[Compiled] Upcoming Promo Information

It seems like in the last year or so there's been at least a couple Japanese promos without much explanation. Worldwake had Sparkmage as a Japanese promo as well as Loam Lion, iirc.

I'm quite sure there are explanations as to how you get the promos. The promos are given in Japan only so you probably wont see adverts for them anywhere else.

The promo Oran-Rief exists. The Dengeki Cunning Sparkmage is fairly easy to find. The Loam Lion and Oran-Rief are somewhat tougher to find. They are given out by certain stores in certain areas for buying 6 '6 card'-boosters. The Japanese Foil Promo Celestial Colonnade is the Japanese Buy a Box promo for Zendikar.

These are the Japanese Promos (non WPN, MPS) for the year together with signed and non signed variants of the Shepherd of the Lost promos. The Japanese Promo Steward of Valeron is not in the scan, but they are given out together with the Shepherd of the Lost at the Dengeki Character Festival in Chiba last year. Shepherd of the Lost isn't a magazine promo, only the Cunning Sparkmage is.

The full MPS Zendikar Land set have already been released as well.

Last edited by Magik321: 4/2/2010 2:22:37 AM

Signature and Avatar credits :):

Thanks to Topher and his shop: [Æther]:Card Avvy & Banner Templates for the sig!

My MTGS H/W list
    I'm a Third Party Trader. For Third Party Trades Pm me here.
    There are a couple of the new arts in the promo tab of the mtgo beta testing client.
    If someone fancies trawling through them im sure they will find something nice. I'd suggest focusing on the colourless non basic hate and red sorceries that force discard, although there are at least 4 other cards that i can't place the art for (including one regularly touted as a potential candidate to come off the legacy banned list!).
    Last edited by Kha: 4/25/2010 7:44:02 AM

Short Version
    1) I mulligan badly.
    2) I play too fast.
    3) I dont watch my opponent enough.
    4) I'm lazy with combat math.
    5) i always play aggresively.
    6) I dont sideboard correctly.
    7) I worry too much for card value when drafting.
    8) I forget most of the cards I pass in limited.
    9) I try to force archtypes whenever i draft.
    10) I play neat decks instead of good ones.
    Make your own http://samstod.com/?p=69
    The June FNM promo is cloudpost. I have a pic, but can't upload from my Droid.
    My articles
    You should read them.

"Rejoice, for bad things are about to happen"
    So, that would make the May FNM promo...?
    [ bjx.net ] [ RTools Event Extensions ] [ DCI L2 Judge ] [ Premier Event Scorekeeper ]
    Whoops, I meant May. Guess someone's a little excited for Summer.
    My articles
    You should read them.

"Rejoice, for bad things are about to happen"
    Quote from bradleyjx
    The following is a listing of all promotional cards that are known. If there are missing cards or promotions here, please post or PM with both the card names and a link for more information. (preferably to a thread on MTGS)

Gateway
    Worldwake: Leatherback Baloth, Kor Firewalker, Mirrored Depths (plane)
    Rise of the Eldrazi: <unknown>

Apparently the Gateway cards for Rise of the Eldrazi are Pathrazer of Ulamog and the underwhelming Curse of Wizardry.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=239640
    Do the MPR mailings usually happen at about the same time? I'm curious when last summer's MPR mailing was to get an idea when this year's will be.

I tried googling, didn't find the answer.
    Quote from ness_the_mess
    Do the MPR mailings usually happen at about the same time? I'm curious when last summer's MPR mailing was to get an idea when this year's will be.

MPR mailings are a mystery onto themselves. I got my autumn mailing in january this year.
    Rules Advisor

Quote from koloblicin

Your deck seems to be running at your opponent while at the same time trying to play the piano, ride a bike, and make an important business call.
    The last 3 mailings I have are April 2010, October 2009, and July 2009 (I saved the paper that came with the cards).

I believe they say there's a general time frame when they are sent, but they start counting your points like a month early prior to sending. For instance, my last one (April 2010, which was sent in March) had enough for 5 but they started counting the points up in Feb. so I only got 3 =/

Edit: I forgot to ask, has the 2010 Holiday Promo been release? I remember looking for pics of promos and I came across one that had cost that included Black Mana, but I don't remember if it was current for this year or a past year promo.
    Last edited by Techn0range: 5/18/2010 1:42:44 AM
    Quote from ness_the_mess

In past years, actually, there's only been 3 mailings a year. However, the past few mailings have had timeframes attached to the seasons, so it isn't unthinkable that there'll be a summer release this year and they'll move to 4/year.

In the past few mailings, though, the mailing has been around the same time as the previews for a set.
    [ bjx.net ] [ RTools Event Extensions ] [ DCI L2 Judge ] [ Premier Event Scorekeeper ]
    I'm a TO, and I just got the WPN Gateway kit for ROE in the mail. As was mentioned above, it has the Curse of Wizardry and the Pathrazer of Ulamog (which looks even sweeter in person). No surprises there. However, I got 40 of each (like used to happen) and no planar cards.

The opening post might want to edit out the "rumored plane" unless others have gotten something I did not.
    Looking to draft in C'ville? Send me a PM to get hooked up with Blue Spider Events...
    Quote from spyderdunn
    I'm a TO, and I just got the WPN Gateway kit for ROE in the mail. As was mentioned above, it has the Curse of Wizardry and the Pathrazer of Ulamog (which looks even sweeter in person). No surprises there. However, I got 40 of each (like used to happen) and no planar cards.

The opening post might want to edit out the "rumored plane" unless others have gotten something I did not.

I also got mine today. The "rumored" was actually for the entire line; the only source before was two uncommons among a 5-card promo update on MTGO, which would make sense as the WPN set for RoE, but wasn't confirmation until the mailings came out.
    An email sent out to tournament organizers today mentioned that retail stores will be able to get their hands on foil Nissa Revane promo cards to give out to people who bring them vouchers they receive for purchasing Duels of the Planeswalkers on Steam. I signed my store up for the promotion this morning, and the sign-up wasn't explicit about what card the promotion involved, but it did explicitly say that the kit included 30 copies of a foil premium card. So, anyway, there's a foil promo Nissa Revane coming out. The vouchers are being given away starting June 15th, and the program's sign-up said stores would have the product in stock in time to redeem vouchers. Seems a little sudden, but that's what it said.
    At the Archenemy Release there will be a Scheme-Promo-Card named "Plots That Span Centurys" (Mananation Ep. 107)
    Last edited by DraculDraconis: 5/31/2010 3:58:25 PM
    GENERATION 16: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    prerelease promo for scars is deathcoil wurm and fnm for september is qasali pridemage
    Forthcoming reward promos are day of judgement(foil) brave the elements and doom blade
    Rules Advisor

Quote from koloblicin

Your deck seems to be running at your opponent while at the same time trying to play the piano, ride a bike, and make an important business call.
    Steel Hellkite is the SoM launch promo.
    Damn and I was hoping it was Koth. . . (^_^)
    The Heir to Rakdos
    Quote from midnight_v
    Damn and I was hoping it was Koth. . . (^_^)

You woulda had better luck with the prerelease! Releases are always rare! Grin

[23:18] <CC> You're somehow gayer than I am.
    Check out the thread for my cube if you have the time, and tell me how terrible it is.

Generals meant to be drafted first in a single pack of 6 cards.

And here is the actual cube, meant to be drafted in 4 regular sized packs. (60 card decks)
    FNM: November Gatekeeper of Malakir

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=272575

Avatar and Sig made by my Brother, Rai Kerensky.

⑨Rai's Little Brother⑨TradesNewTrades⑨Official Hugger of [The Crafters]⑨Need a hug?
    Seems the SOM Gateway promos are Golem's Heart and Plague Stinger: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=276961

Just like the Steam sample decks and foil Nissa - the release of Duels of the Planeswalkers for PS3 will have a voucher system to get 2 sample decks (no word on contents, but usually basics, commons, and an uncommon or 2) and foil Liliana Vess.

Found this in the WPN Materials Sanctioning.

The fine print:
    Terms & Conditions:

You agree to provide one (1) premium Liliana Vess promo card and two (2) new sample decks to customers who present a printed out PS3 Duels of the Planeswalkers voucher produced by Wizards of the Coast between November 2, 2010 and March 31, 2011, while supplies last.

Upon selecting YES and submitting this form by October 15th you will be enrolled in this program and Wizards will ship a kit to you containing 30 premium promo cards, 60 new sample decks and other materials in time for the November 2, 2010 through March 31, 2011 promotion. Please allow 2 weeks to receive your kit if you sanction after the October 15th date.

If you have questions, run into problems with your shipment, or need to order additional sample decks, please contact Wizards at www.wizards.com/customerservice or (800) 324-6496. Thank you for your continued support!
    Last edited by spyderdunn: 10/18/2010 9:16:02 PM
    Looking to draft in C'ville? Send me a PM to get hooked up with Blue Spider Events...
    Quote from bradleyjx

Professional Events
    Grand Prix 2010: Umezawa's Jitte
    Pro Tour 2010: Avatar of Woe
    Grand Prix 2010: Maelstrom Pulse
    Pro Tour 2010: Ajani Goldmane

You have 2010 for Maelstrom Pulse and Agani Goldmane, where it should be 2011.
    Standered
    U/B mana Tezz Infect U/B mana
    EDH
    :symb::symg::symw: Doran, the Exporan :symw::symg::symb:
    U/R mana Jhoira of the Storm U/R mana
    :sympb: Ob Noxious, the Fallen :sympb:

i!Huge thanks to Nakamura and the team at Heroes of the Planes Studios!i
    Goldmane? Really? Eww. He's been cut in every deck I played. Mono-white Kithkin gave way to W/r for Vengeant over Goldmane. Hell, I even cut him from my EDH deck, which is a TOKENS deck!
    EDH: Thraximundar
    Legacy: Deadguy splash green
    Modern: Naya Zoo, Beats and Taxes
    Do bear in mind he's the only original PW card that up until then did not have a Alternate art

Avatar and Sig made by my Brother, Rai Kerensky.

⑨Rai's Little Brother⑨TradesNewTrades⑨Official Hugger of [The Crafters]⑨Need a hug?
    is there a image of the new nacatl?
    Quote from Jivanmukta
    Wouldn't Bizarro Jace give your opponents card advantage?

Quote from jamis
    Last time I went to an SCG Open, I told my parents I was going to the strip club because it was easier.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes