Think you know what Wizards will and won't reprint? Test your skills! MTGSalvation is holding an exciting contest, and the prize is sealed box of Eternal Masters!
So, how does it work? Each user posts a prediction for five cards they think will be in the set, as well as five cards that could be in the set but that they believe won't be. Whichever user gets the most guesses correct is the winner, and gets the box!
Rules for selecting cards:
1) Select two separate lists, each containing five cards. The first list is cards that you believe will be in the set. The second list is cards that you believe will not be in the set.
2) You cannot pick Force of Will or Wasteland for the first list.
3) For both lists, you cannot select more than one card in a multi-card cycle (e.g. You cannot select both Marsh Flats and Scalding Tarn for either list.)
4) For the second list, cards you select must be from the following list, so as to disallow guesses for cards that obviously cannot be in the set:
-No cards on the Reserved List (http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/official-reprint-policy-2010-03-10).
-No cards that were printed in Khans of Tarkir, Fate Reforged, Dragons of Tarkir, Magic: Origins, Battle for Zendikar, Oath of the Gatewatch, or Shadows over Innistrad.
-No cards that were printed in Modern Masters 2.
-No Transform/Dual Faced Cards.
-No cards on the Vintage Banlist (Ante/Dexterity/Subgame/Conspiracy).
-Cards must appear in at least one deck played in the last 90 days as reported on metamox.com/Legacy.
In the event that more than one user correctly guesses the most cards, the following tiebreakers will be used:
1) For the second list, the more played as card is, the more points it is worth. The spoilered list above contains counts for how often each eligible card is played. Sum these numbers together for each card correctly guessed.
2) For the first list, the more played a card is, the more points it subtracts. If a card from the spoilered list above is selected, it is worth negative points equal to the count it was played. For cards that are legal in Vintage but not in Legacy, use -100. For any other card, use 0. For each card correctly guessed, subtract these points from the point total in #1 to get the final tiebreaker score.
3) Whichever user has the highest tiebreaker score is the winner.
4) In the event that two users have selected an identical list of cards, the user that submitted their list first is the winner. Please read prior entries to make sure you are not exactly duplicating another user's list!
If all of these guesses were to be correct, and another user had also correctly guessed all 10/10 cards, my tiebreaker points would be:
705 Scalding Tarn
321 Snapcaster Mage
179 Liliana of the Veil
235 Stoneforge Mystic
60 Sneak Attack
93 Natural Order
189 Show and Tell
59 Imperial Recruiter
Final Tiebreaker Score: 1843-635=1208
1) One entry per member
2) Store owners, WOTC employees, and MTG Salvation staff are excluded from winning, but may still enter for bragging rights.
3) An edited entry becomes invalid. If you wish to revise your entry, edit the initial entry and add "Rescinded", then post a new entry.
4) The contest closes on May 22rd at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time, or when the first official spoiler is released, whichever comes first.
5) In the event of an unofficial spoiler, any entries guessing a card or cards that were entered at least two hours prior to the appearance of the unofficial spoiler will be counted as correct. Any entry entered within two hours of the unofficial spoiler containing that card will have that guess treated as incorrect.
6) Any member found to be creating multiple accounts for the purposes of entering multiple times or to evade a ban or suspension in order to enter will be disqualified.
7) This contest is run, judged, and prized by the MTGSalvation staff and is not directly affiliated with Curse in any way.
Swords to Plowshares
Liliana of the Veil
Won't Be in the set
Circle of Proection: Red
Seal of Cleansing
Private Mod Note
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
I mostly play limited, so my comments on cards are primarily relevant to that format. I also play Modern Burn Fancy cheap fun and want to show the world your incredible Paint skills? Then come join us at the Magic MS Paint contest!
alpha mox emerald
beta time walk
4 goyfs received
3 liliana of the veil
4 karn liberated
3 force of will
4 grove of the burnwillows
3 horizon canopy
2 full art damnation