12/31 DailyMTG Previews: Deathpact Angel, Illusionist's Bracers, lots of small stuff

All previews from the mothership will be posted here.

ATTACHMENTS
    • 1f2gkz8cg9_en
    • 3c7ur9svcm_en
    • 7jucq0zln0_en
    • 8dykso0jvs_en
    • j8la39uo68_en
    Last edited by TK-421: 12/31/2012 10:37:23 AM
    Fun little angel there.

Illusionist's Bracers is really, really cool.

/Hijack
    ATTACHMENTS
    • krxym94uy0_en
    • kwtkd3c7sh_en
    • v092k7o543_en
    • mshrpl53qw_en
    • ptvrnuyfro_en
    Last edited by Sabett: 12/30/2012 11:13:40 PM
    Tantarus: It didn't make the gaka greifer level, so it should be fine

EDH:
    RNorin the WaryR
    GUEdric, Spymaster of TrestUG

Duel Commander:
    WUGeist of Saint TraftUW
    BGSkullbriar, the Walking GraveGB
    BUGDamia, Sage of StoneGUB

Chruch of the Wary
    Burning Tree Emissary is awesome.

That equipment is going to be cool too.

MORE hijacking
    ATTACHMENTS
    • yxtqf1k89d_en
    • zpg0dfq8wh_en
    • sktlscjx5r_en
    • 5htsd44dbw_en
    • zdwcgxx5n9_en
    Last edited by TK-421: 12/31/2012 10:36:53 AM
    I like this...a lot.

Even more hijacking! @_@
    ATTACHMENTS
    • k6ttg3nv03_en
    • onzd119aok_en
    • l5uvcxgxu3_en
    • dvdz6c6zos_en
    • yp1jnjsbh4_en
    Last edited by viperesque: 12/30/2012 11:41:40 PM

Sig by the amazing Rivenor
    Avatar by the one and only DOLZero

What you are about to read the absolute truth about the deck that once nearly killed WotC's revenue.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DallasM
    Caw Blade is based on the ancient powerful strategy of equipping Storm Crow with Worldslayer, blowing everything up, punching your opponent in the face, stealing his cards, and running away. This new deck is a mere shell of the original caw blade's power.
    And now Bloodrush makes more sense. To call it a rehash of Channel is oversimplifying it - using the Bloodrush ability of a creature card practically gives another creature all the abilities of the discarded card AND the P/T boost. Interesting.
    DCI Rules Advisor

Currently playing:
    (Temporarily on hiatus from playing, but still a rules advisor.)
    Gridlock made me laugh. I love that flavor. Great world-building card.
    That shaman is nice in limited. Evolve looks like a great mechanic. I liked the concept of level up cards, but they couldn't really play out well. Evolve seems like a good fix to keep early cards relevant later on in the game.

How exactly do the bracers work? Only activated, ie tap like abilities? Or do triggers work as well?
    Last edited by Mordekai_8: 12/30/2012 11:25:01 PM
    Bracers are definitely cool. Mechanics look nice although evolve still isn't doing much for me. We'll see, though. Nothing really strikes me as 'must have' yet, but I'm sure by the end it will be quite a great set.
    Quote from "Feared and Fearless" »
    Stephen Hawking can say the sky is made of Jello, but that doesn't make it true.

EDH Logic:
    Casual EDH decks are decks that are worse than mine. Competitive EDH decks are decks that are better than mine.
    Quote from SyntheticDreamer
    And now Bloodrush makes more sense. To call it a rehash of Channel is oversimplifying it - using the Bloodrush ability of a creature card practically gives another creature all the abilities of the discarded card AND the P/T boost. Interesting.

I await for "each creature card in your hand has bloodlust" and then someone makes a Birds of Paradise a Primeval Titan.
    How about Experiment 1? A 1/1 evolve is good any day.

Sig by the amazing Rivenor
    Avatar by the one and only DOLZero

What you are about to read the absolute truth about the deck that once nearly killed WotC's revenue.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DallasM
    Caw Blade is based on the ancient powerful strategy of equipping Storm Crow with Worldslayer, blowing everything up, punching your opponent in the face, stealing his cards, and running away. This new deck is a mere shell of the original caw blade's power.
    And Drakewing Krasis receives this set's Artwork-that-is-on-a-common-but-belongs-on-a-rare Award.
    Gridlock is going to be a big-time game changer.
    Well, that *is* quite a step down from gigadrowse, now isn't it? Least in U
    PSA- With BNG having many 'opponents choice' effects and not just in tribute, it helps to know how to evaluate such mechanics:

Whenever a mechanic gives an opponent his choice of one of multiple options, the ability is overall worth less than the least of these options, made worse by how different the options are and better by your ability to manipulate this choice. In most cases you have no meaningful way to influence your opponents choice.
    Loving Cipher now. Nightwing is nasty. Must start on an Esper.dec now.
    UR(U/R)I am a Dimir Agent working with Izzet for my own goalsUB(U/B)

Decks

Future EDH
    BRGAdun OakenshieldG[MANA]R[/MANA]B

When it escaped, the experimenters hesitated. It would cause untold havoc, yet they wished to see it in action.
    Quote from Target Player
    And Drakewing Krasis receives this set's Artwork-that-is-on-a-common-but-belongs-on-a-rare Award.

Not to mention that is a really solid common
    Quote from jedimindtricks

Now, if we could just get that goblin walker. Preferably before the part in the storyline where he planeswalked right into Progenitus.

On the Subject of Master Biomancer:
    Quote from Lully
    That mythic is very mythic. Pillarfield ox has returned with a vengeance.

Many thanks to DNC at Heroes of the Plane Studios
    I like how fresh Deathpact Angel's ability feels. I would love to see more cards with such an ability.
    Can't decide if I'm going Boros or Gruul for the Prerelease still... Definately building Naya though, haha.

Protip: looking at the product page, it seems last week's spoilers will be our prerelease promos.
    Quote from PhyrexianExile
    I use the Duels Of The Planeswalkers layout, though I'm right-handed and keep my deck and GY to the left. I dare you to ask me how tempting it is to hold flying creatures in a floating pattern over the table.
    Quote from Serpos of Urug
    You people need to stop getting excited about drakes.

"You people...?"

Actually, you make a good point: there have been a few drakes that received killer artwork, only to set at the common rarity.

Wassupwitdat?!
    Quote from KolbaneX
    Not to mention that is a really solid common

Its no Assault Zeppelid. Still works good with evolve though

Dear kbx41,

You have received a warning at MTG Salvation Forums.

Reason:
    -------
    Flaming or Other Forms of Misbehavior

Saying that you sometimes wish people (in this case the implication is the staff) would fall down a well and get AIDS is hardly appropriate for the forum.

Quote from 18_rabbits

What? It's Father's day? I call fake. There's not even a scan to prove it!

Quote from Whimsicalbox

Six is like two mana more than five.

I have 28 different EDH decks
    I like how Deathpact Angel is pretty durn resilient

Now, if we could just get that goblin walker. Preferably before the part in the storyline where he planeswalked right into Progenitus.

Quote from Lully

Quote from Psymon Armour
    Wish it were so. Cipher says combat damage, though.

yup my bad saw it AFTER Grin too much joy seeing the spoilers ...
    I actually like all of these cards.
    Gridlock reminds me of the art on Blockbuster.
    Quote from Senior Gomez
    Can't decide if I'm going Boros or Gruul for the Prerelease still... Definately building Naya though, haha.

Protip: looking at the product page, it seems last week's spoilers will be our prerelease promos.

Dimir's promo has a P/T so it's a new card

Quote from Lully

Quote from Senior Gomez

If that is the case I will be Dimir for the Prerelease
    UR(U/R)I am a Dimir Agent working with Izzet for my own goalsUB(U/B)

Decks

Future EDH
    BRGAdun OakenshieldG[MANA]R[/MANA]B

When it escaped, the experimenters hesitated. It would cause untold havoc, yet they wished to see it in action.
    Bracers is cool. I like me some duplicating. The Angel is awesome. Bloodrush got a whole lot cooler now that it can slap abilities on stuff... very nice night. Set is looking great.
    Avatar by Disappointing Signet Inc

[SPOILER=Standard]
    RB Devotion to Mogis

UWB Oloro, Ageless Ascetic
    RUG Animar, Soul of the Elements
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes