12/31 DailyMTG Previews: Deathpact Angel, Illusionist's Bracers, lots of small stuff

Quote from Verseau
    i think u can't
    to simplify this
    bracer on elf = 2x untap target forest = 2 mana
    galvanic alchemist = 2U = 3 mana

that means you still have 1 deficit mana

*edit*
    what you can do is
    Captain of the Mists with Bracers + Gilded Lotus = Infinite Mana

Tap Gilded Lotus gain 3 mana > Tap Captain and pay 1U > Untap Captain and Gilded Lotus > back to step 1

why dont make a bant deck with early mana ramp like:
    turn 1- arbor elf
    turn 2 -Illusionist's Bracers
    turn 3 - equip bracers on elf and play avacin pylgrim and farseek
    turn 4 - a drop 7 or less
    i know in standart it is pretty slow but is not at all a meh
    Last edited by leslak: 12/31/2012 9:08:56 PM
    about Kalonian Hydra
    Quote from Georg51
    Then you have to make a fool of yourself by suggesting that I would ever lose to you playing this soon-to-be junk Mythic.
    Quote from KolbaneX
    Elf gets double untap and tap. The Alchemist grants that ability to the Elf as well.

both copied and original AA goes to the stak at the same time so you resolve both at the same time then you can tap
    about Kalonian Hydra
    Quote from Georg51
    Then you have to make a fool of yourself by suggesting that I would ever lose to you playing this soon-to-be junk Mythic.
    Im going to be working on a G/R evolve lighting deck. turn one drop stomping ground go to 18 turn 2 play lighting elemental swing for 5.
    Quote from TechTop
    Im going to be working on a G/R evolve lighting deck. turn one drop stomping ground go to 18 turn 2 play lighting elemental swing for 5.

What?
    like turn 1 you play stomping ground and maybe experiment one?
    and turn 2 ??????????????? maybe Mogg Flunkies or Deadly Recluse
    and
    turn 3 Reckless Brute or Flinthoof Boar
    or turn 2: 2 Slumbering Dragon
    Last edited by leslak: 12/31/2012 9:17:49 PM
    about Kalonian Hydra
    Quote from Georg51
    Quote from leslak
    both copied and original AA goes to the stak at the same time so you resolve both at the same time then you can tap

Yes but you can tap in response to the first untap Grin Which I believe nets you 4 mana per activation? Stack goes like this. Tap 4 mana, and pay 3 to untap the elf.
    Untap Elf
    Untap Elf

First untap resolves, you tap in reponse, now the stack looks like this:

Untap Forest
    Untap Forest
    Untap Elf

You then untap those and sink them in giving you 3 mana(you floated one at the beginning)
    Then the second Elf untap trigger goes, and you can untap two more lands, netting 5 mana total, which you then funnel 3 more into repeating the process. This interaction has a net gain of one mana per cycle, indeed leading to unlimited mana.
    Quote from jedimindtricks

Now, if we could just get that goblin walker. Preferably before the part in the storyline where he planeswalked right into Progenitus.

On the Subject of Master Biomancer:
    Quote from Lully
    That mythic is very mythic. Pillarfield ox has returned with a vengeance.

Many thanks to DNC at Heroes of the Plane Studios
    Quote from empathogen
    The fun potential on those bracers is through the roof.
    Could've broken Fatestitcher if it weren't for that "another target permanent" limit :p

Don't worry, we've always got Tidewater Minion.
    Deathpack Angel looks ok. Reanimatable, but then the reanimating cleric is a bit fragile.

The Bracers looks damn fun with Izzet staticaster.

Swine is common, so meh.

The Shade is ok. Helps if you have black gates as you don't have to worry about mana fixing.

Gridlock is.... um, the new, weaker Gigadrowse?

The Krasis is an ok common.

Call of the Nightwing is such an awful card, even for an uncommon, compared to the other Cipher card we've seen before.

Experiment 1 is.... risky? Maybe. By losing counters it becomes weaker, and thus may die before it gets regenerated (seriously), but it does help it evolve better.

Shanktail is ok. Looks like Bloodrush is strictly a 3-mana ability that copies over a creature for a turn. Interesting, but narrow.

Boros Elite is, well, elite Smile

Cloudfin Raptor can get pretty absurd. Guaranteed a 1/2 by turn 2, and can get absurd if we have enough good creatures to help it evolve.

Yay, Tin Street Market finally gets a card! A bit on the expensive side, but I'm sure people may try playing it Smile

Murder Investigation can get sick, frankly. I won't be surprised if it can give you 4-6 tokens in one go, for example if you have the Boros Elite.
    Experiment One seems subtly powerful. Champion of the Parish#5-8 in human decks? It probably can't ever get insanely large, topping out at 3/3 or 4/4 but sticks around after Supreme Verdict.

How does that 0/1 flying thing interact with Gather the Townsfolk? If it's 01/ does it end up 1/2 or 2/3 after Gather resolves?
    Quote from nickolai
    Experiment One seems subtly powerful. Champion of the Parish#5-8 in human decks? It probably can't ever get insanely large, topping out at 3/3 or 4/4 but sticks around after Supreme Verdict.

How does that 0/1 flying thing interact with Gather the Townsfolk? If it's 01/ does it end up 1/2 or 2/3 after Gather resolves?

I think just 1/2, because of the intervening if clause.
    Don't know.. all of the tokens do enter the battlefield at the same time,
    but I think how they trigger and approach the evolve ability is more
    granular than a slide of +1/+1 counters.
    -- Modern Decks --
    WUR Enduring Ideal RUW
    GGG Stompy Crux GGG

-- Elder Dragon Highlander --
    UBU Grimgrin, Zombie Horde UBU
    RWR Jor Kadeen Tron RWR
    BRU Sedris Beatdown URB
    UUU Llawan, Empress of "No" UUU
    WBW Vish Kal Tron WBW
    GRG Thromok Token GRG
    RRR Zo-Zu, Hater of Everything RRR
    That equipment seems right on for edh abuse.
    im not sure if this has been answered already but if you cipher onto a keyrune after making it a creature, after the turn will the encoding fall off so to speak due to it not being a creture anymore?
    Quote from cerrian
    I know nothing of angel of serenity, apparently it's sick like the bird flu
    They could have given deathpact lifelink and i would still play Obzedat over her...
    Quote from magac

It's not strictly weaker. Gigadrowse requires all blue; you can pay this one with any color (plus one U).
    scotmartin said:

I’d like to see the Phyrexians invade the Homelands plane. Once they assimilated the poor design they would be easier for another group to take out.
    Quote from magac
    Deathpack Angel looks ok. Reanimatable, but then the reanimating cleric is a bit fragile.

The Bracers looks damn fun with Izzet staticaster.

Swine is common, so meh.

The Shade is ok. Helps if you have black gates as you don't have to worry about mana fixing.

The Krasis is an ok common.

Call of the Nightwing is such an awful card, even for an uncommon, compared to the other Cipher card we've seen before.

Experiment 1 is.... risky? Maybe. By losing counters it becomes weaker, and thus may die before it gets regenerated (seriously), but it does help it evolve better.

Shanktail is ok. Looks like Bloodrush is strictly a 3-mana ability that copies over a creature for a turn. Interesting, but narrow.

Boros Elite is, well, elite Smile

Cloudfin Raptor can get pretty absurd. Guaranteed a 1/2 by turn 2, and can get absurd if we have enough good creatures to help it evolve.

Yay, Tin Street Market finally gets a card! A bit on the expensive side, but I'm sure people may try playing it Smile

Murder Investigation can get sick, frankly. I won't be surprised if it can give you 4-6 tokens in one go, for example if you have the Boros Elite.

Gridlock is only slightly weaker than Gigadrowse simply since you can replicate in response to a counterspell. Gigadrowse is a 9/10. Gridlock is an 8.5/10

Now, if we could just get that goblin walker. Preferably before the part in the storyline where he planeswalked right into Progenitus.

Quote from Lully

Quote from Derenathor
    They could have given deathpact lifelink and i would still play Obzedat over her...

Yeah, she's pretty disappointing, especially when compared to the previous Orzhov angel.
    Quote from KolbaneX
    Gridlock is only slightly weaker than Gigadrowse simply since you can replicate in response to a counterspell. Gigadrowse is a 9/10. Gridlock is an 8.5/10

Technically, you cannot replicate in response to a counterspell. You can play it, replicate it, and they have to counter each copy individually.

Gigadrowse also hits lands, making it much more powerful. There were decks in standard that would EOT tap down all of the opponent's blue sources, then untap and Dragonstorm off or something.

This card is nowhere near as strong, despite being easier to cast.
    My Moderator Helpdesk
    Currently Playing:
    Legacy: Something U/W Controlish
    EDH Cube
    Hypercube! A New EDH Deck Every Week(ish)!
    I absolutely love that equipment, its like the swiss army knife for EDH shenanigans. Stonehewer giant? Yeah sure, I just search and attach something like sword of feast and famine and argentum armor in one go.
    Quote from Wildfire393
    Technically, you cannot replicate in response to a counterspell. You can play it, replicate it, and they have to counter each copy individually.

Gigadrowse also hits lands, making it much more powerful. There were decks in standard that would EOT tap down all of the opponent's blue sources, then untap and Dragonstorm off or something.

This card is nowhere near as strong, despite being easier to cast.

Did not see the nonland clause. It drops to a 7.5 out of 10.

Quote from Lully

Eh, I think I'd rather have Blustersquall than Gridlock.
    Club Flamingo Entries: +50
    Club Flamingo Wins: 1!
    I love Murder Investigation. I think it would be more interesting design if you could use it on your opponents creatures though. Turn 2 Murder Investigation on their creature, turn 4 wait for sweep.
    Quote from theMarc
    Yeah, she's pretty disappointing, especially when compared to the previous Orzhov angel.

if they give her deathtouch she would be better
    about Kalonian Hydra
    Quote from Georg51
    I totally love both the Shade and the Emissary!!!!
    Wield your heart, and the world will tremble!!!-Doran, the Siege Tower
    BWG

Quote from Lormador

The effect could prove so discombobulating to combo players, in particularly, they may fizzle and run away screaming. "From that day the Curse of the Plateau was upon me, and I found every hand I ever pull from a combo deck is a mulligan."

Member of Anti-Blue Alliance (Just Say "Yes" to Spells!) Members: 8 known, add to your sig to join!
    Quote from LnGrrrR
    Eh, I think I'd rather have Blustersquall than Gridlock.

+1 here, anytime for me too.
    Quote from izzetmage
    If the store owner says that I can't trade in the premises, I'll just go outside. If he says that I can't trade within 10m of his premises, I'll go to 11 meters. If he says that he doesn't want to see me trading, I will put a basket over his head and continue trading.

Quote from Stinky-Dinkins

Yes, he's a local legend. He's only known to take his clothes off before he goes into the Ladies' Lockerroom. Nobody knows what he does in there because he's invisible, but it's almost certainly tons of masturbating.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes