this).

Machius proudly supports R_E's right to Rumour!
    Quote from Orange Mage
    In general, Machius is right on the button. You should follow his line of thinking.
    I hearby decree the nickname for the full art lands of Zendikar to be Zendilands. Of course, this name will need to be changed if this is the new way they release basic lands from Zendikar onwards.
    Looking to start a clan for Zork fans, PM if interested. Grin

Atrius' Posts 1W
    Instant
    You win target thread. If you aren't Atrius, Atrius wins that thread instead.
    "Wait, can you actually win a thread?" - Atrius.
    Quote from Dirk
    This is the first nonbasic land in ZEN:

Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
    Land
    Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle enters the battlefield tapped.
    Whenever a Mountain enters the battlefield under your control, if you control 5 other Mountains, Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
    : Add red mana to your mana pool.

This is a BIG jump from alara. This is a land that is good for only red decks, MAYBE with a splash. We can now assume that there is one of these for each color, with a different ability. I hope there is going to be dules of a sort...
    I don't think a splash is possible. Doing a splash, this land may never go online. It's already a stretch at 7th turn as it is.
    Last edited by Voltiare: 8/27/2009 9:56:24 AM
    Quote from AEIOUsometimesY

yes it would suck hard for those who threw away alot of money on the unhinged textless lands, but it will please more people than enrage others.

It's not like they're restricted or anything lol. If they are widely accepted, then im sure lands will be printed as such in future sets as well.
    Quote from charlequin

Recent discussions here and elsewhere have made it clear that there seems to be a group of players who consider blue and control synonymous, as if they somehow started playing a game with four identical and "bad" colors that do nothing interesting because they just "turn men sideways" and then true, glorious blue, the only thinking person's color.

EDH decks
    Marath, Will of the Wild
    Sygg, River Cutthroat
    Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer
    Sydri, Galvanic Genius
    Thassa, God of the Sea
    Finally, I can make a peasant cube with wicked lands. Grin

燃える時計秘密めく花の香り
    www.pokemoncrossroads.com
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes