Fat pack opened on Chinese forum

Someone on a Chinese forum claimed he've opened a fat pack.
    He got:
    Ral Zarek
    Godless Shrine
    Azorius champion
    Boros champion
    Possibility Storm
    Skylasher 2cmc (Rare) Green Spider 2/2 Flash, can't be countered, reach, protection from blue
    Renegade Krasis 3cmc (Rare) Green Beast Mutant 3/2 Evolve, Whenever ~ evolves, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control with +1/+1 counters on it
    Scion of Vitu-Ghazi (Rare) 5cmc 4/4 White elemental When ~ enters the battlefield, if you cast ~ from your hand, put a 1/1 white Bird token with flying onto the battlefield, then populate.
    Reap Intellect (Mythic) Sorcery X2UB Target opponent reveals hand, you choose X non-land cards from among them. Search that player's library, hand and graveyard for cards with the same name of those cards and exile them. Then that player shuffles library.

Source: http://www.iplaymtg.com/thread-50033-1-1.html

Edit: I've tried to get some more information since the screenshot looks like a famous otaku forum in China (saraba1st). When I visited the site, it says it's closed under maintenance.
    Last edited by dwaynedu: 4/18/2013 11:07:27 AM
    Magic Level 2 Judge
    Currently Playing:
    Standard: Jund Monsters / Esper Control
    Modern: Tarmo-Twin
    Legacy: WUB/g Deathblade
    So he draws the one Mythic that is still missing??

Also, that drake-nomming spider is quite insane!

Renegade Krasis is known...

The Scion ain't bad, 6 power for 5...
    If that one UB mythic is real, I am loving it.
    It is fine to have beliefs. It is idiotic to think that they are in any way significant.
    I love unadulterated anti-Blue designed cards. Skylasher looks fun and has such an awesome name. But it should still be called "Island-Lasher!!!!!!"
    Renegade Krasis was already known. If that's the last mythic ... it's pretty bad. Slaughter Games seems strictly better. Skylasher, though, will see lots of play. Too bad there aren't a lot of blue creatures that see play.
    Last edited by FinalLogic: 4/17/2013 9:50:29 PM
    I strongly assume the Mythic goes after non-land cards, otherwise it is insane.
    Lobotomy variants are always cool, even though I don't run them anymore in my decks. I want some sick art for the card with a fun name like that.
    Yeah someone spoiled the last Dimir mythic earlier but the cost was wrong. Glad that it's actually better than originally spoiled. It was XXBU, X2BU is a little better.
    Scion is cool. Am I reading that, right, though? It is white, not green/ white?
    edit: I can't read
    meow \o/
    I thought Shocklands would be in the land slot, so shouldn't there be another rare?
    Anyway, if I got that Fat Pack, I'd be happy...
    Quote from Tearlach
    I thought Shocklands would be in the land slot, so shouldn't there be another rare?

I count nine cards.
    But it should have nine packs anyway.
    Oh yeah. I haven't opened one since they were eight. So yeah, if this is real, a rare is missing.
    Really like the Scion! Getting a pair of them for my Séance deck! Also very good with the */* token as it gives you three creatures.
    The Skylasher is an odd one, but hey, more control hosing! Would have been amazing if Delver was still a thing, but he is in older formats, so who knows?
    The mythic is... Too similar to Slaughter Games...
    Last edited by Tackman: 4/17/2013 9:59:09 PM
    Wait, does it exile the card from hand too? If its just from the deck its terrible...
    Wow that skylasher has a lot of abilities on it with a lot hate on blue. The Dimir Mythic seems ok maybe constructed playable as you can remove multiple possible threats but if they haven't drawn those threats yet it's pretty underwhelming in my opinion. How did he/she even have access to a fat pack this early?
    Quote from jaykec
    Wait, does it exile the card from hand too? If its just from the deck its terrible...

Pretty sure it does, it wouldn't make much sense otherwise.
    Scion will see play just like Blade Splicer saw play ... it's a way to get a lot of bodies out for relatively cheap (though not as cheap as Splicer). Even better if you have a Beast Token or Wurm Token (or Voice of Resurgence elemental) on the battlefield. Too bad it's not blinkable at all.
    Quote from Tackman
    The mythic is... Too similar to Slaughter Games...

It's a multi-strike Lobotomy.

The big difference being that with slaughter Games, unless you Gitaxian Probe them, you're guessing... Here, they reveal their hand, then you choose.

This is of course strong against a lot of blue stuff (kill counterspells, Snapcasters, etc.) but exactly those decks will have strong countermeasures. If this had the uncounterable clause like Slaughter Games, it would be quite ridiculous.

I guess the Dimir fans will continue complaining...

The big difference being that with slaughter Games, unless you Gitaxian Probe them, you're guessing... Here, they reveal their hand, then you choose.

This is of course strong against a lot of blue stuff (kill counterspells, Snapcasters, etc.) but exactly those decks will have strong countermeasures. If this had the uncounterable clause like Slaughter Games, it would be quite ridiculous.

The complaining will continue until the cards improve.

Quote from cryogen
    Beaten to the punch. Besides, if people were right all the time, Jivan would be out of a job.

Quote from alblaster
    I swear Jivan you're everywhere, where there are cries about edh. You aren't the spirit that the edh community deserves, but the spirit that the edh community needs.
    Oona-Combo, ">Oona-Control, Wrexial

Far and Away their field during their end step, bouncing a Thrag or something else impressive, saccing another of their creatures. During your turn drop a land, tap six so x=2 for Reap. You will, for sure, hit their Thrag. Plus you get to Lobotomize something else.

Slaughter Games you know their deck and might hit a card out of hand, here you're Duressing them and then insulting them on top of it. Which is better varies by circumstances.
    The cost of the Dimir mythic is really x2UB? I find that so awkward.
    Link

CCC Contest Wins:
    DCC [Month]|2
    I'm skeptical, because the list is a rare short. If it's fake, it'd be easy to screw up and forget shocks don't take the rare slot of the pack.

[23:18] <CC> You're somehow gayer than I am.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes