Name and Number Crunch

With the addition of Consuming Aberration at 152, you'll have to move some of the other cards around. Domri actually looks like it's suppose to be 156 not 150 and it looks like Drakewing is 157 which would make it just after Domri.
    Okay, fixed everything I could find and counted a bunch of spans to do so.
    The Commander Gauntlet | Lameria
    BGW Ghave, Guru of Spores | UB Vela the Night-Clad | B Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker | R Norin the Wary | RG Stonebrow, Krosan Hero
    GUB The Mimeoplasm | BRG Kresh the Bloodbraided | RGW Uril the Miststalker | WUB Zur the Enchanter | GW Captain Sisay
    RWU Zedruu the Greathearted | UB Grimgrin, Corpse-Born | BR Kaervek the Merciless | BRG Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
    UBR Nicol Bolas | GUB Damia, Sage of Stone | X Karn, Silver Golem | UR Melek, Izzet Paragon
    Quote from chaosof99
    Okay, fixed everything I could find and counted a bunch of spans to do so.

Thank you for doing all of this Chaos! Small error (possibly): My eyes keep seeing 133/249 for Skarrg Goliath. Comparing the second 3 with the 2, they don't look similar. Here's the thread -- Second card Maybe it's just me?
    Can we not do the whole speculation with this thread thing again? There are 50 other threads for speculating what's coming, putting Terramorphic in that slot just repeats what happened with M13/RTR all over again. Last time it was Hellion Crucible and Rogue's Passage, brand new cards.

I can understand the OP has personal speculations, but this should be a straight evidence thread only. Speculation on cards that will or won't be in should be reserved for the other forums or threads. This is a name/number crunch.

Regardless, thanks for doing this, it helps a lot of us.
    Proud Member of the "Help Fblthp Get Home in DGM" Society

Quote from WoodWraith
    Quote from PiMan
    Quote from WoodWraith
    So many ooze cards in RTR block! Now all we need is an "ooze lord".
    We have Mark Rosewater already.
    Yeah,but his weakness to bus based removal is so crippling. Certainly not a 4 of.
    Domri Rade is definitly #156

Angel [Skirmisher] > Angelic Skirmisher

Biovisionary is now a confirmed name

High Priest of Penance's name is confirmed
    Last edited by PorcelainGod: 1/5/2013 11:59:23 AM
    Also, Skullcrack is confirmed at 104, and Clan Defiance at 151.
    Quote from Sniffnoy
    Also, Skullcrack is confirmed at 104, and Clan Defiance at 151.

Source for Skullcrack's confirmation at #104?? It DEFINITELY looks to be #106 (even with the naked eye).

I mean, just compare what you say is confirmed to be a "4" in the number 104 to the "4" in the number 249 — they look nothing alike.
    Last edited by AwakeningAutumn: 1/4/2013 10:15:11 PM
    Quote from AwakeningAutumn
    Source for Skullcrack's confirmation at #104?? It DEFINITELY looks to be #106 (even with the naked eye).

Agreed. I zoomed up to 250% on my browser, and I am 100% sure that the image specifies 106.

Zoomed image incoming.

If that's not 106, I don't know what to say...
    ATTACHMENTS
    • Skullcrack
    Last edited by Drifting Skies: 1/4/2013 10:18:07 PM
    Level 2 Judge Smile
    Went to a new shop from a friend's recommendation, DQ'ed for willful violation of CR 100.6b.

(Credit to DarkNightCavalier)

$tandard: Too poor.
    Modern:
    - GW/B mana Melira Pod
    Legacy:
    - GW Enchantress
    - UWR Pyrodelver

I mean, just compare what you say is confirmed to be a "4" in the number 104 to the "4" in the number 249 — they look nothing alike.

Span-counting. I am too tired to explain it now, but I will edit in an explanation later if nobody else has explained it by then.
    * Go to the visual spoiler on http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/article.aspx?x=mtg/tcg/gatecrash/cig
    * Use 'Control U' to look at the the source code of the page.
    * Count the 's.
    * There's one directly after each card, and one in each slot where a card will eventually be. (So e.g. if two cards have no other cards between them, there will be one between them; if there's one other card between them, there will be two 's between them.)
    * Similarly this allows us to tell just where each section begins and ends. (This is "sections" as displayed on the website like id="divwhite", id="divmulticolored" or id="divhybrid")
    Last edited by Hunter: 1/5/2013 4:22:35 AM
    Why is terramorphic expanse here?
    Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote from Wildfire393
    There has never been a land that enters the battlefield untapped unconditionally and taps for two colors unconditionally. That would be strictly better than a basic land
    Quote from chaosof99 »
    Names in italics are speculation

If you wish to dispute that land do so here.
    http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=475554.

There's no proof she's being chased
    by ninja squirrels either
    . - Dr. Wilson
    Quote from Hunter
    * Go to the visual spoiler on http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/article.aspx?x=mtg/tcg/gatecrash/cig
    * Use 'Control U' to look at the the source code of the page.
    * Count the 's.
    * There's one directly after each card, and one in each slot where a card will eventually be. (So e.g. if two cards have no other cards between them, there will be one between them; if there's one other card between them, there will be two 's between them.)
    * Similarly this allows us to tell just where each section begins and ends. (This is "sections" as displayed on the website like id="divwhite", id="divmulticolored" or id="divhybrid")

Sorry, but this span-counting just looks like complete and utter jibberish! Why do we even need it, if everyone can clearly see that the card in question: Skullcrack, is definitely #106. If your beloved span-counting says otherwise, it's straight-up WRONG! Drifting Skies (thank you!) provided the zoom for us, and everyone can plainly see the numbers are 1-0-6/2-4-9.

>> I really don't know how much more proof is needed here!?

EDIT: So I just performed your precious span-counting, and wouldn't you know it, Skullcrack still comes out to 106. There are two spans before Tin Street Market, which is confirmed at 108, and two spans after Tin Street Market for Viashino Shanktail, which is confirmed at 110.

Alternatively, span-counting shows Experiment One to be 119 instead of 115 (counting backwards from Skarrg Goliath at 133/249).
    Last edited by AwakeningAutumn: 1/5/2013 2:29:04 PM
    Sorry, but this span-counting just looks like complete and utter jibberish! Why do we even need it, if everyone can clearly see that the card in question: Skullcrack, is definitely #106. If your beloved span-counting says otherwise, it's straight-up WRONG! Drifting Skies (thank you!) provided the zoom for us, and everyone can plainly see the numbers are 1-0-6/2-4-9.

>> I really don't know how much more proof is needed here!?

EDIT: So I just performed your precious span-counting, and wouldn't you know it, Skullcrack still comes out to 106. There are two spans before Tin Street Market, which is confirmed at 108, and two spans after Tin Street Market for Viashino Shanktail, which is confirmed at 110.

Alternatively, span-counting shows Experiment One to be 119 instead of 115 (counting backwards from Skarrg Goliath at 133/249).

Skullcrack is definitely 2 before Tin Street Market in spans. Sniffnoy probably counted wrong. It's nothing to get worked up about.
    Quote from jarsyl
    Skullcrack is definitely 2 before Tin Street Market in spans. Sniffnoy probably counted wrong. It's nothing to get worked up about.

Personally, I use the name and number crunch frequently as well as create spreadsheets for every set as to track my collection accurately.

You are mistaken, nobody is getting worked up about anything here. I, and I assume this applies for Drifting Skies, too, were merely trying to correct an obvious error that was reportedly being inaccurately confirmed. We're all in this together: Trying to crack the case like a big jigsaw puzzle; trying to decipher and determine what reprints could be likely and what potential names could be for (as of yet unnamed) spoiled art. That is all.
    Are there really going to be that many hybrid cards in the set? I'm excited. I thought it would be fewer for some reason.

Yes, I miscounted. I don't think it's necessary to be snippy about it. I didn't claim any sort of private information -- to the contrary, I used an entirely public and verifiable method, allowing others to catch my mistake. I didn't actually provide an explanation as I was quite tired at the time, but as others have since explained it, I no longer need to do so.

Note that in addition to being used relatively -- to judge distances between cards -- the method can also be used absolutely. As Hunter pointed out, you can see where each section begins and ends. This allows us to determine how many cards there are in each section and provides absolute anchor points. If you spot something that appears to be an inconsistency, I suggest going back to the absolute baselines to resolve it.

Edit: Yup -- Experiment One is 119, not 115. Thanks for pointing that out. Note though that you could have determined this more easily by counting forward from the start of the green section, rather than backward from Skarrg Goliath.
    Quote from Target Player
    Are there really going to be that many hybrid cards in the set? I'm excited. I thought it would be fewer for some reason.

3 per guild, just like in RTR.
    Dimir Charm is #154

Signal the Clans is #194, locking in Simic Charm and Skargg Guildmage

#116 for Crocanura seems to be right
    Last edited by Hunter: 1/6/2013 11:30:42 PM
    Quote from Sniffnoy
    Edit: Yup -- Experiment One is 119, not 115. Thanks for pointing that out. Note though that you could have determined this more easily by counting forward from the start of the green section, rather than backward from Skarrg Goliath.

No worries, mate. It took zooming up to 250% to see that the supposed '5' was actually a '9' -- only 2 G cards before "Exp.." seemed highly unlikely!

Again, I was performing span-counting for the first time, so I was more comfortable counting backwards from a Gcard with a confirmed number, in this case, Skarrg Goliath. Now I know about the 'anchor points'. Thanks, mate. No hostility, nor snippiness involved or intended in prior messages.
    Vizkopa Confessor #205, Vizkopa Guidlmage locked at #206

Undercity Plague either #82, #83 or #84. Can't make it out exactly.

Rubblebelt Raiders #224
    Last edited by Hunter: 1/8/2013 12:02:47 AM
    Quote from Hunter
    Vizkopa Confessor #205, Vizkopa Guidlmage locked at #206

Undercity Plague either #82, #83 or #84. Can't make it out exactly.

Rubblebelt Raiders #224

Looks most like an 83 to me.
    Quote from Hellsend
    Why is terramorphic expanse here?

Yeah, seriously. Isn't Transguild Promenade like a billion times more likely?
    Quote from Weisse
    Yeah, seriously. Isn't Transguild Promenade like a billion times more likely?

Agreed. We did this during the M13 N&N Crunch, and pretty much always wrong on the italics. Just leave those spots blank and stop confusing people.
    http://www.twitter.com/jturphy - Follow me on Twitter!
    Check out http://www.mtgbrodeals.com/author/john-murphy/ for my EDH articles!
    Goblin [Scrapper] = Hellraiser Goblin
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes