Dan Emmons

Development Team
    Zac Hill (lead)
    Erik Lauer
    Mark Globus
    Mark Gottlieb
    Masami Ibamoto
    Sam Stoddard

Languages English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
    Available in Booster Packs, Intro Packs*, Event Decks*, Fat Pack*

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/1101

We have conformation that Nicol Bolas in not involved with this set.
    Further posts about nothing but Bolas will be deleted.

Post Confirming the dragon is in fact Niv
    http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/image/35635872292
    ATTACHMENTS
    • 1101_wpeiq8ci36
    • 1101_jesd1ii575
    • 1101_1lap7px1cb
    Last edited by Arcadic: 11/30/2012 11:39:50 AM
    This is... a little odd. I imagine the "Dragon" is good ol' Niv. As far as the maze... I have no idea.

Signature by| Rakdos |Scion of Zendikar
    Ral Zarek is in

ATTACHMENTS
    • ralz
    If you like magic art and artists, check out this thread and vote on your favorite art by artist.

Currently voting on: Hideaki Takamura
    Definitely looks like Ral's here. Not sure I like the name of the set, but at least we'll find out what Niv Mizzet has been up to.
    Current Standard Decks

under construction...
    The first thing that comes to mind is a good ol' DnD romp. Can't wait for this!
    Well... would not have expected that name at all. Can't say I'm a fan of the name, but I am intrigued by what it could mean for the end of the block's story.
    ~Th3 GrÅnD€§† SµPeR1Ør~

Special thanks to Hakai Studios and SushiOtter for the sig!

Active:
    X Metalworker MUD
    WUR Miracle Control
    BRG Punishing Jund
    UBRG Ad Nauseam Tendrils
    WUBRG Manaless Dredge

Inactive:
    U Monoblue Omnitell
    UR Sneak and Show
    WUB Esper Stoneblade
    URG Canadian Threshold
    WUR Patriot Delver
    WUG Bant
    UBG Shardless BUG
    UBG Team America
    WUBRG The Epic Storm
    RG Charbelcher
    Niv-Mizzet's grand plan all along was to make a super fun amusement park for all the guilds!

Seriously, I have no idea how to interpret the set title. Doesn't sound post-apocalyptic or like a "resolution" or anything at all.

EDIT: The set symbol is the RTR symbol underneath the GTC symbol. Uhh... okay.
    Quote from Lorelorn
    Ral Zarek is in

It certainly looks that way, but people speculated he'd be in RTR based off the Nivix Guildmage art, so don't start counting your chickens just yet. Smile
    Awful, awful name. Sounds much better as a Legendary Land, not a set name.

GatheringMagic.com Commander Writer
    Twitter: @mtgcolorpie
    One of the GDS2 Final 101

Recently Written Posts:
    1-31 MTGCP The Complete Commander - Designing Commander
    12-18 MTGCP The Day Kibler Shut Down the World
    I heard this set is gong to be a-MAZE-ing. Hahaha lol.

It's going to be one of those sets that has neither Dragons, nor Mazes, and the title is just to lead us in the wrong direction.

Oh wait, Blue-Red leader IS a dragon. Well it's not going to be like Scourge's all Dragons all the time, or IZZET?

But seriously, Dragon's Maze. Like the Wii, the name will grow on you.

But I have to say, best logo ever, since Mirrodin Besieged.
    Er, wow. I did not see this coming. And the Ral Zarek art (which I personally haven't seen because I've been paying less attention to Art Fight than I should) is incredible. I'm excited for this.
    DCI Rules Advisor

Currently playing:
    (Temporarily on hiatus from playing, but still a rules advisor.)
    Man, when they said Niv was up to something, they really meant he was up to something. I bet his maze is really hard, kind of like that one where you move the mouse cursor over the line and that face jumps out and scares the life out of you.
    SHANDALAR
    A Custom Core Set
    ---NAZURA---
    A Custom African-Themed Set
    ~THE RAVNICAN CONSORTIUM~
    A Community Set

Quote from Drax
    A MAN CAN DREAM AND GET HIS SIMPLE MATHEMATICS WRONG.

Quote from jonnybgood23
    Pillarfield Ox? The legend returns.

Quote from TheWarden
    You had me at "Camel Shaman."

I guess that explains why they suddenly reduced the score to see the wallpaper in Art Fight...!

And I guess that confirms Ral Zarek even more!
    Interesting name. But we'll see what they do with it.
    Quote from "Feared and Fearless" »
    Stephen Hawking can say the sky is made of Jello, but that doesn't make it true.

EDH Logic:
    Casual EDH decks are decks that are worse than mine. Competitive EDH decks are decks that are better than mine.
    That is one ugly name. Definitely. But maybe it kinda does tie together the whole thing about Niv-Mizzet having some sort of grand scheme.
    Standard:
    WR We Are Boros RW

kwis on fun decks:
    Quote from kwis
    I personally prefer 75 islands. There is nothing than the look on your opponents face once they start trying to play around your counter magic and you know you're sitting on a deck full of islands and nothing else.

It also allows you to board in 15 cards and completely mess with their head between the boarded games.
    Also, just noticed that the set's symbol is the ones of RTR and GTC combined... :p
    That definitely is Ral, but that doesn't look like planewalker art; the framing is totally off (right?).

But on the other hand, I can't quite imagine what else that art would be for.
    I was intrigued... at how will they reveal/or not reveal the Dragon's plans. (assume it Niv)

The expansion symbol is reeally ugly. If it combines the symbol of the 2 sets, then they should have designed the prior symbols to combine well. this seems forced.
    CUBES: [450 Unpowered] [300 Modern Pauper] [360 Mirran] [Reject Rare]
    Quote from MammonAzrael
    It certainly looks that way, but people speculated he'd be in RTR based off the Nivix Guildmage art, so don't start counting your chickens just yet. Smile

There's a big difference between art that looks kinda like Ral Zarek, and artwork that is definitely Ral.
    Quote from Affey
    That definitely is Ral, but that doesn't look like planewalker art; the framing is totally off (right?).

It's just like the RTR Jace splash, with Jace as a Planeswalker, but different art.
    Quote from Affey

Often Fat Pack art is what gets spoiled first.
    If you like magic art and artists, check out this thread and vote on your favorite art by artist.

Currently voting on: Hideaki Takamura
    I'm calling it now. The Guild Champions (who everyone already thinks are in) will participate in some kind of event to determine the greatest Guild of all. An event called the Dragon's Maze!

EDIT: Oh and I floop the pig to eat all the Dragon's Maize.
    L1 Judge

I have no idea how to interpret the name "Dragon's Maze". It doesn't sound like a final block to me, no impending threat, no resolution, no... nothing really. Just odd. I guess they REALLY wanna focus on Niv a LOT this block. -sigh-

Thank Heroes of the Plane for an awesome banner!
    Currently Playing:
    Standard
    RWBGFritesGBWR
    GBBG ZombiesBG
    Extended:
    lolno

Gleemax shall take over the world. Go Gleemax.:D

Quote from Icarael

And with multiple people playing it, a game of EDH is going to turn into the Cuban Missile Crisis.
    Last I checked, Nicol Bolas was a dragon. Why is everyone assuming the named dragon is Niv? Slant
    the way that Niv is going to get the guilds to work together is putting them into a D&D maze and forcing them to work together, creating tri colored cards!!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes