Agent of the Fates

I'd buy that for a dollar! And, indeed, I did. Four times.
    Quote from Yeef
    I'm curious: without using mechanics not in the set, what's your ideal 'heroic enabler?'

Fists of Ironwood, Galvanic Arc, Shielding Plax, or some card that targets, gives a positive effect, and cantrips. Smile
    Quote from Sunhome Ninja
    Question: Does Bloodrush work with Heroic or not?

I want to say no, because it's an ability... whereas Bestow specifically says you cast it as an Aura.

No, it has to be a spell that targets.
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black][B][SIZE=2]Standard:[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=1] [/SIZE] [SIZE=1][SIZE=1]Bident Layers B Devotion RG Devotion UW Control [/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Modern:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] Jund UW [SIZE=1]Control [SIZE=1]Combo Pod [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] [SIZE=1] [/SIZE] [B][SIZE=2]Legacy:[/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Dea[SIZE=1]thBlade [SIZE=1]RUG Delver[SIZE=1] [SIZE=1][SIZE=1]BUG Control [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE] [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT]

BBCode Render failed due to reaching MaxNestingDepth(5) for Tag: size

Quote from Wrathberry
    dont be affraid guys.. we still have nearly every common in the set to be spoiled, which means we will see a lot of common instant and sorcerys which target your creatures, to enable heroic.
    this kind of spells are just mostly common, so we didnt see them yet.

yeah, but if its good its rare or mythic nowadays, thats how wotc rolls with theros.
    Mizzium Skin and Hidden Strings love heroes.
    Standard -
    :symr::symwr::symw: Boros Control :symr::symwr::symw:

:symub::symb::symb: Devotion to Black (Blue Splash) :symub::symb::symb:
    Quote from wronkth
    uh, did people forget that ethereal armor is still around? with gods? and that hybrid orzhov aura? 1 more good aura in w or b and heroic goes from meh to great. one more after that and things get scary. i'm rage-quitting if they print a splashable u hexproof aura.

What about something like alpha authority? Targets, makes him hadd to deal with, and blocking sucks. Junk auras loves this with unflinching courage, gift of orzhova, and the aformentioned ethereal armor. I like red for madcap skills, but unflinching courage seems great
    ~
    Nothing but the rain...
    Don't know if anyone missed it, but this is what immediately popped into my head looking at this guy:

T3: Play Agent of the Fates.
    T4: Bestow Nighthowler on Agent of the Fates - Opponent Sacs.
    T5: Fuse Far // Away, targeting Far on Agent of the Fates - Opponent Sacs Twice - Nighthowler is now a creature.

How does that sound?
    Quote from JamieW
    Don't know if anyone missed it, but this is what immediately popped into my head looking at this guy:

T3: Play Agent of the Fates.
    T4: Bestow Nighthowler on Agent of the Fates - Opponent Sacs.
    T5: Fuse Far // Away, targeting Far on Agent of the Fates - Opponent Sacs Twice - Nighthowler is now a creature.

How does that sound?

Not bad!
    I ordered about 40 of them >_>
    Flames of the Firebrand could be useful as both Creature kill and as a Heroic enabler.
    Seems kinda cool and a bit iffy.
    Last edited by Sceadu: 9/11/2013 4:49:23 PM
    Are we in for a Black Winter?

These are the kind of cards that make me want to play standard.... I like the idea of a Dimir style deck, but this card screams Rakdos to me.... (or Jund....)

Ill have to brew something and see what comes out....
    This morning:
    Quote from Arska
    $1.49 at SCG. I believe it's going to go up a bit.

And now it's double that amount on SCG, $2.99.

Seems like a pretty solid card. Free edict effects are nice.
    Quote from beank
    Are we in for a Black Winter?

These are the kind of cards that make me want to play standard.... I like the idea of a Dimir style deck, but this card screams Rakdos to me.... (or Jund....)

Ill have to brew something and see what comes out....

Winter is coming.
    (had to say it!)
    You know, that five mana black devotion job might be goodto finish. The lifesteal one?
    ~
    Nothing but the rain...
    Quote from PhantomLotus
    This morning:

And now it's double that amount on SCG, $2.99.

Seems like a pretty solid card. Free edict effects are nice.

Well damn. I saw the .99 cent price this morning on my way out into the field and was hoping it would hold for the day. Was planning on buying three or so playsets; one for use and two sets for trades. I figured it get up there. I'm not sold that it'll sky rocket in value much more than what it is yet. It is *damn* good, but a 3/2 deathtouchers isn't going to sell on its own, and I think Heroic is so narrow that it won't be a black staple (There are really no solid black cards to use with it right now to trigger it that I know of). Still, in the right deck it'll be mean. Just not a 4-of in every deck running black. So I don't expect it to go above 5 or so. And considering S&H, it just isn't worth it now. I am quite annoyed I didn't get the chance to jump on itwhen I saw it on my smartphone.
    Quote from Sceadu
    Flames of the Firebrand could be useful as both Creature kill and as a Heroic enabler.
    Seems kinda cool and a bit iffy.

Unfortunately not at the same time. If you ping AotF for 1 and another creature for 2 any opponent who is on their game will just sac the creature your hitting for 2.

If you mean enable mulitple heroic creatures with a single spell, then yes that works-- but so would mizziumskin as Italofoca mentioned.
    WeirdBGWKaradorBGWWeird
    Quote from Cambrian

If you mean enable mulitple heroic creatures with a single spell, then yes that works-- but so would mizziumskin as Italofoca mentioned.

erm, overload doesnt target (gets past hexproof) so overloading mizzium skin isn't going to trigger heroic
    Word
    Quote from Cambrian
    Unfortunately not at the same time. If you ping AotF for 1 and another creature for 2 any opponent who is on their game will just sac the creature your hitting for 2.

Overload doesn't work sadly.

The reason why I said iffy was because of EXACTLY what you said and you would need to target something with at least 2 toughness to avoid killing the creature.
    Deviant Glee?
    These are now $4 at star city games.
    I really wish they had balanced them around spells or abilities. These would be so much better if they would work with things like Ajani.
    Quote from Sunhome Ninja
    OK, so Dimir Aggro is officially a thing now.
    (...)

Do you have particular card on mind you'd like to share ? Smile
    Quote from Sunhome Ninja
    OK, so Dimir Aggro is officially a thing now.

Grixis Cipher could be horribly OP if the duals from M13 weren't rotating out (the new ones aren't bad but they do slow the game down considerably).

Hidden Strings FTW.

Cipher hidden strings on this dude, untap your island and nother land and keep spell rupture up seems ok,

however, by no means would 'grixis cipher' be OP or dimir aggro 'officially a thing'.

damn casuals jumping to conclusions so fast
    Oh god..warrior's lesson or fates fortold on this would be pretty sweet Grin
    Quote from Serpos of Urug
    What does this mean? Are people expect buyback or something?

Replicate? Gonna Gigadrowse the **** out this card.

Trade List
    MTGSalvation trade list

---------------------------------------------------------

"If you kill me now, it is I who will live, not your damned apples."

"Just mention a firing pole with balls and he's
    already thinking about 'that'..."

Decks Played:
    Deadguy's WailBW (Legacy)
    SliversGWUBR (Modern)
    Vengevine the Rerevengeancening BRG (Modern)

Lets Debate
    Quote from FatBrussian
    however, by no means would 'grixis cipher' be OP or dimir aggro 'officially a thing'.

damn casuals jumping to conclusions so fast

Dimir Aggro was "officially a thing" when cards were printed in U/B.

To paraphrase MaRo: "You can build a deck...the cards are there. It just might not be a good deck..."
    Quote from movexig
    That, and you know what they say. If Wizards started shipping $100 bills in boosters tomorrow, people would scream and cry and whine that they were folded the wrong way.

If that's the color of your urine you should see a doctor.

//stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg">stat.rumandmonkey.com
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes