5 Foil Mythics

Quote from Mashayous
    Please be real.. I want a peek at the new guild mechanics Grin Looks like the Gruul and Boros mechanics are gonna get a very early spoil if this is real.

Not to say Gatecrash could be different, but RTR guild leaders had nothing even close to their guild's mechanics on them.

Some random dragon that is probably awful... This could be real.

Standard
    W.I.P.
    EDH
    WNorn Tokens
    Quote from Mashayous
    Please be real.. I want a peek at the new guild mechanics Grin Looks like the Gruul and Boros mechanics are gonna get a very early spoil if this is real.

Even if this gives us some early spoils, keep in mind that the guild leaders usually don't have their guild's mechanic. The two mono colored cards might have a guild mechanic however...
    Quote from Dlucks
    Not to say Gatecrash could be different, but RTR guild leaders had nothing even close to their guild's mechanics on them.

Quote from nerf
    Even if this gives us some early spoils, keep in mind that the guild leaders don't have their guild's mechanic. The two mono colored cards might have a guild mechanic however...

Trostani does, and Rakdos has his guild's original mechanic. So there's a chance.

Practice for Vintage Masters Limited:
    Draft: (#1) (#2) (#3) (#4)
    Here's to hoping! Either way, early spoils are very good.
    Standard:
    WR We Are Boros RW

kwis on fun decks:
    Quote from kwis
    I personally prefer 75 islands. There is nothing than the look on your opponents face once they start trying to play around your counter magic and you know you're sitting on a deck full of islands and nothing else.

It also allows you to board in 15 cards and completely mess with their head between the boarded games.
    Quote from Dlucks

And a boring name to boot. Don't throw these out yet.
    has anyone contacted the phone number yet?
    Quote from KitsuneWarlock
    One guy would not risk his career and the legal implications of what he was doing to do this. On the career side, this would cost the manufacturer their contract and the individual his job. On the legal side, you better believe you can't take copyrighted materials from a client you've signed an NDA with and pocket them home.

Heck, Wizards has fired employees for such misconduct with the (limited) printing capabilities they (had?). Upperdeck lost the rights to Yu-Gi-Oh! over something similar too...

You must be under the misapprehension that the guy selling these is a responsible mid-level employee with a vested interest in the company rather than a low-level stockman or menial who signed a whole bunch of paperwork when he got the job because someone told him to.

It can be as illegal or stupid as you like, but I'm pretty sure that has never stopped humanity from trying it anyway.
    Originally Posted by fadeblue
    Oh, and thanks for the politics lesson - you'll have to put up with us ignorant Americans
    Quote from Geaux
    has anyone contacted the phone number yet?

I'd urge everyone to let the OP handle contact with this person. I don't think the seller would appreciate getting 67 phone calls in the middle of the night and I doubt that would increase our chances of getting scans.

Practice for Vintage Masters Limited:
    Draft: (#1) (#2) (#3) (#4)
    Quote from fnord
    I'd urge everyone to let the OP handle contact with this person. I don't think the seller would appreciate getting 67 phone calls in the middle of the night and I doubt that would increase our chances of getting scans.

Valid point, designate one person to.
    Standard:
    WR We Are Boros RW

kwis on fun decks:
    Quote from kwis
    I personally prefer 75 islands. There is nothing than the look on your opponents face once they start trying to play around your counter magic and you know you're sitting on a deck full of islands and nothing else.

It also allows you to board in 15 cards and completely mess with their head between the boarded games.
    Quote from fnord

TBH now that the OP has published this on a public forum, the guy is going to get inundated with people wanting to buy them and flog them on ebay.

Oh, and WotC are probably about to send around the guy's in suits to retrieve their property.

Edit: And using the power the internet it seems to be incredibly easy to find out who the seller is - I'm not about to shell out myself but for 10 bucks a number of services will get you a name and address. I feel slightly sorry for the poor sap.
    Last edited by Mosschop: 11/17/2012 2:53:24 AM
    Originally Posted by fadeblue
    Oh, and thanks for the politics lesson - you'll have to put up with us ignorant Americans
    Quote from KitsuneWarlock
    One guy would not risk his career and the legal implications of what he was doing to do this. On the career side, this would cost the manufacturer their contract and the individual his job. On the legal side, you better believe you can't take copyrighted materials from a client you've signed an NDA with and pocket them home.

Heck, Wizards has fired employees for such misconduct with the (limited) printing capabilities they (had?). Upperdeck lost the rights to Yu-Gi-Oh! over something similar too...

All of New Phyrexia was spoiled by a pro with an NDA if you recall.
    Please God let there be pics...
    The only good EDH is the kind with Smokestack.
    I'm usually pretty skeptical, but this seems like it just might be legit. Hopefully we'll have some concrete knowledge either way when I awaken tomorrow afternoon.
    I'm an unabashed Spike who plays Modern exclusively. I can often be found complaining about how much of every set is dedicated to Limited.
    I'm surprised this listing has been up since the 12th. Surprising to me it took this long for someone to find this and that wotc didn't find it and shut this guy down. The names all sound pretty legitimate as well. Man it'd be sweet if we got pictures. It's going to suck for the guy when he gets megafired but do you really think pbm will lose their contract over this? I mean how many facilities are there that can manufacture magic cards and how hard would it be to transfer production?
    Quote from Sojourner
    The flavor oozes off this card like a fat stack of KFC Doubledowns in the desert.

We have pictures now, you're welcome folks. Two hours of texting later and we got 'em
    Quote from Geaux
    We have pictures now, you're welcome folks. Two hours of texting later and we got 'em

Please.. put them up.. May jesus have mercy.
    Standard:
    WR We Are Boros RW

kwis on fun decks:
    Quote from kwis

Quote from Geaux

Dear god man you can't just say that! Post them!
    Quote from Sojourner
    The flavor oozes off this card like a fat stack of KFC Doubledowns in the desert.

They are on the add now Mashayous
    Attaching the images from the craigslist ad. If this goes against some rule that I can't recall, then you can just look up the ad via the info given within the OP.

That being said, how hard is it to fake a foil card?
    ATTACHMENTS
    • 3E43Ib3l25L95F95Jacbh02d22944ad001a32
    • 3E73o83N95I85Y65Mecbh638b7a32b7d31a8c
    • 3E83La3I45G85F95Jbcbhae02d5be07a815be
    • 3G63I53Jd5Id5Fb5P3cbhc18ce4737f1e12d1
    • 3M93J13He5L15Ne5Mfcbh7f7a76db33da116c
    Here they come:

SNIP

So guys, what are the initial thoughts?

While I appreciate the photos, please make sure that you use an image hosting site or the attachment manager. -TK
    Last edited by TK-421: 11/17/2012 3:47:42 AM
    Standard:
    WR We Are Boros RW

kwis on fun decks:
    Quote from kwis

Quote from Geaux
    They are on the add now Mashayous

Praise be the spoiler gods. These look pretty dang legit.
    Edit, spoke too soon, Domri doesn't pop out of the frame these are fake, darn.
    Quote from Sojourner

Quote from Druki
    Attaching the images from the craigslist ad. If this goes against some rule that I can't recall, then you can just look up the ad via the info given within the OP.

That being said, how hard is it to fake a foil card?

According to some in the card altering threads not hard, but after scanning these cards why would anyone make such bad fakes? Rade is the only one that seems relatively playable at the moment
    Goodness now. Amazing works! Shame the men in black are on their way.

Edit: Although close look maybe not so amazing work. Something is really wrong with Borborygmos. Frown
    Last edited by Ranma: 11/17/2012 3:33:19 AM
    On the plus side, if these do turn out to be the real deal we have our large dragon and ridiculously costed johnny blue card out of the way
    That's a Timmy blue card, not a Johnny one.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes