Satyr Planeswalker - storyline spoiler

Spoiled this image at PAX earlier, of a Satyr walker.

And this is from "Born of the Gods"

Eh?

EH?

Luke, I am your father????

Last edited by Crumpet: 9/1/2013 6:23:47 PM
    Crivens! I kicked meself in ma ain heid!
    Apparently in Born of the Gods/Journey into Nyx, Xenagos becomes a god and goes Nutso.
    Quote from jedimindtricks

Now, if we could just get that goblin walker. Preferably before the part in the storyline where he planeswalked right into Progenitus.

On the Subject of Master Biomancer:
    Quote from Lully
    That mythic is very mythic. Pillarfield ox has returned with a vengeance.

Many thanks to DNC at Heroes of the Plane Studios
    "They told me I could be anything....

so I became a God."
    http://kirblar024.wordpress.com - I has a blog now!

Current post- Grand Prix KC Modern Postmortem (7/7/13)
    If someone asks if you're a god... you say YES!
    Watch the world BURN: Fires Rf Salvation
    Currently Working On: Jund Ramp
    (RTR Block)
    GR My Blog RG (Std)
    Fairly confident that top picture is from the end of the trailer for Theros, the picture of the "usurper"

EDIT: YAY 1000 POSTS!!!

EDIT 2: Holy crap, my Macbook Pro Retina takes obscenely large screen caps. Resizing...

Here's the picture from the end of the video:

ATTACHMENTS
    • Screen Shot 2013-09-01 at 4.03.23 PM
    • Screen Shot 2013-09-01 at 4.05.53 PM
    Quote from Horseshoe_Hermit
    This thread stopped being serious after The Greendale Human Being's post. And I thank Pat for that.
    Quote from Lyciana
    As far as I know, most grandmothers are also mothers. I could be wrong though...

Want to be a better Magic player? Read the rulings forum and check out the comprehensive rules!
    Yep, with the previously unavailable information revealed at the panel, it all fits together and Xenagos is the big bad after all.
    Short list of things that have irrevocably ruined Magic FOREVER: the b&r list, the reserve list, fnm, the stack, damage on the stack, black-bordered core sets, new card face, 2004 legend rule change, futureshifted cards, tribal, planeswalkers, mtgo, reprinting lightning bolt, damage not on the stack, new deathtouch rules, no mana burn, eldrazi, not reprinting lightning bolt, dotp, hexproof, phyrexian mana, thragtusk, commander, 2013 legend rule change, newer card face.
    Nice Bolas horns he's got there behind the hair. Wink wink, cough cough
    However, I still think he's in cahoots with Mogis.

Now, if we could just get that goblin walker. Preferably before the part in the storyline where he planeswalked right into Progenitus.

Quote from Lully

Quote from KolbaneX

It's entirely possible, but I don't think there's any more evidence available to suggest that right now. I didn't watch the panel though, so if something was said to indicate that...
    Short list of things that have irrevocably ruined Magic FOREVER: the b&r list, the reserve list, fnm, the stack, damage on the stack, black-bordered core sets, new card face, 2004 legend rule change, futureshifted cards, tribal, planeswalkers, mtgo, reprinting lightning bolt, damage not on the stack, new deathtouch rules, no mana burn, eldrazi, not reprinting lightning bolt, dotp, hexproof, phyrexian mana, thragtusk, commander, 2013 legend rule change, newer card face.
    He downgrades into a god? What is he, stupid?
    Quote from Noobus Maximus

Who said he stops being a planeswalker? Imagine a planeswalking god.

And even if that's not the case, we're told that he hates feeling small and insignificant within the vast multiverse. It seems that he'd rather be the ruler of a single world than a mere traveler of the infinite planes

I don't see any reason to assume Mogis's involvement right now. That speculation was based on the assumption that the god pictured in the BotG and JiN pictures was him, but now we know that's not the case.
    Quote from KolbaneX

*throws arms up in the air*

Based on what?

As an aside, I'd imagine someone at WotC is a little angry about those leaked images.

What if he is a PLANESWALKING GOD.

Bam > straight into Zendikar?
    Crivens! I kicked meself in ma ain heid!

Upgrades* Neowalker<God<Old Walker

Quote from Lully

Does Nyx even exist on other planes? How does that work? If he becomes a God, then planeswalks to, I dunno, New Phyrexia or something. Does he keep his connection to Nyx, or what?
    Guys, he wants to become a god because as a planeswalker he realized how insignificant he was to the vast multiverse. As a God on Theros he can be a big fish in a small pond instead of a tiny fish in a vast ocean as far as motivations go. Not sure how they'll handle his god card if he gets one though.
    Quote from Geaux
    Guys, he wants to become a god because as a planeswalker he realized how insignificant he was to the vast multiverse. As a God on Theros he can be a big fish in a small pond instead of a tiny fish in a vast ocean as far as motivations go. Not sure how they'll handle his god card if he gets one though.

He'll get one.

Quote from Lully

It's definitely possible that we might not get an actual PW card for him in Theros proper.
    http://kirblar024.wordpress.com - I has a blog now!

Current post- Grand Prix KC Modern Postmortem (7/7/13)
    So... Colors.... Im guessing jund...
    Playing:

EDH:
    Niv-Mizzet

Legacy:
    The Rack

Modern
    Venser, the Sojourner Control
    Quote from Kirblar
    It's definitely possible that we might not get an actual PW card for him in Theros proper.

We will, that first art looks close enough to a PW art.

Quote from Lully

In before legendary creature planeswalker enchantment-god :p
    Duel Deck master Since 2009
    Decks used- GGarruk vs LilianaB, WElsepth vs TezzeretU, WGKnights vs DragonsR
    WGRAjani vs BolasRUB, WUVenser vs KothR, RUIzzet vs GolgariGB.
    WBSorin vs TibaltBR, WRHeros vs Monsters RG

Want to see other duel decks I made ? Check out my Blog ! Feel free to post advice or give topics for me to make duel decks out of, like Seasons Quad Deck Part 2
    Quote from Landrid
    In before legendary creature planeswalker enchantment-god :p

with flash
    Well if they follow a storyline.. they could do him as a God this set and then next set he could be a PW card. Kinda like the discovered what he really was.
    The Archduke of Evil
    Quote from archdukeofevil
    Well if they follow a storyline.. they could do him as a God this set and then next set he could be a PW card. Kinda like the discovered what he really was.

If they follow the storyline he will have a PW card, then a God card.

Quote from Lully

An arrogant planeswalker who decides to become a god sounds like a fine big bad of Theros block to me. Can't wait to see his card.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes