Torment's Herald (Metagame.it)

Today At 00.00 (GMT+1, less than 10 hours), this card will be spoiled by metagame.it (Italian Site).

Black
    Rare
    Enchantment Creature - Demon
    Flying
    3/3
    Bestow
    At Beginning of your upkeep you loose 1 life.

Site www.metagame.it
    Forum link: http://www.metagame.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=10567

I am not related with their staff, this post is for information purpose only.
    Last edited by Arael: 1/17/2014 4:43:01 AM
    "Born with wings of light and a sword of faith, this heavenly incarnation embodies both fury and purity."
    I hate spoiling cards in parts.

I think demon with bestow would have some nice flavor. Maybe 4/4, flying, bestow and "At the beginning of the upkeep sacrifice a creature" for 4 or smth similar.
    Hopefully he's less than seven mana so he might see play in any deck.
    Who cares if its good in EDH or Limited? 95% of cards are.

Drinking game idea: when someone blindly agrees on blogatog no matter how erroneous or short-sighted maro's reply is
    Quote from Dagaen
    I hate spoiling cards in parts.

I think demon with bestow would have some nice flavor. Maybe 4/4, flying, bestow and "At the beginning of the upkeep sacrifice a creature" for 4 or smth similar.
    I don't mind important storyline characters spoiled in parts, but that's not even legendary, so the sense of something special approaching is missing.

And since we've seen enchantment creature who is not god and doesn't have bestow, my vote for not-bestowing arena variant, some sort of Bloodgift Demon.
    It looks as though it's number 75 so to fit into the number crunch it'd have to be called 'Herald of Torment' or something and google translate agrees.
    A Shame that this demon's art isn't as beautifull as the other Theros demons.

I bet it has some sort of demon possession theme going on.

Thanks to SpiderBoy4 @ High-Light Studio's for the awesome banner

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.”
    —Volrath

I am petitioning for the removal of mythic rarity. Sig this to join the cause!
    Let's predict this demon. 8 mana for a 6/5

Some terrible unplayable triggered ability.
    I'm guessing he's going to be like a 7CMC flyer with an Inspired trigger.
    I hope it slots into Kaalia. The deck hasn't got a single good card since Gatecrash!
    A spicey rare Demon. Im intrigued
    I hope he is as good or even better than Desecration Demon.

My Modern Decks
    UWRUWR ControlUWR
    BGRJundBGR
    UBRCruel ControlUBR
    UBFaeriesUB
    UMono-U TronU
    Forgive my stupidity; but what time will this be spoiled Eastern time then? Like 2-3pm? I don't know exact crossovers so that's why I am asking.

Also. I can guarentee this will have Bestow, only because there is only one cycle of rare enchantment creatures without bestow in the set. I'm hoping the Bestoe cost is cheap, but you have to pay life or something to enchant a creature. That would be kind of cool. However, wizards always kinds of screws up demons by giving them drawbacks and no real benefit. Every now and then we get a good one though...
    SHANDALAR
    A Custom Core Set
    ---NAZURA---
    A Custom African-Themed Set
    ~THE RAVNICAN CONSORTIUM~
    A Community Set
    Commander: Allies & Adversaries

Quote from Drax
    A MAN CAN DREAM AND GET HIS SIMPLE MATHEMATICS WRONG.

Quote from jonnybgood23
    Pillarfield Ox? The legend returns.

Quote from TheWarden
    You had me at "Camel Shaman."

Really looking forward to seeing what this card does
    Quote from Toonamiguy
    I'm guessing he's going to be like a 7CMC flyer with an Inspired trigger.

Well as I understand it, Inspired represents mortals crossing the boundaries of the mortal's realm in their dreams -- so, flavourfully, it doesn't make much sense for a being already stemming from outside the mortal's realm (as indicated by the Enchantment Creature type/frame) to have an Inspired-ability.
    Of course, that might not matter.
    Another enchant creature in black?

I doubt it's another global enchantment on a stick, but if it is, it's probably the abyss.

I would like to have a bestow demon that does something bad to creature it is bestowed upon. For example -x/-x on echanted creature. So you eat a guy and then get your demon.
    He is deff five converted mana cost. Prob got double black...flying of course....and fetches something from graveyard or library....prob cooks a mean pot of mac n cheese too.
    fml
    I believe 7 p.m. EST is when the card will be spoiled. Hope it's a good one.
    I'm guessing it's Juzam Djinn, or something like it. Perhaps a 5/5 for 2BB, that bestows for 4BB and gives a creature +5/+5, but causes its controller two damage during his upkeep.
    Quote from fnord
    The problem with the historical parallels is that in real life raising armies of zombies wasn't an option.

Quote from Nof
    And it's a good thing, because the only thing we could have done against necromancer nazis would be to ally with the dinosaur-riding communists.
    Torments Herald definitely sounds like he could mess up opposing creatures like giving them -x/-x or something in that direction

My Modern Decks
    UWRUWR ControlUWR
    BGRJundBGR
    UBRCruel ControlUBR
    UBFaeriesUB
    UMono-U TronU
    Not 100% sure on the limits of bestow, but flavor wise, I'm thinking he could be a bestow demon where you gain control of the creature he is bestowing, and that creature gets whatever his stats are. Only seems right for something possessed by a demon.
    All your base are belong to us!
    Quote from enollava
    Not 100% sure on the limits of bestow, but flavor wise, I'm thinking he could be a bestow demon where you gain control of the creature he is bestowing, and that creature gets whatever his stats are. Only seems right for something possessed by a demon.

This is actually a pretty cool idea. But it'd probably be costed through the roof.

It'd be pretty un-classy to slow-spoil a jank card...

Originally Posted by Negatorator >
    Red's new color pie feature is that it doesn't do anything.
    Quote from Ferenczys
    I'm guessing it's Juzam Djinn, or something like it. Perhaps a 5/5 for 2BB, that bestows for 4BB and gives a creature +5/+5, but causes its controller two damage during his upkeep.

Very close!!! Cool
    Quote from Karric
    This is actually a pretty cool idea. But it'd probably be costed through the roof.

It'd be pretty un-classy to slow-spoil a jank card...

Given that so many of the rare and mythic rare cards in this set are Janky, I wouldn't be shocked if this is exactly what it is. My bestow guess is 4BB for a 4/4 flying creature. Regular casting cost is 3b. All a wild guess of course.

I based the 4BB of the 4 cmc of control magic, but now I'm thinking maybe 6BB because it seems control magic is too good for standard and giving a creature 4/4 would be way too powerful under the current evaluation processes of Wizards. Man I wish we could go back to the days where we had spells like Show and Tell and such in standard. I'm tired of saying "this card is a watered down version of X" Kinda like the new Bob 2.0 inspired dude.
    Last edited by enollava: 1/16/2014 8:52:47 AM
    All your base are belong to us!
    Quote from braviale
    Very close!!! Cool

Grinning demon with bestow then.
    Quote from Smooth Criminal
    Another enchant creature in black?

No. The P/T box guarantees it is a creature. It might be one of the creatures that acts as an enchantment, though... remember all the hullaballoo that there would never be any Licids ever again? I wonder if [after this cycle], the Licids don't get rewritten.

Again.
    Quote from skot1420
    He is deff five converted mana cost. Prob got double black...flying of course....and fetches something from graveyard or library....prob cooks a mean pot of mac n cheese too.

First pick Mac n Cheese in draft every time. Force the comfort food archetype.
    -- Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Mark Twain
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes